KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Started by: Mandrag Ganon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Yes it is. Combines the realism of TP with the cel-shading of WW.

I think he was thinking of the highly cartoonish cel-shading of Wind Waker.

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

There is something about this new graphical appearance that I like.

Hmm... looks like they are cutting out the magic bar again... sad

I like the concept art for it...

I'm thinking Ganondorf may be back for this round, with such emphasis on the Master Sword in this game... which could be good or bad...

I kinda get the feeling that he may have the Master Sword from early on this time around also... maybe even the beginning.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Jun 16th, 2010 at 02:36 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 02:22 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

The sword does resemble the Master Sword from what I'm seeing. A lot of the rumors said it would be some new sword that would gain powers as you progressed. Looks to be BS now, but I'm hopeful for a Master Sword power up.

Edit: Actually, with the new focus on the sword, it seems more likely.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 03:04 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I'm enjoying the new art style too.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 03:07 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Indeed, looks pretty cool.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 03:36 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I also like the art style; it reminds me of PoP08 - stylized and cel-shaded, but still realistic.

Other than that, though, I'm going to have to agree with those who say it appears very underwhelming thus far. And Zelda is the only thing the Wii has that holds any interest for me at this point.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 03:37 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by The Scenario
The sword does resemble the Master Sword from what I'm seeing. A lot of the rumors said it would be some new sword that would gain powers as you progressed. Looks to be BS now, but I'm hopeful for a Master Sword power up.

I think actually, since this was mroe a demo the sword may still change, though seeign Ganon again would be amazing, so meh. I still pray for OoT Link.

Originally posted by Peach
I also like the art style; it reminds me of PoP08 - stylized and cel-shaded, but still realistic.

Other than that, though, I'm going to have to agree with those who say it appears very underwhelming thus far. And Zelda is the only thing the Wii has that holds any interest for me at this point.

It looks very far from finished, I'm personally glad we got to say gameplay instead of just some flashy video animation. Nintendo had the balls to go straight to showing us new things in the gameplay itself rather than just some neat CGI video.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 04:05 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I'm not too thrilled about the right handed Link and hope the rumors of having his sprite and controls being fully reversible are true. The art looks a little bright and cartoonish and I prefer the dark and moody look of Twilight Princess.

Story-wise, I hope Ganon ISN'T in it and that it's a prequel showing the origins of the Master Sword (possibly hinted in the poster) and featuring the interlopers that would become the Twili as the villains. Great way for Nintendo to shoehorn Midna or one of her ancestors into the game.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 05:03 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

If Ganondorf is not in, might not buy.

no expression

Srsly.

I don't get the whole "underwhelming" complaint, the teaser was all of forty seconds long, and is far from complete gameplay.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 05:42 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Probably has more to do with the "technical difficulties" they had.

quote:
I think actually, since this was mroe a demo the sword may still change, though seeign Ganon again would be amazing, so meh. I still pray for OoT Link.

I was more referring to the concept art that Mandrag posted, which heavily resembles the MS. Though, I guess it's still just concept art.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 05:54 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

It's a Zelda game... It'll work well and it will be a good game... They always are.

I can't say I've ever played a bad Zelda game (minus the Panasonic CD-I ones)... Even Zelda 2 was enjoyable.

People just bum OoT and will instantly criticise any Zelda game to follow.

Last edited by §P0oONY on Jun 16th, 2010 at 06:04 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 05:59 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

The master sword doesn't have to start fully powered.... See LTTP... or WW....and probably more that I can't think of instantly.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 06:02 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Originally posted by §P0oONY
The master sword doesn't have to start fully powered.... See LTTP... or WW....and probably more that I can't think of instantly.

That's what I'm hopeful for; sorry if it wasn't clear. I would personally love upgradable sword abilities. You're right, of course, it doesn't have to start that strong, as long as it ends up more powerful. I suppose the word I'm looking for is that I'd like the Blade of Evil's Bane to be "flashier." The sword beams are a start.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 06:12 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Maybe they'll give it the Metroid/God of War treatment and take its full powers away at the end of the opening act.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 06:19 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

http://e3.nintendo.com/wii/game/?g=zelda

So, I found this. It's an interview about Skyward Sword that I found pretty interesting. Epecially around the 10 minute mark.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 07:23 AM
Impediment
Endless

As long as this installment is a reboot from the OoT formula, then I am happy.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 10:26 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heythere,Honey

New graphics add a "happy" feel to it IMO. MS is in it, Ganon will probably be in it too. Excited most for the sword beams. smile

Sig by Scythe

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 11:06 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
I think he was thinking of the highly cartoonish cel-shading of Wind Waker.

There is something about this new graphical appearance that I like.

Hmm... looks like they are cutting out the magic bar again... sad

I like the concept art for it...

I'm thinking Ganondorf may be back for this round, with such emphasis on the Master Sword in this game... which could be good or bad...

I kinda get the feeling that he may have the Master Sword from early on this time around also... maybe even the beginning.

Isn't Ganondorf in all the Zelda games?

And the OoT forumla? Isn't that all Zelda games also?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 12:59 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I don't know, man. The last thing I want is another sword that looks like the Master Sword, but isn't.

I mean, the Phantom Sword
and the Lokomo Sword
both strongly resemble the Master Sword, and this one looks pretty dead-on like the Master Sword. If this one doesn't turn out to be the Master Sword, and they don't change it's appearance, then I will be a little upset.

However, that said, it is possible that it could be the "Skyward Sword" hence the title of the game, and if that's the case, then the villain most likely will not be Ganondorf (which would be a refreshing change, since the only console title not to feature Ganon is Majora's Mask... and, though he didn't appear in Zelda II, the quest was to stop his return.)

But, I still think it is the Master Sword... It just looks too much like it not to be.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Jun 16th, 2010 at 01:08 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 01:04 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

An interview with Miyamoto confirmed that the Skyward Sword does eventually become the Master Sword.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 02:27 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Smasandian
Isn't Ganondorf in all the Zelda games?

And the OoT forumla? Isn't that all Zelda games also?

Nope and nope.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 02:40 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote