KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morridini
Morridini

Well I found a way to play the game without installing the update. I simply press Cancel, and the game continues.

However now, every five minutes, the game stops to tell me about the update, and if I accidentally hit X I am brought out of the game, start the download, have to cancel it, enter game again, and load the game again. Only to get yet another question if I want to download it, and yet again....and again....

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 13th, 2011 10:44 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
Well I found a way to play the game without installing the update. I simply press Cancel, and the game continues.

However now, every five minutes, the game stops to tell me about the update, and if I accidentally hit X I am brought out of the game, start the download, have to cancel it, enter game again, and load the game again. Only to get yet another question if I want to download it, and yet again....and again....

I did the same thing. You might as well download the damn update. It's infuriating, I know, but you have no choice.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 13th, 2011 10:45 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'm officially trophy hunting again.

I'm about to try to earn the notoriously hard "Kamikaze" trophy where you play as Ethan driving down the wrong way of a one way highway.

The premise of the trophy is that you have to pick a "correct path" when you swerve left or right to avoid a head on collision.

Even after all of the FAQ's I've read about this trophy, people still say that it is the hardest game trophy to earn.

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:26 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Impediment
I'm officially trophy hunting again.

I'm about to try to earn the notoriously hard "Kamikaze" trophy where you play as Ethan driving down the wrong way of a one way highway.

The premise of the trophy is that you have to pick a "correct path" when you swerve left or right to avoid a head on collision.

Even after all of the FAQ's I've read about this trophy, people still say that it is the hardest game trophy to earn.

I remember that, I think the outcome if you fail is a crash, wasn't that it?

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:30 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Yep.

Apparently, from what I've researched, the correct path is:

Left, right, left, left, right, right, right, right, left.

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:34 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Not only do you need to not fail any of the events, but at the same time you must somehow figure out the pattern that causes the least damage. So go somewhere online to get the correct pattern, then perform it flawlessly, I think it took me 4-5 times even after I knew the pattern.

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:35 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I tried 5 times so far, so I'm taking a quick break.

It's maddening.

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:53 PM
Bardock42

Maybe I'll try that tomorrow, to feel good about myself when I inevitably do it flawlessly on the first try and also get voted emperor of the universe.

Not that I care about PlayStation achievements.

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 10:00 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'm a total trophy whore. sad

I wish that I wasn't.

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 10:02 PM
Impediment
Endless

I did it.

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 02:57 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by Impediment
I'm a total trophy whore. sad

I wish that I wasn't.

I only am on games I really enjoy, got Platinum on Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2, the rest I don't care much for.

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 09:51 AM
Impediment
Endless

I have platinums for Resident Evil 5 and Dead Space.

I only have one more trophy to earn in Dead Space 2 for a platinum, and I'm currently working for Heavy Rain's.

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 02:22 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Pretty old now, but I hadn't seen this bug before and I find it to be hilarious:

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 06:52 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Speaking of this game, their new one should be out soon and it looks pretty good imo.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 08:49 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Major bump.

I started playing Heavy Rain today after almost 4 years and I'm still impressed how amazing this game is.

I'm playing the DLC "The Taxidermist" before I begin the main game. Man, I forgot how creepy it is when Madison is inside that crazy guy's house. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 06:42 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Well thanks for the spoiler alert, now I know the crazy guy has a house

Sig by Scribble

Old Post May 15th, 2015 06:45 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Fun fact: Heavy Rain was originally planned by the developer to be a 360 exclusive for Kinect but Microsoft refused. The company believed a game with the kind of story it has wouldn't sell.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 07:50 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The reports are that this game is in discussions to be adapted into a movie, but is in Development Hell.

In my honest opinion, this game is so complex and so deep that it CANNOT be adapted into a feature length film. I mean, the entire basis of Heavy Rain is to "choose your own adventure" and make different choices that affect the outcome of the game. You can never play it the same way twice and that's the genius of the game, if you ask me.

Just leave it alone, I say.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 02:57 PM