KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Started by: Gooogle Bot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (54): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Not long now.

Considering it's not out until November...yeah, still quite a wait, actually.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 12th, 2009 02:34 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

1 day after my birthday eek!

Old Post May 12th, 2009 02:39 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by Peach
Considering it's not out until November...yeah, still quite a wait, actually.

I pity you if you consider a few months time a long wait.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post May 12th, 2009 02:47 AM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

It's half a year. I didn't say it's a long wait, but it's not exactly a short one, either.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 12th, 2009 02:51 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

I wonder if they will have anything like the sniper mission on the last game

Old Post May 12th, 2009 02:54 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by Peach
It's half a year. I didn't say it's a long wait, but it's not exactly a short one, either.

Fair enough.

Originally posted by SpadeKing
I wonder if they will have anything like the sniper mission on the last game

I hope so, that was quite fun, the end part of that mission I found to be very hard on Veteran.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post May 12th, 2009 02:56 AM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

Originally posted by General G
Fair enough.

I hope so, that was quite fun, the end part of that mission I found to be very hard on Veteran.

I took the coward's way out by hiding behind the bumper cars and throwing back every grenade and laying down waiting for enemies around the corner, picking up the captain after that was near impossible

Old Post May 12th, 2009 03:54 AM
+10STR
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hopefully theres some multiplayer snow maps, they could add heat vision goggles as a perk. Also, how about EMP grenades to spice things up, they could switch off your HUD map and prevent you from calling in airstrike/helicopter for a minute or so.

Old Post May 12th, 2009 09:11 AM
+10STR is currently offline Click here to Send +10STR a Private Message Find more posts by +10STR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by +10STR
Hopefully theres some multiplayer snow maps, they could add heat vision goggles as a perk. Also, how about EMP grenades to spice things up, they could switch off your HUD map and prevent you from calling in airstrike/helicopter for a minute or so.

And, of course, you'd get the option of using 1 of your perks as emp shielding...I like this idea...probably wont be implemented but hey

I also said ages ago that thermal goggles that see through walls would be ace in conjunction with the deep impact perk.

I didn't like the implementation of vehicles in WaW though so I hope they don't bring that into play.

I also hope they make the maps maybe slightly bigger than modern warfare but smaller than WaW.

I'd also like the sniper rifles to have a bigger difference in power because the 50cal was just as useless at bringing down heli's as the less powerful rifles and given that the 50cal is supposed to be, in real life, at anti-material rifle then you think it'd be better to make it so in the game. I'd also like for them to implement it so if you directly shoot the pilot of the heli then you can take it down.

AND GET RID OF ****ING JUGGERNAUT...hahaha.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 12th, 2009 10:37 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

I don't find juggernaut to be that annoying, what they really should get rid of is Martyrdom and patch the invulnerability during the animation where you fall in to Last Stand, which in itself it totally worthless.

Martyrdom doesn't work anymore since people are now used to staying clear of an recently gunned down enemy, the only way to kill with it is through dumb luck, heck I think it's even starting to get people more teamkills than kills.

Old Post May 13th, 2009 01:55 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

juggernaut is an incredibly tame perk compared to some others martydom being an example. i personally despise stopping power especially when someone is using it with an m16. the m16 is one-hit kill with SP on.

Old Post May 13th, 2009 04:38 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I've never seen the problem with Martyrdom, it's an excellent perk. It only hurts people who rush off without looking at where they go.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 13th, 2009 04:44 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Play hardcore and you'll see what I mean and tbh, martyrdom doesn't make much sense since even if you've run out of nades you still drop one when you die and it's definitely the "noobiest" way to kill someone seing as you have to die to kill someone with it and doesn't require any kind of skill on the user's part.
Originally posted by WO Polaski
juggernaut is an incredibly tame perk compared to some others martydom being an example. i personally despise stopping power especially when someone is using it with an m16. the m16 is one-hit kill with SP on.

*Facepalm* I completely forgot about the massively overpowered M16, not much to say about it, I just want it get nerfed to shit so that people actually use other guns. I mean, they should at least make it less accurate or cut its firepower in half.

Old Post May 13th, 2009 01:58 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by Morridini
I've never seen the problem with Martyrdom, it's an excellent perk. It only hurts people who rush off without looking at where they go.

My problem with it is not noobs doing it. I dont get killed by enemies with it too much. My problem is I only play HC with FF and marty on that is terrible. Especially objective games, makes it hard to take a flag when the guy next you is dropping nades on you.

Old Post May 13th, 2009 05:40 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Toshiru
I has a titlez

Old Post May 13th, 2009 09:20 PM
Toshiru is currently offline Click here to Send Toshiru a Private Message Find more posts by Toshiru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

F matrydom, I want an actual suicidal bomber where i can come up on a crowd of people and blow up

Old Post May 13th, 2009 09:53 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

1st lot no longer work...last 2 are interesting...looks like part of it takes place in the favellas of Rio

As for the perks...Martyrdom can be useful on sabotage and get you a fair amount of kills if you carry the bomb a lot.

Granted, juggernaut isn't so much an issue in hardcore though.

Now, eavsdrop...what an utterly pointless perk that is given that most people seem to speak in parties rather than on the main game so you cant hear the enemy anyway...not to mention who the hell even talks about tactics anyway?

Last edited by jaden101 on May 13th, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2009 10:07 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh...and anyone who still uses the word "noob" in 2009 is obviously a total ****ing retard.

Old Post May 13th, 2009 10:21 PM
Toshiru
I has a titlez

If you're gonna say Juggernaut is cheap then you might as well claim Stopping Power cheap too. These 2 perks are meant to balance each other out (and they do). Martyrdom isn't cheap either, just don't walk up to a person that just pooped out a grenade. Seriously, you have 3.5 seconds (official stats) to either get away. M16 is strong gun no doubt but try using it in close range, it sucks. xD

@Jaden101: Do the images work now? I perfectly agree with you on the EV perk though, it's ****ing worthless. Oh and for your last post, GTFO, hahaha. (kidding man)

Okay, enough of my faggy ranting. =P

Old Post May 13th, 2009 10:44 PM
Toshiru is currently offline Click here to Send Toshiru a Private Message Find more posts by Toshiru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

They're just saying "sorry removed by request" to me anyway. Don't know if it's the same for you.

The last 2 from the different website work ok though.

other perks i've personally never had much use for would be bomb squad, bandolier, c4, sleight of hand, double tap, sonic boom and steady aim.

Although i can see that some might be useful in search and destroy but i rarely play that.

For me, it all depends on the game. On hardcore i'll almost always equip UAV jammer. On sabotage i'll always equip extreme conditioning and smoke grenades...

On the rare occasion that I do play hardcore S+D then i'll use a G3 with acog scope, UAV jammer, claymores.

Old Post May 13th, 2009 10:59 PM