KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » 3 main characters are starting to live their childhood dreams?

3 main characters are starting to live their childhood dreams?
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CaptinJackLover

IM YOUNG TOO!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 05:38 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

You seem to have a better grasp on the subject than I do.

Jonas Brothers.....need I say more?? big grin

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 05:38 PM
diddly is currently offline Click here to Send diddly a Private Message Find more posts by diddly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

lol thanks captainjacklover^^ my main point is this

William loves Liz..but his father has been whats important to him his WHOLE LIFE since his childhood even before he mes Liz..and it only makes sense that when he meets him again he forgets EVERYONE but his dad...

Liz loves Will...but she has been IN LOVE with the pirate life her WHOLE life..even before she met William. so its only natural that she falls IN LOVE with the man who resembles it best..and its NOT William..TRUST me..

Jack loves his material possessions...but he is IN LOVE with Elizabeth..he has probably ALWAYS wanted someone to love him since he was a child and has never got it...then Liz actually comes along..she has seen him laid completely bare and weak and she STILL has faith in his bravery..she loves him for him and not what he says he is...so its only natural that when he sees her again that he gains tremendous feelings for her..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 15th, 2006 at 05:42 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 05:40 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

YEAH...IVE SEEN TOO MANY ROMANTIC MOVIES. I WAS FORCED TO! no expression

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 05:41 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

OHH Harsh!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 05:41 PM
diddly is currently offline Click here to Send diddly a Private Message Find more posts by diddly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

I can't understand why she should love Will more than Jack? For me he is like a brother to her (and not more).
I think she was fascinated of Jack from the beginning ?!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 05:43 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

^^YES SOOO TRUE!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 05:44 PM
diddly
DIVING

Because he's a pirate,.. If she doesn't want to be hung, then she'll stick with Will.
If off to the shower!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 05:45 PM
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jacky Sparrow
I can't understand why she should love Will more than Jack? For me he is like a brother to her (and not more).
I think she was fascinated of Jack from the beginning ?!

LOL thats my point..each character is slowly starting to realise what they really want in life since they were children...The most obvious being Will and Liz..and they are actually living their childhood dreams in this movie..which means no time for one another..

Liz=Pirates
Will=His father

with jack..judging by everything I have seen in both movies...he wants someone to love and be loved by.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 05:45 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

Originally posted by diddly-dum
OHH Harsh!

YES VERY!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 05:47 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I have one thing to say, and it's unfortunately in Will's defense. If you were an orphan and one day met your dad and he was in a really bad situation somewhat beyond his control, wouldn't your priorities change a little? I don't think Will consciously thought, "Liz isn't #1 anymore and I'd rather forget about her." He really can't do anything until he gets off the Flying Dutchman anyway. So his #1 priority there should be getting off the ship. Next, his dad really comes through for him more than once and is put in an even worse situation, so even the best lover in the world would have enough of a heart to want to help him.
Another thing, and I may be wrong on this, but does Beckett give Will a deadline to get the compass? Because if he has a lot of time, Liz is safer behind bars than his dad is out turning into a starfish. Without sounding cold, he can afford to put Liz on hold because she isn't in immediate danger. Even when he knows she's escaped, he loves her and worries about her, but he knows she can take care of herself.
All I'm saying is that you don't have to be growing apart from someone to take the time for someone who needs your help more.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 05:57 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

^^ that a good point

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 06:09 PM
LovelyOne

I'm not saying Will is in the wrong for wanting to save his father..its what he has wanted since before he even met Liz. So can understand why he pretty much forgets about Liz for the time being

Same goes for Liz..she has wanted a pirate long before Will entered into her life. So its only natural that when she is stuck with Jack alone on a ship that she start to feel for him. I can understand why she forgets about Will..if she was REALLy thinking about him then she wouldn't have let jack gt to her like he did.

I feel as if Will left her there because he really doesn't have a knack for saving her..or doing anything bold to save her...even Gov. Swann can see it so he decides to take action..he has no faith in Will to save his daughter..and with good reason..it never really IS will who saves her..It's always been jack who has when she needs it most..in BOTH movies this is..

Instead of bravley saving Liz..he just leaves her there because its EASIER he is still having that problem of being bold around her..which actually pisses her off quite a bit..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 15th, 2006 at 06:12 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 06:10 PM
LovelyOne

Originally posted by diddly-dum
Because he's a pirate,.. If she doesn't want to be hung, then she'll stick with Will.
If off to the shower!

I honestly dont think Liz changed so much in movie 2 just to turn back into ddecent little Lizzie in a pretty dress by movie 3..characters dont develop backwards in stories..

She would have been hung ANYWAY had she not escaped because Will was off stuck on the dutchman whilst his deadline to get the compass slipped past I think confused

He also completley forgets about what he sets out to do..which is get the compass and get Liz out of prison..by the end of the movie all he cares about is stabbing that bloody heart..which means the EITC are going to be mighty PISSED at him if he does and they will probably hang Liz for it if she was stuck back in the cell. HE doesnt know that she has escaped when he promises to stab the heart for his father!!! Obviously his dad is more imporatent to him at the moment...he's forgotten about Liz's saftey completley here..

He didnt go onto that island to find LIZ or Jack's compass ..he had no idea she was there ..he was there to stab the heart...what the heck happened to going back to port royal with the compass and saving Liz and your hides Will?

Even when he finds her he's like "oh just stay put with the chest whilst I do whats more important!" and she says "NO!" she's not going to be restricted by Will...thats more than clear..Jack never restricts her

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 15th, 2006 at 06:33 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 06:21 PM
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

Is Will really given a deadline? I can’t remember it!

But I ask you, if Will does everything to save his father and about this forget his love (I mean he forgets to rescue her from the gallows- only to save his father?) and later he meets her again and doesn’t care about her. She is only good enough to guard the chest.
So he needn’t be angry if Liz is going to kiss Jack at the end. Or what do you think? I mean Jack is interested in her and Will? He uses her like a piece of furniture. So I don’t believe that he lover her very much and can later on take care of Liz.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 07:51 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

you mean that Jack uses Liz like a piece of furniture?

i dont think Jack actually does do that with Liz..he shows her a great deal of respect in the movie..when he's about to get the chance to kiss her..he is very very gentle with her which I wouldnt exect from Jack when it comes to one of his prositites....he actually seems afraid to touch her at times..he doesn't seem like he wants to hurt her...

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 15th, 2006 at 07:57 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 07:53 PM
Legendary Thor
Dark and Vengefull

Hmm furniture well thats meybe too much.anyways he was angry at jack for betraying him and when he saw his father he was kind a happy(Well exept for the part where he is being whiped)and he realy wants to save him.or did you expect that when he sees here theyl get on to kissing didnt you?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 07:55 PM
Legendary Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Legendary Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Legendary Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

i agree with LovelyOne

Last edited by CaptinJackLover on Aug 15th, 2006 at 07:59 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 07:56 PM
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

But for me Jack really cares more about her. Even at the cannibal scene Jack is worried when Will is telling him that Liz gets hung if he doesn't bring the compass.

And for me: When Will comes on that island and Liz kisses him he tries to speak very fast to the others and it seems to me, he does not enjoy the kiss that much.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 08:00 PM
Legendary Thor
Dark and Vengefull

his antenshion is on the guys not on her so i dont think he filed much

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 08:01 PM
Legendary Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Legendary Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Legendary Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote