KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Kain VS Dante

Kain VS Dante
Started by: Burning thought

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Generic Hero
KGB

quote:
1. Kain moves at mist speed, its not displayed while you play apart from when you dodge because if it were you wouldnt be able to control someone moving so fast

Prove it. "He can do X, he just doesn't show it" requires proof. He can only mist short distances because it drains energy (Source: Blood Omen)

quote:

also try playing defiance again, chapter 3 while in moebious stronghold he throws moebious weapon away.......he doesnt do it while you play however which is a shame, but many things in LOK games hapen in cinematics such as teleportation, TK on weapons and other things so that its not completly worthless to even try the game for a challenge, even thogh it still is a bit easy, also he can move while usin TK, play defiance until you get the last TK spell, its TK chains, you bind your enemy in the air, and you can do what you like with it really

Suppose you're right.

quote:

False, Kain is immortal true, but he says so in game that Raziel is the only one who can kill him prophecy or no prophecy, the prophecy only makes Kain completly indestructable to all including Raziel, also at what part in Defiance does he ever die, when he loses all his life in-game he just becomes mist bats and forms again

Which is my original problem: Kain is destined to rule a corrupted world or return Balance and die at the hands of the Hylden Champion / Vampire Champion. Raziel is either, since he has free will. It's not his own power keeping him alive, but one's of destiny. LoK Vampires can die from Sunlight (Kain is immune), water (Kain gets owned by water), fire, decapitation and impaling. Even if Dante can't kill Kain, he can still severely pwn him and make him bat away.

quote:
dante doesnt move at light speed ime afraid

Neither does Kain's teleportation.

quote:
k where shall i begin....all this arrow crap and boss crap is game mechanics, or lets bring up Dante must die mode, most monsters can pwn dante in a few hits in that, and even weak ones too, or maybe heaven and hell

The problem here is that you can't quantify the monster's power in omparison to Kain. They are just "weak" compared to DMC enemies, not LoK enemies.

We know however that arrows are much weaker than bullets.

quote:
mode, one hit, wow dante is very tough, or dont game mechanics suddenly dont excist any more roll eyes (sarcastic) , also dont count out arrows completly, although better technology to fight humans, how many vampires in fiction do you see damaged by them, they move through them like nothing, you have to realise that an Arrow, especially burning ones in LOK games are one of the very few weapons effectve against a vampire, especially of Kain calibre, besides he wont have a chance to use his guns

No, bullets are stronger than arrows. Common knowledge, bullets are higher velocity and more damaging. In vampire fiction like Hellsing, guns are very effective and are Alucard's main weapons. Vampire Hunter D, John Carpenter's Vampires, Blade... Always see them using guns, not bows.
quote:

[Quote]also quicksilver has a limit, Kains invincibility doesnt

Doesn't matter. Bangle of Time + Slash his head off. Due to his fate he could be revived, but that's not stopping Dante from winning the fight. Imagine, Raziel ripping out the Heart of Darkness had him out cold for hours (and his wound didn't heal until Raziel healed him). Imagine what cutting off his head would do to him.

quote:
now please play the LOK games all the way through a few times before making up a load of stuff about him

I've played and beaten every single LoK game in existence. You guys can actually make plenty of points about Kain (Implode, Stun spell, Incapacitate, Spirit Death, Spirit Wrack, in fact, I've debating for Kain in an exact same thread as this on another forum... but it seems only burning thought knows why Kain should win but his stuff is just from Defiance)

Last edited by Generic Hero on Aug 9th, 2006 at 02:26 PM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 02:23 PM
Generic Hero is currently offline Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kain wins.
He can teleport, turn into mist, has tk, can controle different elements, time and demensions, can steal souls and... is immortal.
End of story.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 02:29 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

well said...only raziel can kill him...

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 11:07 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

indeed, kain holds all the cards, also what era is this, is it present kain or old kain, if its present then he doesnt have blood omen abilities because in Blood omen 2 he forgets, however blood omen 2 abilities and onwards should still be allowed...immolate anyone, instant death to all non boss enemies

Also as i say, you wont get one bullet to hit Kain, hes too fast, also theres no proof that Mist form drains any energy from modern kain, distance isnt a good enough reason, anyone he can keep misting short distances and dodge all attacks, also his teleportation is fast enough to stop Dante, Dante cannot beat this guy, one soul reaver slash will kill Dante, his soul is not invulnerable

also in Soul reaver 1, Kain can fire a single, instant kill blast of death and can do it continually, i dont remember how raziel defeats it but he does die in 1 hit, Ofc raz is also indestructable and comes back and so its not too hard to figuire how to win, but Dante is dead in 1

also imagine when Kain evolves more, he can probably already beat Dante to death with his hands, he doesnt need his sword but when he evolves he gets wings eventually, imagine a flying kain and teleport combination with instant kill blasts...OUCH!!!!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 10:25 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

Blood Omen 2 Kain is actually, by far, the weakest incarnation of Kain... He sucked in Blood Omen 2.

Elder Kain is crazy powerful (especially at the end of Defiance).

Blood Omen Kain started out as a noob Vampire but quickly became immensely powerful... and Henning addressed that Kain relearned all of his old abilities during the time of his empire. These abilities were not included in Defiance because of balance issues and it wouldn't flow well in the game.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 04:47 AM
Generic Hero is currently offline Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

i will point out that "immortal" in games mean cannot be killed by normal ways, if you use something magical then they can be.

kain heals fast ok, but if dante ripped his brain out.... i'm just askin i haven't made up my mind on this one yet

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 05:05 AM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

if kain loses arms, legs, organs he doesnt die, basically only Raziels Wraith blade can actually kill kain, you have to destroy his soul and body at one swipe, also Kain is fast enough to evade Dante ripping out his brain, he isnt slow.

Also i didnt even know that Generic, i was wondering how he relearnt how to mist form, his pretty godlike at the end of Defiance then, especially if hes still evolving after every hundred or so years, hell end up with wings soon eek!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 08:32 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

when i said ripped out his brain i was assuming than dante had already done significant damage, but it the only way to kill him is wipe out body and soul with one swipe, dante is a gonner, i'm certainly not aware of any powers he has that are going to do that, then you have to assume kain doesn't dodge it....

Last edited by DiffidentAngel on Aug 14th, 2006 at 08:58 AM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 08:56 AM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

damn straight..

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 08:57 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalhead8486

ok people here is my opinion on this subject i am a fan of both games they both have compeling story lines both have great characters. i dont think it is an easy fight both are fast both have unique powers and have exceptional skill. dante with his sword,s guns,speed,strength and he can turn into a demon and that boosts his strength even more also he has the sparda sword wich is a weapon of great power and he is very versatile and is very innovative when it comes to fighting. kain vampire lord he like dante also has great strength, great speed and has one of the most badass swords of all time the soul reaver. kain alo has telequinesis can warp,turn mist and has great skill with swords. i think it would be a tough battle kain has an advantage with his telequinesis yes but what makes you think dante couldnt break kains hold. dante has good senses and is good at telling wether or not someone is gonna attack him same with kain. i think it would be a close battle but in the end kain would win cause hes over thousand years old has more experience. as far as weapons go i think both swords are equally matched the soul reaver is a great sword cause it sucks souls is industructable and can unleash other power. the sparda sword can tuen into different weapons and can open up a demon world and thats all that needs to be said there. but kain is older and more wiser than dante and dantes cockyniess might work against him so this fight is not a land slide victory it would be a long hard faught battle but kain wins in the end .these two though i declare as 2 of the most badass characters ever created thats my story and im sticken to it

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 02:47 AM
Metalhead8486 is currently offline Click here to Send Metalhead8486 a Private Message Find more posts by Metalhead8486 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

although theres nothing Dante could really do much to TK since mind powers are not physical, their just mental and id say the Soul reaver is far more powerful than any of Dante weapon, the ability to suck souls completly destroys an enemy, even most enemies that would of usually come back to life or not die, those who have their souls reaved are not likely coming back, also it can fire instant killing blasts of energy, also another thing is that kain can shapeshift to wolves and bats and can through magic rip someones soul out anyway

but most of your facts are true

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 08:21 AM
Metalhead8486

burning i beg to differ kains telekentic ablities are strong no doubt but i think if dante went demon form dante could break kains telekentic hold on him do to the overwelming power he gets when transformed. and i think the sparda sword could match the soul reaver i mean the sword sealed the demon world wich is basically hell. and sparda is the dark knight that stoped all demons from entering the human world so you have to think the sparda sword is pretty F*cking strong and we all know dante is no slouch with swords. yes the soul reaver takes souls but theres a chance that kain might not have time to try to steal his soul i mean there both extremly fast and both have great healing factors. dante got impailed with the alastor and went up through it and in the 3rd one in the opening he walks with demon scythes in him and still fights like he dosent feel pain im sure this would be a very intense fight and would be a fight to the bitter end. but like i posted before i do think kain would win in the end do to his experience since hes been around over a millenium. but i dont think you give dante the credit he deserves and so what he can shape shift whats kain gonna do bite him to death. and im sure dante has the speed to dodge kains magic attacks. nevan teleports into bats and we all know how she ended up with a sword straight up her cun* and kain hasent fought that many powerful bosses except the hylden lord,malek,raziel,

Last edited by Metalhead8486 on Aug 24th, 2006 at 01:19 AM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 01:04 AM
Metalhead8486 is currently offline Click here to Send Metalhead8486 a Private Message Find more posts by Metalhead8486 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

...And Elder God.
Soul Reaver can not only suck souls but it has all powers that Rasiel possesed and it includes controle over wind, water, light, earth and kain's own powers like controling lightnings, demensions and even time. I don't see Dante dodging all that especially since Kain can teleport.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 08:44 AM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

thats true....kain can also rip someones soul out with magic...that was a cool move..and again, raziel is the only one who can kill him..

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:49 AM
Metalhead8486

i think vergil vs kain would be a lot more interesting kind of battle since vergil is a way better swordsman than dante is. im not saying dante isnt a badass guy with the sword but vergil is more calm and collective and dosent belive in guns so his skill with the swords are far superior to dantes.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2006 01:56 AM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, Vergil has advantage over dante when it comes to sword fighting.
But I don't see him winning this as well.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2006 08:41 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Dante wins, And before post this crap about kain controlling time blah,blah,blah. lemme ask a question, when has kain ever done this without using the reaver as a key against an item? dante doesn't have to kill him, he can K.O. him which is a win. and kain was kocked out by raziel 's crappy tk, dante can use quick silver, and KO him.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 08:29 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Um... when was Kain ever KOed?
There is really nothing Dante can do to him, yes Kain can controle demensions and time with soul reaver and he has tk that's not really crappy, the only way to KO kain is to "kill" him and once this is done he'll reform instantly.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 08:54 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sam Z
Um... when was Kain ever KOed?
There is really nothing Dante can do to him, yes Kain can controle demensions and time with soul reaver and he has tk that's not really crappy, the only way to KO kain is to "kill" him and once this is done he'll reform instantly.

He was K.O'ed by raziel after his heart was ripped out, and when can he control dimensions with the soul reaver?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 08:56 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

..kain will move fast enough to use TK on dante before the half demon can touch him, so how it he going to KO him??

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 09:10 AM