KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Started by: Mandrag Ganon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Miyamoto also said that this was an "easier to play" Zelda game. That gives me the impression that perhaps the chosen audience was younger. Maybe not, though.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 03:28 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I am beginning to think he was talking about the control scheme, because if you watched the demo at E3, it didn't look a huge amount easier. Precise slashes to kill Deku Babas, same with the giant scorpion, appparently.

I just want to see what they are going to do with the dungeons.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Isn't Ganondorf in all the Zelda games?

No. The name GanonDORF is never even so much as mentioned until A Link to the Past (when the thief next to the desert refers to Ganon as Ganondorf) and the Gerudo form known as Ganondorf doesn't appear until Ocarina of time. Neither Ganon nor Ganondorf are so much as mentioned in Majora's Mask. Not to mention the handheld games in which Ganon makes an appearance in only in the linked version of Oracle of Seasons and Ages. In Link's Awakening, the nightmare takes the form of Ganon, in Minish Cap and Four Swords the villian is Vatti, the villian in Phantom Hourglass is Bellum, and in Spirit Tracks it is Malladus.

Majora's Mask and Adventure of Link, however are the only two console games that Ganon doesn't make an appearance in (however in Adventure of Link, one of the main points of Link's quest is to stop the resurection of Ganon).

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Jun 16th, 2010 at 04:18 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 04:09 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I just know that I get a extreme case of deja vu when I play Zelda games.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 06:28 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Am excited, hope it is Hero of Time.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 07:03 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
From the looks of him, he's his own Link. I like what they did to his pants and gave him chainmail underneath the tunic.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 07:13 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
I am beginning to think he was talking about the control scheme, because if you watched the demo at E3, it didn't look a huge amount easier. Precise slashes to kill Deku Babas, same with the giant scorpion, appparently.

I just want to see what they are going to do with the dungeons.

No. The name GanonDORF is never even so much as mentioned until A Link to the Past (when the thief next to the desert refers to Ganon as Ganondorf) and the Gerudo form known as Ganondorf doesn't appear until Ocarina of time. Neither Ganon nor Ganondorf are so much as mentioned in Majora's Mask. Not to mention the handheld games in which Ganon makes an appearance in only in the linked version of Oracle of Seasons and Ages. In Link's Awakening, the nightmare takes the form of Ganon, in Minish Cap and Four Swords the villian is Vatti, the villian in Phantom Hourglass is Bellum, and in Spirit Tracks it is Malladus.

Majora's Mask and Adventure of Link, however are the only two console games that Ganon doesn't make an appearance in (however in Adventure of Link, one of the main points of Link's quest is to stop the resurection of Ganon).

Just a correction here...

Gannondorf is the full name for Gannon.

It's the same person.

There are some inconsistancies in the stories, but Gannondorf is supposed to be the same character thoughout the ages while Link and Zelda actually change.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 07:15 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Originally posted by ScreamPaste

Also excited, but I'd prefer if it wasn't the HoT. His presence should be reserved for 100% godliness. Swordsmanship looked cool.

Also Mandrag, Ganon was also the boss behind Vaati in Four Swords adventure for GC. Add it to the list. stick out tongue

Last edited by LLLLLink on Jun 16th, 2010 at 07:21 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 07:18 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by dadudemon

It's the same person.

There are some inconsistancies in the stories, but Gannondorf is supposed to be the same character thoughout the ages while Link and Zelda actually change.

*Ganondorf

*Ganon

stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 07:19 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Peach
*Ganondorf

*Ganon

stick out tongue

I'm a subscriber to the old school misspelling of Gannon.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 07:31 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by dadudemon

It's the same person.

If Four Swords Adventures is truly the first chronological Zelda that may not be the case actually...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 07:33 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by NemeBro
If Four Swords Adventures is truly the first chronological Zelda that may not be the case actually...

There are inconsistancies everywhere, man. No way around it.

Ganon has died, literally, two times but still 'comes back'. There's no way you can write around that besides pretending it didn't happen.

Here, people have written about this, quite a bit:

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Ganon_Conflicts

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 07:36 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by NemeBro

The Minish Cap is the chronological first. Before even the whole Triforce was known to the Hylians, just one third, referred to as the Light Force. FSA is also a sequel to Four Swords, so yeah, that makes it very difficult to place FSA as chronological first.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Last edited by General Kaliero on Jun 16th, 2010 at 08:37 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 08:28 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Ugh, timeline issues. Do not want. There are to many inconsistencies on foundational issues for the current timeline theories too be considered plausible.

Last edited by LLLLLink on Jun 16th, 2010 at 09:58 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 09:44 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Psh. Everything makes sense.

You just have to agree with me. wink

But 5L makes a good point; let's leave timeline speculation for when we actually have evidence from the new game to support it.

From interviews, we can guess this is a brand new Link, from a floating land called Skyloft (if I remember). He'll go back and forth between Skyloft and Hyrule through the course of the game.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 09:53 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Why the **** do people even try and work out the timeline? There isn't one that works... Nintendo ****ed up (**** ups that started pretty much from Zelda 2 and LTTP, watch AVGN if you really want to see why). It doesn't matter though, the Zelda series doesn't rely on it's narative. Simply because (like the Mario games) the storylines are really not very imaginative or important.

True Zelda fans appreciate the games as they are, without linkig them to eachother.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 09:56 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Spooony, I literally just said to leave timeline discussion out of this thread.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 09:58 PM
§P0oONY

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Spooony, I literally just said to leave timeline discussion out of this thread.
I was writing my reply while doing other stuff while you were posting.

And my exact point was to say that talking about it is pointless because there isn't one.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 10:02 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Lol, perhaps he's got selective hearing, General?

Back on topic, I'm going to reserve judgement until I play this game, but I can see elements from PH and ST that look like they were integrated into the console formula.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 10:03 PM
§P0oONY

Originally posted by LLLLLink
Lol, perhaps he's got selective hearing, General?

Back on topic, I'm going to reserve judgement until I play this game, but I can see elements from PH and ST that look like they were integrated into the console formula.
Perhaps you have too... Or, like me, you were to slow at posting...

The game will probably be good, it will also probably be bashed by the idiot OoT horde who might aswell not play any other Zelda game.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 10:06 PM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Originally posted by §P0oONY
Perhaps you have too... Or, like me, you were to slow at posting...

Heh, the second one, admittedly.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 10:08 PM