KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Most Dumbest Things that Involed a Videogame

The Most Dumbest Things that Involed a Videogame
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
That's like.....the cruder version of what that Microsoft speaker said at the 08 E3.

Are...you......a Microsoft Employee in disguise?

Don't get me wrong, the PS3 has a decent online system, but the 360's for the time, is just better. However, if rumor turns out to be true (and this I have only heard through word-of-mouth... and not the most reliable source) Sony's online system may improve exponentially... though I have yet to see any evidence that this is truly going to happen.

Nintendo's, however is simply worthless. There is no friends list, except for codes you have type in, and that still gives no way to tell if your friends are online, the matches lag an unacceptable ammount, there really aren't that many games worth playing online... Let's face it, online gaming is not Nintendo's primary concern, they're all about "getting the family together"... and making millions by publishing hordes of gimmicky games (like Beach Fun Summer Challenge, Action Girlz Racing, Wii Music, Carnival Games and Wii fit) occasionally producing games for the hardcore (Metroid Other M, The Next Zelda Game, Super Mario Galaxy, etc.)

What happened to the Wii is what I am terrified will happen to the 360 when Natal comes out. Ugh, I dread looking at the 360 wall in Game Stop and seeing millions of games like "Family Party: 30 Great Games" and "Beach Fun Summer Challenge" with only the occasional Halo, or Assassin's Creed, or Mass Effect.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 03:07 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Taunts had a very important purpose in the Art of Fighting series which I believe were the first games they appeared in. They diminished you're enemies spirits to make their special moves completely pathetic and ineffective. Creative taunting was the only way to beat Mr. Karate in the first game or else he would absolutely wreck you.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 04:18 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
What happened to the Wii is what I am terrified will happen to the 360 when Natal comes out. Ugh, I dread looking at the 360 wall in Game Stop and seeing millions of games like "Family Party: 30 Great Games" and "Beach Fun Summer Challenge" with only the occasional Halo, or Assassin's Creed, or Mass Effect.

You and me both. sick There's just no escaping the family-friendly shit being top priority I guess, no matter the company/console.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 09:23 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

#108 - clipping.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 08:59 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

what do you mean?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 04:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

These jackasses better not go near Mass Effect 2 or I'm gonna be pissed.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 04:33 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
You and me both. sick There's just no escaping the family-friendly shit being top priority I guess, no matter the company/console.
They do what makes money and right now, Wii Fit is the second best selling non-bundled game of all time.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 03:52 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Dumbest thing involving video games.

1. Microsoft not caring about their consumers and pumping out faulty merchandise just because.

2, Ps3 releasing at $500

3. Skimping on co-op for more team deathmatch

4. Microsoft charging everyrone to much goddamn money to do anything.

5. Microphones and children.

6. Achievement points (even though i go for them DAMMIT)

7. No save points or not enough checkpoints.

8.can't read read those word!!!..."oh wait i got an 42inch hd lcd thats better".

9. Where everybody at?...,Microphone dies in the middle of left for dead on expert.

10. Batteries are dead you lose go home and buy a new controller and feed microsoft some more money.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 04:36 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
" After being banned from the PlayStation Network for hateful comments stated in Resistance's online community, Erik Estavillo launched not one, but two, lawsuits against Sony for infringing on his "first amendment rights" -- an argument that was shot down by Judge Ronald Whyte simply because "Sony is not part of the government."

However, what Estavillo lacks in civil online discourse, he makes up for with sheer determination and persistence. In addition to Sony, he now has both Microsoft and Nintendo in his sights. Estavillo is seeking $75,000 from Microsoft for the "undue stress" and "sadness" caused by his Xbox 360's RROD. "Microsoft should have to bear the burden that is now put on the shoulders of this disabled plaintiff," his claim states -- a burden that is equivalent to the sum of 375 Xbox 360 systems, apparently. Nintendo is being sued for interfering with Estavillo's "pursuit of happiness." And how exactly is Nintendo doing that? "Deleting, blocking or prohibiting the Homebrew Channel and Ocarina applications" via a system update.

We're hoping you can see the sheer brilliance of Estavillo's strategy. He's offering the perfect opportunity for PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo fans to agree on something for once. "

He's a Martyr and a Hero

... at least he got the balls to do something that stupid

Originally posted by jaden101
Like a game where you rape religious, minority, immigrant, amuptee, autistic, blind, deaf, vegan, poor, ginger, kids while their white middle class adoptive parents are forced to watch?

I amaze myself sometimes...I really do.

you'll just be making and Expansion Pack for an existing game
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RapeLay

Here's a destructoid's list of dumb things last year
http://www.destructoid.com/2009-a-y...sy-158863.phtml

aside from the ACII review (sad, it's just them trying to get protagonism), they forgot the dumb "racist" discussion about RE5 and L4D2

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 05:47 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Dumbest thing involving video games.

1. Microsoft not caring about their consumers and pumping out faulty merchandise just because.

2, Ps3 releasing at $500

These are both cases of companies ignoring the past. Sony just forgot what happened to the Neo Geo, the Jaguar, and the 3DO but are now correcting their price snafu (but not their PS2 snafu). Microsoft will change its policies once they start paying out billions in class action settlements like Toshiba is.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 06:56 PM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i think the dumbest thing dealing with video games ive seen recently is some guy who made games based on the Columbine Shooting and the Virginia Tech Massacre

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 07:25 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
i think the dumbest thing dealing with video games ive seen recently is some guy who made games based on the Columbine Shooting and the Virginia Tech Massacre

I played this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_rpg wasn't that bad, I just played it because of the controversy around it though, particularly the Braid thing.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 07:35 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Darth Jello
They do what makes money and right now, Wii Fit is the second best selling non-bundled game of all time.

Yeah. I know, sadly.

The gaming industry finally figured out who spends the most money. YOUR MOM

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
5. Microphones and children.

9. Where everybody at?...,Microphone dies in the middle of left for dead on expert.

Couldn't agree more. laughing out loud

Oh yeah. Didn't they also make a game about September 11th awhile back? I forget. Either way, it's despicable.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 07:51 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Oh yeah. Didn't they also make a game about September 11th awhile back? I forget. Either way, it's despicable.

im not sure, but i think there was a game that had something with a bombing or something lese along them lines
i cant remember

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 08:47 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

Re: Re: The Most Dumbest Things that Involed a Videogame

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Also, there were people who literally starved/fatigued to death because of WoW.
ARE YOU SERIOUS? that is ridiculous.

i would say that the stupidest thing that i can think of would be that they made more than one halo game LOL jk couldn't resist.
that one is probably the stupidest one actually, i mean how can you be that in love with a game that you starve yourself?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 03:48 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

PS3 getting bad ports of games that are released on the X360 despite being the more powerful machine. Just look at Bayonetta and Orange Box.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 07:33 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Re: Re: Re: The Most Dumbest Things that Involed a Videogame

Originally posted by menokokoro

i would say that the stupidest thing that i can think of would be that they made more than one halo game LOL jk couldn't resist.
that one is probably the stupidest one actually, i mean how can you be that in love with a game that you starve yourself?

Yea, and not just because of WoW, Everquest 2 was involved as well. There were also IRL killings because of EQ2.

EDIT:
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
PS3 getting bad ports of games that are released on the X360 despite being the more powerful machine. Just look at Bayonetta and Orange Box.

Well, this has happened not to just PS3. And PS3 has a somewhat potentially more powerful CPU, but X360 has a more powerful GPU. It evens out somewhat.

Last edited by ArtificialGlory on Jan 18th, 2010 at 07:56 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 07:54 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by menokokoro

on CSI NY in the Second Life episode, they had like 1 or 2 guys who did just that

Old Post Jan 19th, 2010 01:23 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

on CSI NY in the Second Life episode, they had like 1 or 2 guys who did just that

Yea, but that's CSI. In that show, they can identify the killer by the way he/she farts. Besides, I thought we were talking about IRL.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2010 02:58 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

meh
it was just an example

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 12:00 AM