KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Started by: Gooogle Bot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (54): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

steady aim is good for sprayer weapons like the SMG's.

when I play TDM my usual "assault" loadout is MP5 with andolier steady aim and juggernaut. its a fun little combo because the mp5 weighs nothing so i can move really quickly and when i see someone i can weave back and fourth and jump and shit to throw off the aim assist, and steady aim keeps my accuracy up even though im firing from the hip. i miss a bunch which is why i have bandolier but the high clip size+ juggernaut which keeps me alive means i usually outlast my opponent unless theyre using an m16 or stopping power.

Old Post May 14th, 2009 12:03 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you're basically admitting that you have no skill whatsoever at the game.

Nice.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 14th, 2009 12:18 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gooogle Bot
And anyone who complains about Martyrdom is the obvious noob.

Wow, what a compelling argument, would you mind actually explaining how it's not a completely worthless and stupid perk?

I'll keep in mind that it MAY have been a while since you've played, but now I find that hardly anyone kills with anyone with it (apart from friendlies during certain gametypes) anymore. Which just makes it pretty worthless, people should use more useful perks, like deep impact, steady aim, extreme conditioning or dead silence.

Old Post May 14th, 2009 01:53 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Toshiru
I has a titlez

Originally posted by Raijin
Wow, what a compelling argument, would you mind actually explaining how it's not a completely worthless and stupid perk?

I'll keep in mind that it MAY have been a while since you've played, but now I find that hardly anyone kills with anyone with it (apart from friendlies during certain gametypes) anymore. Which just makes it pretty worthless, people should use more useful perks, like deep impact, steady aim, extreme conditioning or dead silence.

I swear someone in the last thread was complaining about Martyrdom. Eh, I guess I'm used to people whining about the perk then actually calling it useless. Though to some extent, it's kinda useless 6v6 shipment match but other than that I agree with that.

Sorry, for my miss understanding, that must of made me look like a jerk, lulz.

Old Post May 14th, 2009 02:58 AM
Toshiru is currently offline Click here to Send Toshiru a Private Message Find more posts by Toshiru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by jaden101
So you're basically admitting that you have no skill whatsoever at the game.

Nice.

im better then you im sure. no perk you use will change that.

Old Post May 14th, 2009 03:30 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Play hardcore and you'll see what I mean and tbh, martyrdom doesn't make much sense since even if you've run out of nades you still drop one when you die and it's definitely the "noobiest" way to kill someone seing as you have to die to kill someone with it and doesn't require any kind of skill on the user's part.

Originally posted by forumcrew
My problem with it is not noobs doing it. I dont get killed by enemies with it too much. My problem is I only play HC with FF and marty on that is terrible. Especially objective games, makes it hard to take a flag when the guy next you is dropping nades on you.

I do play Hardcore a lot, only problem is that I don't find the game modes available in Hardcore mode any fun (Hardcore Sabotage and Headquarters please), yet it's still not a problem. And the extra gredane is easy to explain, just say it is fastened to your belt or something and when you die you simply rip it loose.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 14th, 2009 04:01 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by WO Polaski
im better then you im sure. no perk you use will change that.

The deflection argument doesn't work on people with more than half a brain. We're not talking about me. We're talking about you.

We'll go back to the bit where you admit you have no skill.

quote:
i miss a bunch

Yeah...That's it right there.

Old Post May 14th, 2009 09:02 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
+10STR
Restricted

Account Restricted

other perks i've personally never had much use for would be bomb squad, bandolier, c4, sleight of hand, double tap, sonic boom and steady aim.

Some of those are pretty handy, but depends what weapons you use. Sleight of hand is awesome for heavy machine guns since they are a ***** to reload. Bandolier is good for sniper rifles. Never used the rest though.

Old Post May 14th, 2009 10:09 AM
+10STR is currently offline Click here to Send +10STR a Private Message Find more posts by +10STR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by +10STR
Some of those are pretty handy, but depends what weapons you use. Sleight of hand is awesome for heavy machine guns since they are a ***** to reload. Bandolier is good for sniper rifles. Never used the rest though.

I tend to avoid the LMG's to be honest except to get the achievements...I can see why sleight of hand would be good for them though.

Old Post May 14th, 2009 12:42 PM
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Bomb squad and C4 are great for Search and Destroy and Sleight of hand and Double tap (for AK47) are insanely useful in HC Headquarters. Bandolier is only useful if you know you're good enough to survive long enough for your ammo to run out without it. Hope that made sense.
Originally posted by Morridini
I do play Hardcore a lot, only problem is that I don't find the game modes available in Hardcore mode any fun (Hardcore Sabotage and Headquarters please), yet it's still not a problem. And the extra gredane is easy to explain, just say it is fastened to your belt or something and when you die you simply rip it loose.

Well, they've added HC Headquarters (or "Hardquesters") on the 360 (dunno about the other versions of the game), and I love it tbh, you can rack up some really big scores and a crapload of kills. But what I don't understand is why the hell you have to play it on Shipment like 50% of the times, it's like a spawnkiller's paradise, the only way that map would work would be if they restricted explosives and airsupport on it.

Last edited by Raijin on May 14th, 2009 at 02:50 PM

Old Post May 14th, 2009 02:44 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

The deflection argument doesn't work on people with more than half a brain. We're not talking about me. We're talking about you.

We'll go back to the bit where you admit you have no skill.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

alright. lets.

Why do you feel that my tactics point me to me not having any skill?

Old Post May 14th, 2009 06:39 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Well, they've added HC Headquarters (or "Hardquesters") on the 360 (dunno about the other versions of the game), and I love it tbh, you can rack up some really big scores and a crapload of kills. But what I don't understand is why the hell you have to play it on Shipment like 50% of the times, it's like a spawnkiller's paradise, the only way that map would work would be if they restricted explosives and airsupport on it.

Ooooooooooh!

I gotta get Gold again then, after exams though.... Any other updates to the game?

And yes I too hate Shipment, but is perhaps the rarest map I've gotten in HQ, nevertheless I automaticly leave the server if that map pops up.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 14th, 2009 06:48 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

roll eyes (sarcastic)

alright. lets.

Why do you feel that my tactics point me to me not having any skill?

Because it's "spray and pray"...Quite simple really.

No actual aiming ability...Just shoot like **** in the general direction and hope someone on the other team dies.

Old Post May 14th, 2009 07:06 PM
sketch_turner
"Well done Turner"!

No actual aiming ability...Just shoot like **** in the general direction and hope someone on the other team dies.

Reminds me of my brother telling I suck because i only use machine guns and fire as many rounds as i can. That was my first time playing no expression

(He recommends shotguns alot)

Sketch thanks Messahi for the sig.

Old Post May 14th, 2009 09:59 PM
sketch_turner is currently offline Click here to Send sketch_turner a Private Message Find more posts by sketch_turner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shotguns are good on a few maps...Vacant, Killhouse, Shipment...anything in tight enclosed spaces really...pretty much useless on overgrown and creek.

Old Post May 14th, 2009 10:18 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

not true at all. i never said that i dont aim and i never said that i aim erratically, so why assume that?

Old Post May 14th, 2009 11:31 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

not true at all. i never said that i dont aim and i never said that i aim erratically, so why assume that?

Might have something to do with the bit I already quoted....twice.

Might also have to do with this bit.

quote:
when i see someone i can weave back and fourth and jump and shit

Old Post May 14th, 2009 11:44 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

and... how does that translate into not aiming and hoping to hit something?

there are those of us who played shooters constantly on the PC, and thus don't rely on the console's little boy aim assist. i can aim a gun and move at the same time. is that.. unusual to you? are you one of those people who just lie on the ground and hope people walk by? im genuinly curious at this point.

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on May 15th, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Old Post May 15th, 2009 12:51 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

and... how does that translate into not aiming and hoping to hit something?

there are those of us who played shooters constantly on the PC, and thus don't rely on the console's little boy aim assist. i can aim a gun and move at the same time. is that.. unusual to you? are you one of those people who just lie on the ground and hope people walk by? im genuinly curious at this point.

What does your playing shooters on the PC have anything to do with what we're talking about? Again an attempt at deflection from the fact that you admit you shoot from the hip while jumping around and missing a lot.

That's not aiming...It's hoping.

I'm not saying your method is completely useless. It works on maps like vacant and more so if you're using a shotgun. Still doesn't mean that it involves any skill though because chances are that if the person is somewhere on the screen within 20 feet of you then you're going to kill them.

And no. I don't camp because it tends not to work on most maps. There are maps where it does work though. Crash and Overgrown are 2 good sniping maps and sniping kind of relies on staying in 1 spot for a while.

A good tactic for sniping is to get 2 kills from 1 spot....move to another overlooking your 1st spot....invariably 1 of the people you killed will think you are still there and try and sneak up on you...when they get to where you were....bang.

Old Post May 15th, 2009 10:25 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

What does your playing shooters on the PC have anything to do with what we're talking about? Again an attempt at deflection from the fact that you admit you shoot from the hip while jumping around and missing a lot.

That's not aiming...It's hoping.

so you don't have any actual reasoning for why it doesn't involve any skill. You're just making broad statements. And I'm the one deflecting? Feel free to explain why what I do doesn't involve aiming. You've failed twice so far with your little strawman.

quote:
I'm not saying your method is completely useless. It works on maps like vacant and more so if you're using a shotgun. Still doesn't mean that it involves any skill though because chances are that if the person is somewhere on the screen within 20 feet of you then you're going to kill them.

This has nothing to do with what I've said.

quote:
And no. I don't camp because it tends not to work on most maps. There are maps where it does work though. Crash and Overgrown are 2 good sniping maps and sniping kind of relies on staying in 1 spot for a while.

A good tactic for sniping is to get 2 kills from 1 spot....move to another overlooking your 1st spot....invariably 1 of the people you killed will think you are still there and try and sneak up on you...when they get to where you were....bang.

Interesting dynamic. What type of rifle do you use?

Old Post May 16th, 2009 01:21 AM