KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What's with games going to different consoles while their tags say "Only on"?

What's with games going to different consoles while their tags say "Only on"?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
You're calling me stupid? You have difficulty choosing between a man and a woman.

Very good way to get on the bad side of both mods here. I suggest you stop now.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 11:10 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Peach
DJ, don't bait him, okay?
Okay...

But only cause you asked nicely.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 11:21 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilTyrant

Anyone remember the early screenshots ppl found of Bioshock also being on PS3? Well it might of been true, a developer had an interview about the Microsoft timed exclusive deal they had. He said that they wasn't allowed to mention anything about a PS3 version. So it was kept secret. So once that timed exclusive contract expired they were able to bring it too PS3. BTW, if you think MGS4 is the only great game on PS3 then your blind, I could say the same thing about Gears of War.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 10:19 AM
EvilTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send EvilTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by EvilTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Yeah i don't like GoW but i know that the only good exclusive game for the PS3 is MGS4, compered to the Xbox that actually has more then one good game on it.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 11:16 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Yeah i don't like GoW but i know that the only good exclusive game for the PS3 is MGS4, compered to the Xbox that actually has more then one good game on it.

PS3 has more than one good game. What does the 360 have? Mass Effect is also on PC, so is Gears, half its games are also on PC, when you strip all those games out, the only things that are left is Viva Pinta, Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero and Ninja Gaiden? Infinite Undiscovery also had average reviews, same with Too Human, just cuz there's "more" doesn't mean theyre all great, none of them can touch MGS4, and MGS is not overhyped either, cuz i went into playing that game with no hype and no knowledge of how good the series was prior to mgs4

after Gears 2, 360 is sorta fcked, they leveraged all of their big assets in 2007-08. They got nothing left, blew their load in the supposed "greatest holiday lineup in entertainment history"

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 01:05 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Neo, MGS4 is an awesome game but it's not the only greatest thing on the PS3. When Bioshock and Gears of War come to the PS3, play them and try to tell me again that MGS4 is the only greatest.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 01:31 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by xNIXSONx
PS3 has more than one good game. What does the 360 have? Mass Effect is also on PC, so is Gears, half its games are also on PC, when you strip all those games out, the only things that are left is Viva Pinta, Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero and Ninja Gaiden? Infinite Undiscovery also had average reviews, same with Too Human, just cuz there's "more" doesn't mean theyre all great, none of them can touch MGS4, and MGS is not overhyped either, cuz i went into playing that game with no hype and no knowledge of how good the series was prior to mgs4

after Gears 2, 360 is sorta fcked, they leveraged all of their big assets in 2007-08. They got nothing left, blew their load in the supposed "greatest holiday lineup in entertainment history"

Make up your mind if PC counts or not, will you?

And you know so well what Microsoft's got planned after this year, yeah? No chance that they've managed to keep things secret, of course, someone on the internet says they have nothing left.

Neo, MGS4 is an awesome game but it's not the only greatest thing on the PS3. When Bioshock and Gears of War come to the PS3, play them and try to tell me again that MGS4 is the only greatest.

He said 'exclusive'. Those don't count.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 01:34 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Peach
He said 'exclusive'. Those don't count.

Okay then. Neo, when Resistance 2 comes out, try to tell me again that MGS4 is the only greatest thing on PS3.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 01:40 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Umm okay, it's not out yet so that doesn't count either, MGS4 is, hence the only good game on PS3, all the others are multi platform or came out on the 360 first.

Which means the PS3 has to take games from another console to make it's self profitable.

I also would not use Resistance as a posative for the console, little big planet yes, resistance no.

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Sep 2nd, 2008 at 01:48 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 01:44 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by xNIXSONx

Fable 2.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 01:48 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Outbound
Fable 2.

God, I can't wait for Fable.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 02:07 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by Bardock42
God, I can't wait for Fable.

I thought you were getting a PS3?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 02:19 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I thought you were getting a PS3?

Yeah, I did. But Sarah has an X-Box, and I damn well play Fable on it or it's over.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 02:24 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Yeah, I did. But Sarah has an X-Box, and I damn well play Fable on it or it's over.

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 02:32 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm probably gonna get a bunch of people yelling "WTF" at me so I'm just going to ask anyways. What's Fable?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 02:36 PM
Peach
mordrem

Okay then. Neo, when Resistance 2 comes out, try to tell me again that MGS4 is the only greatest thing on PS3.

Personally I wouldn't say MGS4 is that great!

And I don't know anyone who's actually played Resistance that has said it was anything more than average. The only big deal about it is that the first was the only semi-decent game when the system launched, and the second is going to have huge multiplayer matches.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 02:37 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I think MGS4 is pretty ****ing awesome. I guess som people mighgt be annoyed with the one hour cutscenes, but the game itself is pretty neat.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 02:39 PM
Hazardous

I'm probably gonna get a bunch of people yelling "WTF" at me so I'm just going to ask anyways. What's Fable?

Xbox game, pretty short, major hype with massive letdown. Fable 2 is basically all the things that were promised but cut from Fable. But with next gen goodness.

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/objects/741/741361.html

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 02:45 PM
Bardock42

Xbox game, pretty short, major hype with massive letdown. Fable 2 is basically all the things that were promised but cut from Fable. But with next gen goodness.

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/objects/741/741361.html

Fable was still pretty sweet.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 02:50 PM
Peach
mordrem

I think MGS4 is pretty ****ing awesome. I guess som people mighgt be annoyed with the one hour cutscenes, but the game itself is pretty neat.

I've never been anything but bored by MGS. Cutscenes don't bother me. Just the game itself I've never liked.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 02:53 PM