KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed III
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

I've never played any of the minigames. Doesn't interest me.

Multiplayer is fun, though it feels like the stun window has resorted back to in Brotherhood (very little time to get a stun in), and the fact that stun and kill are now the same button has screwed me up a lot.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2012 10:51 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
GOd this annoys the hell of me now, where's that one fun minigame we played early on in the game? On the ship we got to try two minigames when were you took opponents pieces by moving your pieces towards or away from them (the fun one), and the game that is basically advanced tic-tac-toe (boring). However I am now at sequence 5 and have yet to find the first one again, everyone play the ****ings boring one...

Look for Fanorona. You can find it NY, Boston and the Homestead.

One of the Thief Challenges involves winning £500 from those games.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2012 10:55 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So how long is the single player?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 12:23 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Nemesis X
So how long is the single player?
I beat it in about 14 hours.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 01:43 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Took me a few days. But I did just about all the side missions and naval stuff.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 01:49 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by KingD19
Took me a few days. But I did just about all the side missions and naval stuff.
Ya, mine was a straight main missions runthrough

PWNT

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 01:58 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Phew. Finally done with all collectibles and side-quests. Completing the entire map of the Frontier was a pain. They should have at least put in more viewpoints in the Frontier.

Now to finish off Sequence 11 & 12 and get 100%.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 09:35 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

The Naval part of the game is **** from what I've seen so far.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2012 01:34 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
PCompleting the entire map of the Frontier was a pain. They should have at least put in more viewpoints in the Frontier.

I was wondering about that, I still have dark areas in Boston for some reason that I can't seem to get rid of other than actually walking everywhere.... why did they change that aspect of the game?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2012 01:38 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

I was wondering about that, I still have dark areas in Boston for some reason that I can't seem to get rid of other than actually walking everywhere.... why did they change that aspect of the game?

No clue. Maybe it's in one of the dev dairies.
I'd be okay with that aspect of map-unlocking if they hadn't put in wide-open spaces with most of it having no buildings or trees to climb whatsoever. Or more viewpoints.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2012 04:25 PM
KingD19

The Dark areas in the city may be the underground fast travel spots.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2012 07:37 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Nope.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2012 08:56 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Hmmmm, I know I had that problem with the Northern part of New York. (the more...townish part with the farm fields and stuff)

But Boston was pretty much filled out after I did all my viewpoints.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2012 09:15 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Way to make the set pieces suck, Ubisoft.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2012 02:11 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Oh how I hate Connor, now at Sequence 11, guess I am nearing myself the end. The game feels...rushed is the best way to express it. There's just so many aspects of the game that feel unfinished, and a lot of the "improvements" of the gameplay has made it worse. I'll see how I feel after finishing the game, but so far this is the worst Assassin Creed game imo (still enjoying it though, don't get me wrong).

Old Post Nov 26th, 2012 08:32 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 08:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Had another lovely bug happening to me. I've been doing Homestead missions as fast as possible, so there's no way this can be explained by "you should have done it earlier":

But I approached the point where Connor returns to the Manor only to find [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Achilles lying dead in is chair, I play through the mission this prompts and after [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the actually rather touching funeral for Achilles, with his voice monologing his letter to Connor I once again return to the Manor and see another Homestead mission waiting for me. I enter the Manor and am [SPOILER - highlight to read]: greeted by Achilles...standing there asking me to help him hang up a picture over the mantlepiece...even though I just finished burying his cold dead body in the ground.... And this wasn't just a one time occurance, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he's there whenever I come to visit...

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 09:49 AM
dadudemon

Had another lovely bug happening to me. I've been doing Homestead missions as fast as possible, so there's no way this can be explained by "you should have done it earlier":

But I approached the point where Connor returns to the Manor only to find [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Achilles lying dead in is chair, I play through the mission this prompts and after [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the actually rather touching funeral for Achilles, with his voice monologing his letter to Connor I once again return to the Manor and see another Homestead mission waiting for me. I enter the Manor and am [SPOILER - highlight to read]: greeted by Achilles...standing there asking me to help him hang up a picture over the mantlepiece...even though I just finished burying his cold dead body in the ground.... And this wasn't just a one time occurance, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he's there whenever I come to visit...

That sounds like a good glitch. big grin A decent character gets to live again! big grin

Kazenji, I lol'd. Some glitches...

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 06:31 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

For those who have this for the 360, Can people access that Uplay through Xbox live?

i've tried with some of the other Ubisoft titles and can't seem to get in.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 06:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I have not tried it in AC3 yet, but have had no problems in previous Ubisoft titles through Xbox live.

As for AC3, I completed it a few days ago, and soon I will have 100% Synchronization on every mission, just three to go.

All in all: very disappointing. I've always loved the Desmond sections, and for some reason they didn't want to do it justice, if the common interpretation of the ending is true, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Desmond being dead, even though that is never explicitly stated or shown then I believe Ubisoft have failed miserably.

As for the past story, it was okay, Connor was a horrible character, Haytham was awesome, the rest of the cast was forgettable. Sadly any good points in the story were undermined by the god awful gameplay, I have never played an AC game where the Assassin ended up doing the exact opposite of what I wanted as many times as in this one. Whoever "improved" the gameplay for this game ****ed up in a major way.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 08:11 AM