KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

Why doesn't it seem right, though? If they've got the content, as well as the money to make another game, then why not? Because, as GK said, no one was expecting AC3 until next year anyway.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 10th, 2011 12:55 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Why shouldn't Ezio have a trilogy? Altair had AC, Altair Chronicles, and Bloodlines.

Desmond witnessed the genetic memory shifting to Altair's descendant in AC, yes, but what makes you think Altair's adventures in Constantinople must necessarily take place after that? We don't even know when exactly that particular descendant was conceived.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 10th, 2011 12:57 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
Why doesn't it seem right, though? If they've got the content, as well as the money to make another game, then why not? Because, as GK said, no one was expecting AC3 until next year anyway.
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Why shouldn't Ezio have a trilogy? Altair had AC, Altair Chronicles, and Bloodlines.

Desmond witnessed the genetic memory shifting to Altair's descendant in AC, yes, but what makes you think Altair's adventures in Constantinople must necessarily take place after that? We don't even know when exactly that particular descendant was conceived.

I never rushed the efforts for AC3, just didn't expect another game so soon that wasn't AC3. It seem wrong due to there being an Old Ezio instead of some run of the mill assasin people would soon forget...like I said, I was just fine with the wrap up in Brotherhood.

I was unaware of there being an Altair trilogy....I never heard of the Altair Chronicles, my bad! Well as long as its a good game I guess.

Old Ezio is weird no matter how you put it...As for Altair, it seemed just about done up until he did other things after the genetic memory shifted. It would have been nice to see some other new assasin in the mix...not talking about AC3 with this comment.

Old Post May 10th, 2011 01:34 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Multiplayer customization is good. Too much randomness in terms of maps and game formats.

Reading is hard!

laughing out loud

Old Post May 10th, 2011 01:59 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I wish they would add some formidable villains this time around. A hero is only as good as their villains... which doesn't say much for Altiar or Ezio.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 10th, 2011 02:14 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I wish they would add some formidable villains this time around. A hero is only as good as their villains... which doesn't say much for Altiar or Ezio.

Meaningless saying is meaningless. Not to mention wrong. I'm simply hoping for a well-told story. Couldn't care less if the villain is "formidable" or "badass" or not.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 10th, 2011 02:39 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Man, f*ck deez Ezio haters.

Old Post May 10th, 2011 03:54 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Meaningless saying is meaningless. Not to mention wrong. I'm simply hoping for a well-told story. Couldn't care less if the villain is "formidable" or "badass" or not.

Ignore him, he has Wolverine-Syndrome.

Old Post May 10th, 2011 03:55 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Can't wait.

Old Post May 10th, 2011 04:22 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I would actually partially agree with the villain statement. In terms of stature, his opponents are formidable enough. But I really just felt like it was just a matter of time before I got far enough in the story to track them down and assassinate them easily. The best moments for me were the set pieces like with Davinci's machines, and finding clever ways to infiltrate tower areas.

I want to feel overwhelmed by a villain, hell, give them the piece of Eden and make them a walking death machine like we were in Brotherhood near the end, while I have to stay at a distance and find clever things to do.

Wanting a little more difficulty is one of my gripes with the games in general. A game doesn't need to be hard to be good. But often I felt like an unstoppable tank, not an assassin, which seemed wrong. This is true of all the games so far.

Old Post May 10th, 2011 04:22 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

If Altair had a trilogy including the handhelds wouldn't Ezio's be a pentalogy?

50 year old Ezio, surprised he's still in the condition to do his assassin thing. Having mixed feeling about the hook-shot, may make things too easy.. well, easier.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post May 10th, 2011 12:44 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by BloodRain
If Altair had a trilogy including the handhelds wouldn't Ezio's be a pentalogy?

50 year old Ezio, surprised he's still in the condition to do his assassin thing. Having mixed feeling about the hook-shot, may make things too easy.. well, easier.
They probably put a limit on what you can do with it anyway.

Old Post May 10th, 2011 09:57 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

...where on earth did anyone get anything about a hookshot?

It says that he's got a hooked blade, which can be used to travel on ziplines and speed up getting from one place to another.

Old Post May 10th, 2011 10:33 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I hope that when I use a piece of Eden next time, it'll be against the main antagonist who also has a piece of Eden. I felt like I stumbled across a cheat code when I used it against Cesare's men in Brotherhood. Whenever I'm overpowered in a game, I feel bored because it's not challenging. I do get kind of satisfied when I'm in a state similar to God mode but it tends to get a bit tiresome when I use it a lot against weak opponents.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 10th, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2011 11:27 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

So having just read the Game Informer article about it (thaaaaaank you for scanning it for me GK, I love you <3), holy crap I cannot wait for this game. All of the gameplay improvements, and the plot bits, and the multiplayer changes...they're pretty much going "So, this worked well, so we're going to overhaul it and make it even better". No just sitting back and sticking with things they know work without making any changes. So awesome. And very uncommon with developers.

Old Post May 11th, 2011 03:10 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

This series has always done well with changes based on feedback. And yes, it's refreshing.

Old Post May 11th, 2011 03:59 AM
Morridini
Morridini

I wonder how many "I'm too old for this" lines Ezio will have...

So having just read the Game Informer article about it (thaaaaaank you for scanning it for me GK, I love you <3), holy crap

How spoilerish is the story parts? I'm considering a total media blockout of this game, in order to not spoil any of the game.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 11th, 2011 06:41 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

...where on earth did anyone get anything about a hookshot?

It says that he's got a hooked blade, which can be used to travel on ziplines and speed up getting from one place to another.

(Curse you Zelda)
Same thing, and can be used in combat. Still sounding like it'll make things too simple like the chases, at least the guards had a chance at catching up before this. Eh, probs over thinking it.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I hope that when I use a piece of Eden next time, it'll be against the main antagonist who also has a piece of Eden. I felt like I stumbled across a cheat code when I used it against Cesare's men in Brotherhood. Whenever I'm overpowered in a game, I feel bored because it's not challenging. I do get kind of satisfied when I'm in a state similar to God mode but it tends to get a bit tiresome when I use it a lot against weak opponents.

IMO the smoke bombs, poison dart and crossbow do this in regular gameplay. Smoke leads to several easy kills, darts for taking the effort out of normal poison and crossbow for being a faster, quieter and more mobile gun. Most guilty of this are the recruits.. Way to easy to summon a few mini-Ezio's packed with smoke bombs, skills that trump a group of guards and that arrow storm to take out any group of guards.

Come Brotherhood who actually used the knife, throwing knives and hidden gun?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post May 11th, 2011 11:21 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Me. Throwing knives were awesome for taking out the rooftop patrols, and the knife was damn sweet for its kill animations and speed. The gun was good for assassinating people when you really want them dead, but it took too long to really be useful.

Old Post May 11th, 2011 11:30 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Morridini
I wonder how many "I'm too old for this" lines Ezio will have...

How spoilerish is the story parts? I'm considering a total media blockout of this game, in order to not spoil any of the game.

It's an overview of the circumstances and what you'll need to do as Ezio, but they didn't give away anything that could be considering spoiling the plot. Most of the article is on how AC:R is expanding upon what was in AC:B.

Originally posted by BloodRain
(Curse you Zelda)
Same thing, and can be used in combat. Still sounding like it'll make things too simple like the chases, at least the guards had a chance at catching up before this. Eh, probs over thinking it.

IMO the smoke bombs, poison dart and crossbow do this in regular gameplay. Smoke leads to several easy kills, darts for taking the effort out of normal poison and crossbow for being a faster, quieter and more mobile gun. Most guilty of this are the recruits.. Way to easy to summon a few mini-Ezio's packed with smoke bombs, skills that trump a group of guards and that arrow storm to take out any group of guards.

Come Brotherhood who actually used the knife, throwing knives and hidden gun?

The hookblades have been used by Constantinople's local Assassins for some time, so I imagine the Byzantine guards have figured out ways to keep up. The main ways the hookblades affect combat hare allowing you to start combos offensively instead of waiting to parry, and vaulting over guards to bypass combat altogether if that's your style.

Old Post May 11th, 2011 12:24 PM