KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hulk, Thor, and Gladiator vs. Doomsday, Darkseid, and Solomon Grundy

Hulk, Thor, and Gladiator vs. Doomsday, Darkseid, and Solomon Grundy
Started by: Dark Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<Leonidas, exactly how strong do you believe Superman to be?>>

i think you asked me this before. the answer then was 'a little' stronger than thor. not very quantifiable, i know, but enough where if he fought thor without his hammer, he'd likely win 8/10 in a pure slugfest ie - without heat vision or speed. some of that is because i think he is more durable as well. again, i go back to thor's fight w/o hammer v hulk and hulk damn near KILLED him and, as i said, it didn't take long.

and kg - you never answered my question - where did thor ko savage hulk? cube, do you know the book kg's referencing? honestly, i would like to know.

and kg, glads''s is NOT tossing planets at anyone!! nor is he as tough as pre-c supes. (at least not when pre-c was written well) in a treasury x-over that i will not take out to scan, savage hulk POUNDS and POUNDS at supes who just . . . stands there! supes says if he doesn't want to be moved NOTHING can move him. we never know if hulk WOULD have succeeded because the fight is interrupted, but we all know hulk did considerably more than 'move' glads. AND that wasn't savage hulk. AND he carried hulk into space quick, yes, but had he been moving 100x FTL they'd have been near SATURN instead of near the upper atmosphere! (for all the good THAT did glads . . . and you somehow think dd couldn't do AT LEAST that much?? seriously, i'm afraid you're losing it on me, man . . .)

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:18 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

Do you know the definition of the word bashing? I don't know if you realize you are, but you do it in every other post.
Thats how sh!t goes down where I come from

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:18 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by leonidas

i think you asked me this before. the answer then was 'a little' stronger than thor. not very quantifiable, i know, but enough where if he fought thor without his hammer, he'd likely win 8/10 in a pure slugfest ie - without heat vision or speed. some of that is because i think he is more durable as well. again, i go back to thor's fight w/o hammer v hulk and hulk damn near KILLED him and, as i said, it didn't take long.

and kg - you never answered my question - where did thor ko savage hulk? cube, do you know the book kg's referencing? honestly, i would like to know.

and kg, glads''s is NOT tossing planets at anyone!! nor is he as tough as pre-c supes. (at least not when pre-c was written well) in a treasury x-over that i will not take out to scan, savage hulk POUNDS and POUNDS at supes who just . . . stands there! supes says if he doesn't want to be moved NOTHING can move him. we never know if hulk WOULD have succeeded because the fight is interrupted, but we all know hulk did considerably more than 'move' glads. AND that wasn't savage hulk. AND he carried hulk into space quick, yes, but had he been moving 100x FTL they'd have been near SATURN instead of near the upper atmosphere! (for all the good THAT did glads . . . and you somehow think dd couldn't do AT LEAST that much?? seriously, i'm afraid you're losing it on me, man . . .)

read the other thread

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:22 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hulk's a green grundy? you think that's true? not bashing, just curious. i know grundy was around first, but i'd never heard of hulk being labelled a rip-off. i DO think hulk and grundy would be a great battle. isn't grundy immortal and able to tap a limitless source of energy? i think that would be an epic battle.

oh, and sure glads is a knock off. that's not why i don't like him. i don't like him because his weakness is just plain idiotic (he lacks 'confidence'?? wtf?), he boasts (seriously, not like herc does) about everything but has done little, AND he is usually written inconsistently as hell.

i think glads would last long enough against dd in this fight for thor to beat dasrkseid (though it pains me to admit that because i've always been a big darkseid fan) then help him. glads AND thor should be able to take dd (though it wouldn't be easy - a weaker dd wiped out the jla very easily) or remove him long enough for all 3 to beat grundy then all 3 could work on dd and certainly beat him.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:26 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by snoopdogg
kgkg probably surfs the internet for his scans. Mine are all origianal.

I surf, no man I have 100 supes comics.

I even have the fight between Polaris vs superman one smile pretty good

big grin

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:29 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Thats how sh!t goes down where I come from

Well, this is a forum with rules. We'd all appreciate it if you respected them.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:30 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by kgkg
I surf, no man I have 100 supes comics.

I even have the fight between Polaris vs superman one smile pretty good

big grin
I have over 700 Supes comics.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:30 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

hulk's a green grundy? you think that's true? not bashing, just curious. i know grundy was around first, but i'd never heard of hulk being labelled a rip-off. i DO think hulk and grundy would be a great battle. isn't grundy immortal and able to tap a limitless source of energy? i think that would be an epic battle.

oh, and sure glads is a knock off. that's not why i don't like him. i don't like him because his weakness is just plain idiotic (he lacks 'confidence'?? wtf?), he boasts (seriously, not like herc does) about everything but has done little, AND he is usually written inconsistently as hell.

i think glads would last long enough against dd in this fight for thor to beat dasrkseid (though it pains me to admit that because i've always been a big darkseid fan) then help him. glads AND thor should be able to take dd (though it wouldn't be easy - a weaker dd wiped out the jla very easily) or remove him long enough for all 3 to beat grundy then all 3 could work on dd and certainly beat him.

DD is a son of a *****; it seems he is not fast anymore sad

Or was he ever?

Gladiator rules these fools by tossing planets smile

darksied is a big sissy , leo did you see when him and his buddy came to earth ? lol

grundy ---- is hulk without getting stonger and stonger

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:32 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

I have over 700 Supes comics.

then why were you saying beyond light speed?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:33 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<DD is a son of a *****; it seems he is not fast anymore
Or was he ever?
Gladiator rules these fools by tossing planets
darksied is a big sissy , leo did you see when him and his buddy came to earth ? lol
grundy ---- is hulk without getting stonger and stonger>>

hrm. i agree with everything here. well, except of course the planet tossing thing. and the dd I'M referencing is the hunter/prey dd. not sure wtf is happening to dd lately. maybe the latest storyline will tell more about him? his powers DO seem to have waned since his initial appearance, which appears exactly the OPPOSITE to what they SHOULD seem to do (evolving and getting stronger and all that . . ) and yes, darkseid has been reduced to a pussy plot device. alas, i cry for the lost days of pre-crisis . . .

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:37 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

then why were you saying beyond light speed?
Lets do some math here kgkg. In this pic Superman flies from the earth to the Sun which is 93 million miles away. The speed of light would take about 9 minutes to get there.

According to you it would take Superman a couple days to get there at mach 50.

Attachment: superman and darkseid.jpg
This has been downloaded 53 time(s).

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:39 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Lets do some math here kgkg. In this pic Superman flies from the earth to the Sun which is 93 million miles away. The speed of light would take about 9 minutes to get there.

How do you know he didn't rip space?

Here he claims himself he cannot

And he says he would rip space in other times.

Like I said superman can rip space, he has done it without going light speed.

But he cannot go light speed without ripping space ( fact)

Attachment: notfasterthanlight.jpg
This has been downloaded 41 time(s).

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:41 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Like I said superman can rip space, he has done it without going light speed.

That makes no sense at all kgkg.

How do you explain that?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:42 AM
Cosmic Cube

Hulk's virtually immortal, and he draws energy from a pocket universe of infinite power. Their characters are strikingly similar, as well. One major difference: Hulk has an alter-ego. I smell rip-off.

Could you try quantifying Superman's strength? As far as I know, his greatest feat was pushing War World into a Boom Tube. True, he was capable of containing a miniature black hole in his hands for a short time, but that's more of a feat of durability than physical strength.

Gladiator was able to swim through a star without the luxury of a solar energy absorbing bio-matrix. I think he's well within Superman's class of durability,

Pre-crisis Superman was written well? confused

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:43 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

That makes no sense at all kgkg.

How do you explain that?

It’s comic lol superman can spin really fast to create holes in space.

Read the race btw flash and supes , and the vortex one where he was struggle with speed you will see the theories behind light speed rite from supes own mouth.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:45 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

In this pic kgkd the Cannibal planet was eating the Sun and Causing Earth to freeze. Superman had to stop the global warming or the Earth and its populus would die. Earth to the Sun in no time.

Read the comic and get back to me son.

Attachment: superman hauling ass again3.jpg
This has been downloaded 33 time(s).

Last edited by snoopdogg on Jul 3rd, 2005 at 05:58 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:46 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Hulk's virtually immortal, and he draws energy from a pocket universe of infinite power. Their characters are strikingly similar, as well. One major difference: Hulk has an alter-ego. I smell rip-off.

Could you try quantifying Superman's strength? As far as I know, his greatest feat was pushing War World into a Boom Tube. True, he was capable of containing a miniature black hole in his hands for a short time, but that's more of a feat of durability than physical strength.

Gladiator was able to swim through a star without the luxury of a solar energy absorbing bio-matrix. I think he's well within Superman's class of durability,

Pre-crisis Superman was written well? confused

Black Adam was pre-crisis supes level

but no one is talking about pre crisis adam , or pre crisis hal jordan.

they say it's not real

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:47 AM
Cosmic Cube

The sun is rather small in that picture. If they had arrived on the sun, it would have been much larger. I don't believe they are actually on the sun, or remotely close to it, simply by judging it's perspective size.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:48 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

The sun is rather small in that picture. If they had arrived on the sun, it would have been much larger. I don't believe they are actually on the sun, or remotely close to it, simply by judging it's perspective size.
Look at the scan dude. They are flying right too it. You can even see them flying past the Moon.

Open your eyes. eek!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:52 AM
Cosmic Cube

Look at the scan dude. They are flying right too it. You can even see them flying past the Moon.

Open your eyes. eek!

Flying past the moon takes much less time than flying to the sun. My eyes are wide open. They are obviously closer to the sun than Earth is, but gauging the size of the sun in that picture, they can't be any closer than the relative distance of Venus.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:54 AM