KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DCNU Superman vs AvX Thor

DCNU Superman vs AvX Thor
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Starscream M
if colossus is able to fell thor, then I'd give it to superman

So DCNU Superman = a PF and Cytorrak amped Colossus?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 10:54 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Also, if that scan in the OP is to be taken at face value, Thor somehow took a beating from two Phoenix avatars and survived, in addition to one of them wielding a sword that is cater made for killing and harming magical beings.

Not sure how that's a low feat at all.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 10:57 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Silent Master
So DCNU Superman = a PF and Cytorrak amped Colossus?
are you senile...I saw your post the first time

and one doesn't have to be PF or cytorrak to beat thor

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 10:58 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor somehow took a beating from two Phoenix avatars and survived
of course he survived, every comic hero survives...that's kinda a moot point

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 10:59 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Such as what?

Mar-Vell was clearly amped by the Phoenix Force, as stated and noted several times.

Let's use a High Herald as an example. Gladiator...it took 3 of the Phoenix members to repeatedly pound on Gladiator for no telling how long, in order to drop him in a prolong fight. Thor got two pieced by Colossus and Magic. This also doesn't include Emma soloing him or Namor embarrassing him. That throws high Herald out the window.

Then we have the Avengers bringing the fight to the 5, everyone getting attacked, hell, Spiderman even withstands a beat down but then we have Thing carrying Thor yet again. He isn't operating at Heralds level, not even close. Superman isn't either but I would put him above this version of Thor imo. Not far above but enough to pull the majority.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:00 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

of course he survived, every comic hero survives...that's kinda a moot point

Way to completely demean the feat.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:00 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

are you senile...I saw your post the first time

You said "if colossus is able to fell thor, then I'd give it to superman"

Are you claiming that DCNU Superman is just as powerful as a PF and Cytorrak amped Colossus?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:01 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Also, if that scan in the OP is to be taken at face value, Thor somehow took a beating from two Phoenix avatars and survived, in addition to one of them wielding a sword that is cater made for killing and harming magical beings.

Not sure how that's a low feat at all.

It really wasn't that much of a beating.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:01 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Of course not. But using examples of Thor being beaten by people amped by the PF and/or other sources as evidence as why Superman would do the same is silly.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:02 PM
Starscream M

Way to completely demean the feat.
sorry to burst your bubble, but 'surviving' isn't exactly a feat in comicdom...that's literally the lowest bar you can set as comic characters (esp popular ones) are not allowed not to survive

if he had tanked that hit, it would be a feat....simply not dying isn't

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:02 PM
Starscream M

Originally posted by Silent Master

Are you claiming that DCNU Superman is just as powerful as a PF and Cytorrak amped Colossus?
no

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:03 PM
Silent Master

no

Then what was the point in saying "if colossus is able to fell thor, then I'd give it to superman"?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:04 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by carver9
Let's use a High Herald as an example. Gladiator...it took 3 of the Phoenix members to repeatedly pound on Gladiator for no telling how long, in order to drop him in a prolong fight. Thor got two pieced by Colossus and Magic. This also doesn't include Emma soloing him or Namor embarrassing him. That throws high Herald out the window.

Then we have the Avengers bringing the fight to the 5, everyone getting attacked, hell, Spiderman even withstands a beat down but then we have Thing carrying Thor yet again. He isn't operating at Heralds level, not even close. Superman isn't either but I would put him above this version of Thor imo. Not far above but enough to pull the majority.

The fact that they are able to beat Thor, whose entire history still counts as being a high herald, especially under the guy who writes his solo series (Matt Fraction) makes them >= high heralds. That's the clear point you're not getting. It was also made clear the PF was holding back when they dealt with Kallark and not in any danger at all.

Colossus is amped by the PF and Cytorrak and Magik has the Soul Sword which is a weapon specifically designed to beat magical and mystic foes...of which Thor clearly is. So how again is that a low feat? Normal Namor has always been able to give Thor a decent scrap if Thor doesn't go all out, and he effectively no sells Mjolnir. Pretty obvious the Phoenix Five are intended to be > top tiers conventionally without further diving up the PF amongst them. That's without mentioning the fact that Namor easily wrecked Rulk's arm. Pretty easy to put two and two together and get four.

So, again, the fact that the Phoenix Five can beat Thor doesn't mean you can abirtrarily decide that DCnU Superman can.

Last edited by JakeTheBank on Aug 23rd, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:06 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

sorry to burst your bubble, but 'surviving' isn't exactly a feat in comicdom...that's literally the lowest bar you can set as comic characters (esp popular ones) are not allowed not to survive

if he had tanked that hit, it would be a feat....simply not dying isn't

That is horrendous logic.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:07 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by carver9
It really wasn't that much of a beating.

You think Superman would physically fare better against Magik and Colossus, amped as they are with both telepathic/pyrokinetic powers in addition to mystical prowess?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:08 PM
Starscream M

You think Superman would physically fare better against Magik and Colossus, amped as they are with both telepathic/pyrokinetic powers in addition to mystical prowess?
he might as he has the reaction and speed advantage

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:09 PM
carver9

I never said the 5 isnt greater than High Herald level...they are. Why would I vote for Namor over Prime if I didn't think he was over Herald levels but you are clearly missing the point. It's not WHO is beating Thor, its HOW he is getting defeated.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:10 PM
carver9

Lol...read above Jake. I never said this version of Superman would do anything to any of the 5. It's how Thor is being defeated which is the problem.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:12 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

he might as he has the reaction and speed advantage

"Might" doesn't fill me with much confidence.

I'm still failing to see how Thor getting beat up by guys portrayed as being more powerful than Thor consistently means Superman wins...especially when Thor's prior history and status as a high herald/top dog still count.

That would be like a new villain showing up and beating up Superman consistently for the arc he's starring and then arguing because he beat up Superman, Superman must be weakened now. It's obvious that the intent is that new villain is >= Superman not that Superman got depowered.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:13 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

What speed feats did thor posses in AvX (stopped reading it after issue 2)

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:14 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote