KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Does anyone have any idea how long this game is? Just out of curiosity.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 10:10 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
I loved Indigo Prophecy (Except the whole Purple Clan thing, that started getting a bit preposterous) and am looking forward to Heavy Rain.

I just like the fact that these games are so strongly based on story rather than action. Which, of course, story is the most important aspect of any game...

Cept..you know....not really.

MW2 is a prime example. One of the most unbelievable stories, ever, in any video game. People play it almost exclusively for the Mutli-player action.

Saw a review/preview of this on Kon. Looks great. Intersted in it...but no time to play it.

Last edited by dadudemon on Feb 16th, 2010 at 04:56 PM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 04:51 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

Originally posted by dadudemon

MW2 is a prime example. One of the most unbelievable stories, ever, in any video game. People play it almost exclusively for the Mutli-player action.

Saw a review/preview of this on Kon. Looks great. Intersted in it...but no time to play it.

Gameplay is more important but that doesn't mean that story isn't extremely important itself...A great story can do wonders for a game. I think that more games should also put more effort into their stories more often... It would certainly enhance the medium and move it forward as a whole

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 05:30 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Story is not the most important aspect of any game.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 06:24 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Impediment

I got the impression that the game is around 8-10 hours. However, I also understand that it's supposed to have really high replayability based on how many different ways the story can go.

Don't quote me on the game length, though.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 10:57 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by dadudemon

Apologies, I meant to put "In my opinion." at the end of that. Personally, I could care less about the graphics, gameplay, and games focusing exclusively on multiplayer sicken me. I can't enjoy a game unless it has an enjoyable plot to it, the more focus is put on the story and plot, odds are, the more I will like the game.

Now, yes there are a few exceptions to this rule, but for the most part, if a game does not have a good story, I am not going to like it.

Originally posted by BackFire
I got the impression that the game is around 8-10 hours. However, I also understand that it's supposed to have really high replayability based on how many different ways the story can go.

Don't quote me on the game length, though.

It took me about 10 hours to beat. Played it tuesday from 4:30 untill around 10 then wednesday from around 10-2:45 (with a few short breaks to eat.)

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Feb 25th, 2010 at 07:24 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 07:21 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Originally posted by Impediment

It took me a little over 10 hours to beat the game.
I'm sure you could stretch it a bit longer or even trim that time down,but I would say it probably won't take any more than 12 hours for most people to complete it their first time through.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 09:45 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

This is one of the best games I have played... Just wow.

Most underestimated game that no one really knows about.

Any person who calls himself a gamer needs to give this one a try. It's a masterpiece. The way they create the mood, the amount of different ways the story can go, the character interaction, the character personalities. Just damn.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 02:58 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

The chiljuns with the weirdass voices =l

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 03:01 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Story is not the most important aspect of any game.

I disagree completley. In RPG's the story is by far the most important aspect.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 03:04 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

I love it how the game is so intense when really, there's no action gameplay wise.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 03:09 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Indeed

A perfect example would be when

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ethan cuts off his finger

Everything is perfect at that scene.

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 02:10 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

This game is a masterpiece when it comes to story. I'll admit that the action isn't as awesome as Quantic Dream's last game, Indigo Prophecy, but when you get into Heavy Rain and its dark mood, you'll be wowed almost a lot.

Norman Jeyden has got to be one of the best videogame characters of 2010. You gotta admire his sense of humor and determination to solve the Origami Killer case. His device called ARI (Added Reality Interface) is quite intriguing. The atmosphere of when he has Triptocaine withdrawl is intense but at the same time disturbing.

There seems to be a lot of glitches in this game. When I played as Madison Paige, her face was gone and all I saw were her eyes and teeth. Next thing I know, her head morphs into a giant blur that gives me one heck of an eye sore.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 11:27 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I was disappointed with Jeyden's ending if you give up/accuse Blake, as it shows him starting to hallucinate tanks even though he did not have the ARI on. Perhaps it is simply a withdrawal effect as he tries to stop using the ARI, or perhaps he finally lost it...

And yeah, the action wasn't that intense but the mood certainly was.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 11:53 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Nemesis X
This game is a masterpiece when it comes to story.

Yes, while I like the story [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The massive plothole involving Ethan's blackouts, and connection to the Origami Killer irks me.

quote:
Norman Jeyden has got to be one of the best videogame characters of 2010. You gotta admire his sense of humor and determination to solve the Origami Killer case. His device called ARI (Added Reality Interface) is quite intriguing.

He also looks like Keanu Reeves, which is pretty kewl. Personally, I liked Shelby more then Jayden (Beating up Stone Cold Steve Austin is lulzy), but, then again, I liked all the characters in Heavy Rain.

Except Jason. **** Jason.

quote:
The atmosphere of when he has Triptocaine withdrawl is intense but at the same time disturbing.

And lulzy.

quote:
There seems to be a lot of glitches in this game. When I played as Madison Paige, her face was gone and all I saw were her eyes and teeth. Next thing I know, her head morphs into a giant blur that gives me one heck of an eye sore.

I never encountered any glitches except the day I got it (Feb. 23 ) when it froze once.

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 11:57 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote:
Yes, while I like the story [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The massive plothole involving Ethan's blackouts, and connection to the Origami Killer irks me.

We'll probably get an explanation once the DLC episodes for Heavy Rain are out. They said each episode will explain the confusion amongst the cast.

quote:
He also looks like Keanu Reeves, which is pretty kewl. Personally, I liked Shelby more then Jayden (Beating up Stone Cold Steve Austin is lulzy), but, then again, I liked all the characters in Heavy Rain.

Except Jason. **** Jason.

He does look like Keanu Reeves alright. Makes me think think he should play Jeyden if Hollywood ever wants to make a Heavy Rain movie.

I dislike Jason too. Stupid kid.

quote:
And lulzy.

How you find that funny, I have no idea.

quote:
I never encountered any glitches except the day I got it (Feb. 23 ) when it froze once. [/B]

I encountered the freezing too. Good thing it's only rare.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 12:45 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Nemesis X
He does look like Keanu Reeves alright. Makes me think think he should play Jeyden if Hollywood ever wants to make a Heavy Rain movie.

Hollywood is interested in making a Heavy Rain movie.

quote:
How you find that funny, I have no idea.

He continuosly smashed his head against a mirror. I found it humorous.

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 12:52 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by ares834
I disagree completley. In RPG's the story is by far the most important aspect.

Well, I was talking about games in general. It's mostly subjective, but I personally find gameplay to be the most important aspect. Even if I find the storyline to be intriguing, I just can't bring myself to drudge through if the gameplay sucks ass. However, I will still usually play and even enjoy a game to some extent if I find gameplay to be to my liking, regardless of the story.

Though in the end, the majority of games that I remember and cherish are those that had both great gameplay and stories. For example, I enjoyed the gameplay of Resident Evil 5 or DMC4, but I forgot about these games the moment I was finished with them; they had very little impact on me.

Looking back, what I said in my previous post sounded too factual. I apologize for that.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 02:40 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Never before have I had to put down the controller and think about what to do simply because of the emotional impact of the decision, kudos Heavy Rain!

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 08:04 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Saskaswan
DON'T PANIC

I completed the game a few days ago and it's really one of the best storylines ever in a game. I'm just trying to get a Platinum now.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 04:34 PM
Saskaswan is currently offline Click here to Send Saskaswan a Private Message Find more posts by Saskaswan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote