KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What's with games going to different consoles while their tags say "Only on"?

What's with games going to different consoles while their tags say "Only on"?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I heard about DR in Vegas, seems a bit of a strange place to set it though.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 11:51 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
What a stupid question.

Come on, think once in a while before making threads...
I agree with both of these points whole-heartedly.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 12:25 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I don't care if do think my question's are stupid. I don't really have a friggin problem about games being moved to other consoles. I just keep wondering why they moved when they were only for the 360. Sheesh!

Also I think having a Dead Rising 2 set in Vegas really ain't that bad of an idea. The zombies-in-mall routine is startin to get old really fast.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 01:59 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

"I just keep wondering why they moved when they were only for the 360."

Because the developers decided to later port them to another system. It's really just as simple as that. It is not rocket science.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 02:07 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Yeah, it's for the effort to make more money. Dur.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 02:13 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

For the most part, if a game isnt made by Nintendo or by SCEA, there is a good chance it will be ported eventually. You just miss out on too much money being exclusive. I didnt say Microsoft because they usually buy people to make their games, and lately they have all been leaving, so who knows.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 02:23 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

360 losing some of their exclusives eh?

Yesterday, Lost Planet, Enchanted Arms

Today, Bioshock, Last Remnant, Eternal Sonata, Overlord, Saints Row, Vampire Rain, Dead Rising?

Tomorrow...Gears? Mass Effect? Left 4 Dead? Star Ocean?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 03:03 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by xNIXSONx

Today, Bioshock, Last Remnant, Eternal Sonata, Overlord, Saints Row, Vampire Rain, Dead Rising?

Last Remnant was never exclusive.

And there is a large difference between 'losing' an exclusive so that it is launched on multiple systems at once, and a game being exclusive for a long time before being ported to another system.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 03:08 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by xNIXSONx

Except for Gears, I could see the others jumping. Mass Effect 2 will be EA, they wont pass up extra money, but they might do a timed exclusive. If Left 4 Dead jumps, it will probably at EA's request, after which it will be given to inferior developers to port it to PS3, hopefully better than Orange Box, which I heard had problems.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 03:08 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Mass Effect isn't exclusive, and Bioshock never was. Mass Effect later released for PC, and Bioshock had a PC version from the start.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 03:11 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Mass Effect isn't exclusive, and Bioshock never was. Mass Effect later released for PC, and Bioshock had a PC version from the start.

According to those "Only On 360" that would imply that they are exclusive. So technically speaking, that would mean you are wrong

and from what you're saying, that the 360 with a PC counterpart game, either with a simultaneous release or one shortly after, such as Mass Effect and half of Microsoft's "exclusive" games, are infact not true exclusives? is that what you are saying?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 03:23 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Haven't you used PC releases to claim games were not exclusive before? Pick a thread of logic and stick with it, instead of choosing whatever happens to be opposite me.

You'll be a lot more credible that way, you know.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 03:43 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Haven't you used PC releases to claim games were not exclusive before? Pick a thread of logic and stick with it, instead of choosing whatever happens to be opposite me.

You'll be a lot more credible that way, you know.

yes i expressed my perspective on PC/360 releases, and i percieve them as not true exclusives and that PCs are not consoles like wii/360/ps3

i was just seeing if you agreed with me or not, other people may consider PC/360 releases exclusive, while others do not

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 03:49 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Yeah PC is not a console.

They better put Gears on the PS3 and I hope they put some of the levels from the PC version into it. I do have a 360 but I keep wondering if the PS3 version will have better graphics.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 05:01 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I dont think Gears will ever move from 360/PC, Microsoft, unlike Sony has no problem paying for exclusives. With future Halo games up in the air, they are gonna lock down the Gears franchise.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 05:07 AM
Peach
mordrem

And if we want to get technical about it...the majority of PC games are for Windows. Windows is owned by - who else? Microsoft. Hence games on both 360 and PC are technically still Microsoft exclusive.

And at any rate, PC generally is not included in considering if something is exclusive or not.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 05:09 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by <-@ST->
they are gonna lock down the Gears franchise.

Words coming from a Gears hater.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 05:27 AM
NemeBro

Which reminds me, why the hell is MGS4 a PS3 exclusive? That's bullshit.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 05:29 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Kojima just loves to piss 360 gamers off and he's mostly on the Sony side and they're at war with Microsoft.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 05:36 AM
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Yeah PC is not a console.

They better put Gears on the PS3 and I hope they put some of the levels from the PC version into it. I do have a 360 but I keep wondering if the PS3 version will have better graphics.

no developer will ever take advantage of PS3 hardware for any multiplatform game. IGN thought Bioshock had better graphics for the PS3 version, but the developers stated its the same, they aimed to make it the same, and the extra content is DLC. So they didnt even take advantage of the extra storage space either...

and Dark-Jaxx: Kojima stated that the critical success of Metal Gear was related to the Sony Playstation name, so he felt that it was only necessary to keep it exclusive, although yes he wouldve made more money multiplatform

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 03:05 PM