KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead Space 3

Dead Space 3
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seems like that Bundle ^ can only be ordered from the Dead Space site.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 06:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Honestly looks like a lot of fun. Weapon customisation looks great.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 10:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I had a good time playing the demo. People say the horror is gone and yet I still curse at every jumpscare I come across. Don't know why they believe the scariness is gone now that you fight humans. I barely fought the humans. I just stood there smiling as I witnessed Necromorphs swarming those Unitologist bastards everytime we crossed paths. However I did feel irked the moment I came across certain Necromorphs that actually used guns when they took control of some corpses but like the zombies in RE6, they weren't exactly good with them but I'm still met with mixed feelings about that. Thankfully they weren't as common as the other enemy types.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 23rd, 2013 at 02:14 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2013 02:10 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Personally i'm holding off from playing the demo

not that long to wait anyway.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2013 02:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2013 08:14 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2013 09:35 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Don't see the problem with that, it's not like micro-transactions is the only way of getting the upgrades. It's just a quicker and more expensive way to the same goal.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2013 10:19 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The problem is that it sets up a dangerous precedent.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2013 11:01 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I like how a friend of mine couldn't join me in co-op unless he gave EA his email password and this is a friggin demo. I'm surprised he wasn't asked to hand over his password when he was watching Dante's Inferno on Netflix.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2013 09:03 AM
Impediment
Endless

The demo wasn't anything special, if you ask me. It was fun, sure, but nothing new or innovative. The weapon building bench feature was just uninteresting to me. Maybe because of the limited and bland features in the demo.

I sure hope that DS3 has more and better stuff in the game when I buy it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2013 04:51 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Weapon building in that testing room was pretty good, I thought. I liked all the different combo weapons I could make, and they were fun to test out.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 26th, 2013 06:55 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jan 28th, 2013 07:10 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Dead Space 3 to Receive a "Disturbing" post-release DLC expansion & New Game Modes Revealed

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...s-Revealed.html

quote:
In addition to this, Papoutsis also revealed details on four gameplay modes, unlocked upon completion of the campaign. In Papoutsis’s own words, they are as follows:

Game+: “Lets you start a new game with all your upgrades and arsenal intact.”

Classic: “For the DS1 veterans out there. It’s single-player only, uses ‘classic’ aiming, and there’s no crafting – all weapons have to be built from blueprints, a la the original game.”

Pure Survival: “If you like survival horror and resource management, this is the mode for you. Enemies ONLY drop resources, and there’s no ammo, health, or weapon parts to be found. You’ll have to choose what to craft every time you see a bench. Upgrade? Med Pack? Plasma Core? Think fast – there’s a Waster right around the corner!”

Hardcore: “Choose this mode, and you only get one life to live for the entire campaign. Make sure to wear a clean pair of boxers when you play…”

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 02:19 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 01:10 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

What's up with Ellie for this game

in the second game she gets her eye ripped out and also can fight necromorphs and now with this third game seems to have made her the damsel in distress.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 07:35 AM
Arachnid1

PWNT

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 02:33 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Read the review. Looking forward to the game.

The issue that will come up is that it's not what Dead Space was. A scary, intense game.

But I'm cool with that. I always felt Dead Space games had awesome atmosphere and while it might not be as scary, it will still be uber intense which is still a great feeling to have while playing video games. I never been as freaked out as Dead Space 2 while being chased and surrounded by enemies. It left me breathless.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 02:48 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Read the review. Looking forward to the game.

The issue that will come up is that it's not what Dead Space was. A scary, intense game.

But I'm cool with that. I always felt Dead Space games had awesome atmosphere and while it might not be as scary, it will still be uber intense which is still a great feeling to have while playing video games. I never been as freaked out as Dead Space 2 while being chased and surrounded by enemies. It left me breathless.
I'm pretty hyped for it too. I am really disappointed about it not being scary though. Dead Space is the game that filled the void left behind by Resident Evil and Silent Hill for me, and now that's empty again. I guess it's back to waiting for some new franchise to come out of nowhere and surprise the hell out of me for my horror fix.

Also, there are two more reviews. One of them is a spanish site, and the other italian. If you want to read the pages, translate on google. So far, so good.

another 9/10
8.8/10

PWNT

Old Post Feb 5th, 2013 02:55 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I guess it's back to waiting for some new franchise to come out of nowhere and surprise the hell out of me for my horror fix.

I hear Shinji Mikami is working on one.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2013 05:20 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's not a big deal for me. As long as it's intense and creepy, I'm happy it not being an "horror". I still get freaked out.

I also feel that people are really desensitized to horror games now.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2013 05:42 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote