KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » PSN down due to hackers

PSN down due to hackers
Started by: EvilTyrant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

I don't know WTF you guys are talkin' about. I don't play those games...
quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime

(please log in to view the image)
****in ridiculouslaughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Last edited by Peach on Apr 27th, 2011 at 01:29 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2011 06:45 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 01:31 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Bah hah hah hah hah

"credit cards".

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 01:40 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I do have mine linked to my PSN account, since I didn't want to buy a $20 network card to download a $3 game for my PSP.

Thankfully, as I just remembered, it expired last year and I never got around to updating it as my PSP's just collected dust for the past year.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 01:45 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Apparently, the info is no longer available to the hacker/s, since PSN has been locked down.

Stuffs.

The hacker/s had it for apparently two days though, so that's kewl.

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 02:00 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Oh man, Sony sucks even harder than I had previously thought.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 02:04 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Muchas gracias, Sony. Pinche cabrones.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 02:11 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

I'm gonna invetigate whether or not I can take legal action against Sony. If I can, I'm gonna sue the shit outta them.

It's gonna be so bad, the air is gonna stink.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 08:42 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by No End N Site
I'm gonna invetigate whether or not I can take legal action against Sony. If I can, I'm gonna sue the shit outta them.

It's gonna be so bad, the air is gonna stink.

What, really? Oh man, it'd be so awesome if you did.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 10:11 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Yup this shit is just out-right ridiculous.. I'm gonna skim over the contracts and policies to see what I can do, cuz I just got an email from Sony goin over the situation and it pretty much told me that the culprits could have obtained some very vital information on me. And to be safe, I should pretty much edit all the personal information I can.

That's alotta f**kin work. Class Action, Here I Come!

-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Apr 27th, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 10:21 PM
Peach
mordrem

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 10:37 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Sooo. Should we cancel our credit cards or what

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 11:22 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Get a new credit card and buy a 360, so that you can pay for your online services and therefore will have a company who actually gives a shit about you.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2011 12:34 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Get a new credit card and buy a 360, so that you can pay for your online services and therefore will have a company who actually gives a shit about you.

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-chiefs-account

Yeah, seems secure.

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2011 12:48 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Pffft. That's just one incident. LIVE's never been just outright ****ed like PSN has. It's one thing to hack someone's account, it's another thing to bring down the whole network and rape like 3000 people's credit card.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2011 03:16 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

According to international news, it could be as many as 70,000 accounts that have been 'looked at'.

Crazy shit. I'm gonna have to look over my bank account statements over the next few weeks. erm

Old Post Apr 28th, 2011 04:27 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

"Captain Obvious" to the rescue:

http://www.businessinsider.com/play...-minimal-2011-4

PlayStation Network Down: Financial Impact to Sony Minimal

quote:

PlayStation Network being down for almost a week now is definitely having an impact on some developers who look to download revenues to sustain their business, but it's also affecting Sony - albeit on a much smaller scale, according to Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly how much money PlayStation Network generates each day from game and movie downloads, as Sony doesn't typically divulge this data, but Pachter estimates that it's a fairly small chunk compared to Sony's global games business. The analyst called it a "small number," adding, "Even if they do $1 billion a year (and I don't think it's close to that), it's $3 million a day, and they only keep 30%."

For its part, when contacted for comment, Sony told us that they don't have any further PSN updates or any information to share on the potential lost revenue impact.

Digital is definitely a growing part of the business, however. Even a few years ago, PSN being down for a sustained period of time wouldn't have been as big a deal.

Wait, so you mean to tell me that an outage that lasted 1/52 of the year, resulted in a minimal loss? laughing

Worst case scenario, they lost 1/52 of their online revenues. Media downloading is really low this time of year so they aren't going to even scratch the 1/52 number.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2011 05:16 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Who'd a thunk

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 28th, 2011 04:04 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2011 05:27 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Originally posted by Peach
Someone beat you to it.

May not be the 1st, but I have no problem with being 1 of many. I'm joinin that, and it's easy.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Apr 28th, 2011 06:50 PM