KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » 3 main characters are starting to live their childhood dreams?

3 main characters are starting to live their childhood dreams?
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Am I not unique if I say I'm 100% unique too? Probably not.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 02:36 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

Depends on how you look at unique

Jonas Brothers.....need I say more?? big grin

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 02:37 AM
diddly is currently offline Click here to Send diddly a Private Message Find more posts by diddly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

IM NOT UNIQUE! Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing blink geek raver wacko whistle bunny

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 02:41 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

You sure about that?? Try different,or wierd,..in a good way!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 02:42 AM
diddly is currently offline Click here to Send diddly a Private Message Find more posts by diddly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

nope im normal and stickin with that whistle

rock santa wacko zorro angel Happy Dance laughing out loud evil face rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 02:45 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

wierdo.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 02:50 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I'm eccentric. shifty Oh, and if you enjoyed Barbosa's moonlight serenade to Liz (see other thread) enjoy the much worse one written by Jack...the monkey.

I called the witch Tia, she told me what to do
she said
"Oo ee, oo ah ah, make that girl your lover
Oo ee, oo ah ah, and take her home to Mother."

I called the blacksmith Will, he told me what to do
he said
"Oo ee, oo ah ah, oh my gosh a talking ape
oo ee, oo ah ah, he's undead and stole my grapes"

I called my namesake Jack, he told me what to do
he said
"Bloody monkey, she's my girl"
and then he shot me...again.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 02:52 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 02:53 AM
CaptinJackLover

hahahhaha

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 02:54 AM
CaptinJackLover

o and diddly-dum...i am not a weirdo! stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 02:55 AM
diddly
DIVING

normal people are wierd;wierd people are normal!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 02:56 AM
CaptinJackLover

you are just like oe of my friends she says the exact same thing to me!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 02:58 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I don't know if I would go so far as to suggest Liz is in love with Jack. She's definitely falling, but I don't think she's there yet. Jack, on the other hand, has lost his heart to her completely now. I think she realized she was really going for him when she kissed him, and I think he realized he loved her.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 03:01 AM
diddly
DIVING

CJL, what I say is true,..well, for me!
wotw, good point!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 03:06 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Thanks. It got me thinking too about how nicely they bookend the first movie with the song from the ride. At the beginning, Liz sings it, then she and Jack both sing it, then he sings it at the end. It possibly foreshadows their choices, that a pirate's life really is the life for them. No one else sings it, not even the other pirates, and it is Liz that teaches him the song.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 03:21 AM
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

i hope they sing it in the next one. I love that song. big grin

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 03:24 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

same!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 03:25 AM
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I don't know if I would go so far as to suggest Liz is in love with Jack. She's definitely falling, but I don't think she's there yet. Jack, on the other hand, has lost his heart to her completely now. I think she realized she was really going for him when she kissed him, and I think he realized he loved her.

then why do you think she chained him up?

The very reason she did that was because he came back for her and that meant the world to her..Had he not come back then her feelings for him would have still been at the "falling" stage..she realised that she loves him and his character once he had come back..so what does she do? She chains him up because she is afraid of him..and how he makes her feel...

If he wasn't a big enough threat to her..say if she was only just falling for him she wouldn't have chained him up to remove the temptation..She did it because she realises that he is pretty much the man for her...but she doesn't want to accept it..but I agree..I think the fact she used a kiss to do that to him actually made matters even harder for her laughing out loud

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 16th, 2006 at 09:56 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 09:51 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Doesn't he just say "Guard the chest!" while running off? I'm sure if she ran off, he would stay and guard the chest.

I'm a pretty modern girl, and I'm all for women having their own adventures and doing things for themselves, but there is involving someone in adventures, and then there is putting someone in danger. Jack can involve Liz because he's not putting her in danger. They are safe on the Pearl. Will feels he can't involve Liz in the fighting because 1. she is important to him and wants to protect her and 2. the chest needs guarded. It's her mistake she didn't stay there because then they would still have it.

Thats a contradiction..he wants her to be safe but he also wants the chest guarded...which is NOT a safe place to be.

...The chest needs to be guarded but if Will wants to protect her then why shove her on the chest that Davy's men are looking for? Thats not safe at all..He runs off and leaves her with certain danger. The answer is that he's not really concerned about her safety he just wants the chest guarded whilst he goes and pursues what he feels is most important..

Liz Is a very VERY strong woman..but she also craves for protection when she needs it most. In movie one she was becoming very pissed off at Will for not being able to be bold around her..and protect her when she needs it.. I'm sorry but it's true..he is always too late to save her..ALL the time..he's never quite there when she needs it the most. Jack actually is always there when she needs it the most. In BOTH movies..To her Jack resembles a man who believes in her strength but also realises that she NEEDS protection at times... he is confident around her, always bold when he wants to be and he's ALWAYS there when she REALLY needs it the most..she's VERY strong..but he's the strength she needs when hers is failing..Will just doesn't do this for Liz..

Also the Pearl isnt a safe haven...The kraken and davy are both after it..hence Gibb's line once he realises Davy is after them "there must be more speet to coax from these sails" or something like that..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 16th, 2006 at 10:13 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 10:08 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

But I can’t understand why she does not admit her feelings about him? I mean she cared about him since the first time they met. And she follows every order Jack gives, even if he talks silently (like when Davy Jones wants to shoot Jack)
I fact she was always fascinated about pirates and I think she should accept her feelings, especially when she knows that Jack loves her really and doesn’t play with her.
I think the fact she chained him up was to say to him that she changed to his side like he wanted her.

Liz wants a man who can protect her and who must be smart and in fact Will is not as smart as Jack is.

Last edited by Jacky Sparrow on Aug 16th, 2006 at 10:13 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 10:09 AM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote