KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Resident Evil was at its weakest when it was a survival-horror game. If you'll notice, it's only once the series started progressing toward action-adventure (In RE:4) that it started selling really well and getting great reviews.

IIRC the first two RE games got very strong reviews; I actually remember (though I don't know how) reading a glowing recommendation for RE2 around the time it came out.

I'm not going to argue that RE4 isn't a fantastic game; it is. I'd just also say that the first three are vewry good games in their own right, or at least they were when they came out.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 03:56 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Actually, that was RE4 that did that. RE5 was just a continuation of RE4's action formula with co-op.

You actually have that in reverse. RE4 continued the horror but RE5 was the one that actually put it to a halt until Revelations came along.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 03:57 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Nemesis X
You actually have that in reverse. RE4 continued the horror but RE5 was the one that actually put it to a halt until Revelations came along.

No, watch the review posted and you'll see why I'm right.

Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well RE 4 & 5 still had the horror element just it was done different.

Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Actually, that was RE4 that did that. RE5 was just a continuation of RE4's action formula with co-op.

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011...t-evil-4-sucks/

Come at me.

RE4, though survival-action, retained the creep atmosphere for most of the game, and was still capable of scaring people. (When I first saw the Garrador, I went ._. )

The idea that RE5 was even remotely creepy is lol.

Howdy!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 03:59 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

4 & 5 were horror the way Aliens was horror.
1-3 etc were like alien.

At least thats how i see it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 03:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
RE4, though survival-action, retained the creep atmosphere for most of the game, and was still capable of scaring people. (When I first saw the Garrador, I went ._. )

The idea that RE5 was even remotely creepy is lol.

Compared to how RE4 was originally going to be before they decided to go action...

It hardly retained the creepy atmosphere of the first three games at all, aside from the reasons in the review I posted pointed out. Despite that RE5 was even less scary, you're just blaming it for what RE4 started. lol

Originally posted by -Pr-
4 & 5 were horror the way Aliens was horror.
1-3 etc were like alien.

At least thats how i see it.

Also, this.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 04:04 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Compared to how RE4 was originally going to be before they decided to go action...

It hardly retained the creepy atmosphere of the first three games at all, aside from the reasons in the review I posted pointed out. Despite that RE5 was even less scary, you're just blaming it for what RE4 started. lol

Also, this.

I never said RE4 was as creepy as the earlier RE games. Nor did I deny RE4 was not at fault, it was. Comparing RE4 to Aliens is correct. Comparing RE5 to Aliens is not, however.

RE5 is more comparable to Terminator 2 in atmosphere.

Except the story sucked.

Howdy!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 04:10 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Fair enough, although for 5's story sucking I blame the different producer(s).

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 04:13 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Plus i don't think Shinji Mikami is no longer at Capcom

theres a been a few people from there thats left and started up their own development studio.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 04:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

No, watch the review posted and you'll see why I'm right.

The review made me facepalm but I do agree about how disappointing it was that Resident Evil was moved away from most of it's horror roots but it was successful with a few scares in 4. RE5 however had none.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 04:34 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I probably wouldn't argue with that. Mostly blame Sheva.

*watches RE5 beta again and sighs*

At least with Revelations though, and possibly RE6, there's still hope as pointed out.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 04:43 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I probably wouldn't argue with that. Mostly blame Sheva.

*watches RE5 beta again and sighs*

At least with Revelations though, and possibly RE6, there's still hope as pointed out.

I mostly blame the producer.

I can't believe they had the right idea and tossed it aside like it was nothing T-T

That's true.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 05:01 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Not sure I like ORC now based on this bit of gameplay. Doesn't even feel very Resident Evil-like...

But since it's just a side game, I won't hold it against the series.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 09:55 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Call of Resident Evil: Umbrella Warfare.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2011 08:18 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Honestly, this looks boring as hell.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2011 09:06 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Looks positively amazing!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2011 10:07 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Hope that was sarcasm, if you were referring to the last gameplay vid I just posted. >.>

Old Post Nov 27th, 2011 01:35 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh hey, Jill and other familiars are gonna be in the game's Heroes Mode Multiplayer apparently. Will take more than just a little fanservice like that for me to actually get this though, but still.. A nice touch sort of.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 09:40 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Is it just me or does Jill look a lot like a teenager?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 10:06 PM