KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Where're the peeps who still like me? Lets talk about what we know (SPOILERS!)

Where're the peeps who still like me? Lets talk about what we know (SPOILERS!)
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 11 12 [13]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LovelyOne

possibly^

It all links back to Odyyseus and Calypso..

Odysseus is now embraced by Mother Earth, in all her verdant fertility, and also living deep within caverns that are only reminiscent of the womb. For seven years, Calypso protects him from Poseidon's wrath. As the devoted and devouring mother, AND the seductive and engulfing mistress/lover, she is both what men most desire, and most fear.

So I can see Will begining to fear Elizabeth you know..

I see him as more like Achillies though..one who will embrace immortality rather than refuse it.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 9th, 2006 at 04:24 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 04:21 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

so Will will embrace his mortality, but for the good of man kind?

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 05:00 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
possibly^

It all links back to Odyyseus and Calypso..

Odysseus is now embraced by Mother Earth, in all her verdant fertility, and also living deep within caverns that are only reminiscent of the womb. For seven years, Calypso protects him from Poseidon's wrath. As the devoted and devouring mother, AND the seductive and engulfing mistress/lover, she is both what men most desire, and most fear.

So I can see Will begining to fear Elizabeth you know..

I see him as more like Achillies though..one who will embrace immortality rather than refuse it.

have i told you lately how smart you are???

i really resonate with this right now.

because look at the basic structure of will's character: he's noble, he's honest, he's in love, and he wants to save his dad.

so he saves his dad this way, but loses the girl. (hopefully). then what would he do next? the obvious thing: become immortal and save souls who get lost at sea (being the antithesis to davy jones)...

because think about it, Will's dad signifies a TYPE of person. when Will makes a commitment to save his dad, i think somewhere he is making a committment to save ALL the lost souls and resemble his father, who have left life on land to pirate or sail or whatever... so essentially, when Will makes the oath to save his dad, he's almost dooming himself to replacing Davy Jones as the GOOD captain of the FD right there.

Will's catchphrase, in my mind, is "I will not abandon you." And i think this means he will be an immortal dude who runs around saving people in all his honor and stuff.

meanwhile, Jack and Liz can pop onto the pearl and live happily ever after.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 05:06 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

LOL thanks^^ and agreed^^

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 01:21 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Penelope:

The trait of endurance that marks Odysseus is mirrored in his wife Penelope, who is unwilling either to reject or to accept marriage. The former choice would endanger her son's life and property, while the latter would end her hope of reunion with her husband. (look at sig) It is for this loyalty to her husband's memory that she is praised in comparison to Clytemnestra's infidelity. Like her husband, Penelope is also seen as clever. She is able to trick the suitors and delay a decision of marriage by carefully knitting Laertes' shroud by day and removing the stitches at night. Since the shroud is never finished, she is able to postpone a decision about matrimony.

Penelope does not allow herself to sink into black despair at the thought of Odysseus' misfortune. She rises from her inertia when the time comes for action and decision. She appears before the suitors and announces that she will marry the one who can string Odysseus' bow and send the arrow through the twelve axes. Her primary purpose is to try and get rid of the suitors and to buy time, for she knows that none of them can pass the test.

While her suffering does chasten her out of superficial optimism, it does not, however, sink her into an incapacitating melancholy. Though she doubts the beggar's prediction about Odysseus' homecoming, she acts upon it, declaring her intention of marrying the man who can string Odysseus' bow. This expresses her inspired compromise between doubt and hope, between her memory of Odysseus' old command and her faith in today's signs. Her thoughts and dreams each night oscillate between duty and desire, and she neglects neither.

Penelope is not just heroic, beautiful, chaste, and commanding; she is also human and sometimes filled with doubt. She loves her son and is anxious for his safety. It is for his sake, in fact, that she even thinks of remarrying. She is also doubtful, especially about Odysseus' return. Even after he reveals himself to her, Penelope wants proof, which he provides in knowing about the olive tree bed.

In characterizing Penelope, Homer gives up his normal device of describing characters through their setting. As with Achilles, Homer penetrates her mind. The mystery of her girl-like laughs, her impulsive appearances before the suitors, her beautifying sleep, and her wish to die speak of her complete inwardness, which is seen even through the last scene. In this respect, she offers a striking contrast to Odysseus, whose responses are conveyed through his setting and through what he sees around him. Homer also paints Penelope at a higher level than most of his female characters, who are described as shallow and unfaithful.

------------------

There are many similarities between her and Liz but at the same time many differences. But I Will agree whole heartedly with one thing: Elizabeth is Jack's equal in wit and trickery etc. very much as Penelope is Odysseus's equal in the odyssey

also the whole Son/will thing lol..the whole marriage being held off thing, again look at the quote in my sig lol

Jack is Liz's true love..and I'm not gonna give up on that lol

IMO the only reason she wants to marry will is to SAVE him.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 10th, 2006 at 01:50 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 01:42 PM
shannstar79
Jack's Girl

I am not giving up either!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 01:44 PM
shannstar79 is currently offline Click here to Send shannstar79 a Private Message Find more posts by shannstar79 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

KEEP THE FAITH!! I will promise it will pay off wink

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 07:17 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Keeping IT!!! Especially 2day when i feel like i cant take it anymore!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 07:34 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

therapy thread lool

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 08:04 PM