KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Order vs. Anakin

The Order vs. Anakin
Started by: Luminatus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

quote:
Anakin's premonition wasn't based on anything tangible, it was his belief. His attempt to save Padme's life had less to do with her safety and more to do with his selfish reason.

No...it has to do with her safety. His belief is in turn based on the fact the one other time he had such a dream, it was absolutely right. He wanted to keep what happened to his mother from happening to his wife. That's just obvious.

And I just wanted to post this as it's kinda...well not really relevant but funny IMO.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 07:57 AM
Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
No...it has to do with her safety. His belief is in turn based on the fact the one other time he had such a dream, it was absolutely right. He wanted to keep what happened to his mother from happening to his wife. That's just obvious.
Doesn't change the fact though that guy was a complete moron. His novelized self was so much more convincing.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 11:13 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

And I just wanted to post this as it's kinda...well not really relevant but funny IMO.

He said it himself. He can't live without her. And please, he's basing everyone on 1 dream that was accurate. That's hardly conclusive that his dreams are premonitions. Meanwhile, the Sandman just wanted to keep his girl alive.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 12:07 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
the jedi are just monks, not police or government officials.

Beg your pardon, but no. Jedi are not "just monks," they are keepers of the peace.

Palpatine started a war that devastated the Republic and led to countless deaths, to say nothing of the fact that he was a traitor as he'd broken his oath of office. Mace was well within his rights.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 03:21 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Luminatus
Sure they are. There is no law against being a Sith. So killing one is just like killing anyone else.

Actually there is. In PoD, it is stated that the Sith are an illegal organisation that was outlawed some 4000 years ago (3000 years in PoD, 4000 by the time of the PT).

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 03:25 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Doesn't change the fact though that guy was a complete moron. His novelized self was so much more convincing.

It's the same damn thing. Exact same motivation and everything.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, it's not.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yes, it is.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Actually there is. In PoD, it is stated that the Sith are an illegal organisation that was outlawed some 4000 years ago (3000 years in PoD, 4000 by the time of the PT).
wow that's against our rights to freedom of religion.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

His whinyness is downplayed. He seemed so much more badass in the novel, and so much more legitimately duped by Palaptine. It's hard to stay pissed a character that's well written.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 01:16 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

[torment] DS is wrong, as usual.

Pryon wins.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 02:40 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eminence
[torment] DS is wrong, as usual.

Pryon wins.

Faunus trolling ftw.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 03:22 PM
Eminence
Boss

You would know.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 04:33 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

You would know.

Yea, I know it well thanks to you. You just use the term as a rebuttal when your low self esteem becomes transparent and your self defense mechanism kicks in.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 04:45 PM
Eminence
Boss

You must have me confused with... you.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 05:06 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

You must have me confused with... you.

There goes that self defense mechanism I was talking about. Next time please try to be a little less predictable.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 05:07 PM
Eminence
Boss

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 05:10 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Oh man... they're all blinking at once. That is so trippy.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 09:39 PM
Darth Martin

Re: The Order vs. Anakin

Originally posted by Luminatus
Was it the stupidly rigid Jedi Order?
Why would the Order be at fault? Seriously, Anakin was a immature and pshycotic nutjob. No one put a gun to his head. His weakness was his innability to think straight.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 02:22 AM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Ok, i may be a bit to fairly wrong in this cuz i havnt read it in a while, but i do know a few things: Palpatine was part of the Rule of Two, which means he had Banes teachings. This is from the Bane Rule of Two: There are some who posses the ability to shoot lightning from their fingers, that can move mountains with mere thoughts, then there are those who are skilled in the arts of persuasion, that can affect millions of worlds with just a few words, and then there are those who posses a natural affinity for the dark side itself, those are the ones who can unleash dark magics and hidden sorceries on their foes." i think Sidious was one of the persuaders, though all after Bane knew how to cast lightning, Palpatine DID affect millions of world with just a few words. I think a guy like that could easily get out of being convicted for high treason. Dont forget that he was the Supreme Chancellor, AND the most respected man in the galaxy. He was supposed to be the savior of the Republic, i dont htink he would be convicted. He would get off and then the jedi would be attacked by the entire Grand Army of the Republic for attacking him, not just Anakin and the 501st legion. Palpatine was WAY to dangerous to be left alive, as he killed thousands of people, and started a full scale rebellion just to get a few people out of the way. He also killed enyone that was force sensitive that he found, or ordered them killed, or turned them into his slaves. There was no room for error, there was no force sensitive that he left alive, or free, and there was no person that wasnt oppressed except people that were high in his favor. Case closed, i think the jedi would remake the Code if he died AFTER his Sith identity had been revealed. Maybe even before.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 02:34 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote