KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5: Guardians
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RadZoa
Multiplayer is incredible, best since Halo 2, balanced, smooth, map design is excellent

Campaign is...well it's good but none of the concepts from the marketing campaign like Chief being a traitor or ONI being involved was actually in the game

Well gee, thanks for the spoiler.

Been taking my time on the campaign. Just a few missions in.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 08:47 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Is it really spoiling if it doesn't happen? I've seen this all over the net. People are super peeved because the trailers mislead them into believing there would be some kind of conflict between Chief and Locke, and Chief is labeled a traitor to be hunted. This never happens. IGN even wrote an entire article on it which is probably still on the front page, and a ton of people are raging.

The actual story is apparently something alltogether different, so no one is really spoiled.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 09:24 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

Not really a spoiler, just told you what WASN'T in the game....well I guess technically you at least know what not to expect but at least I haven't told you what's actually in the game.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 03:52 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Is it really spoiling if it doesn't happen? I've seen this all over the net. People are super peeved because the trailers mislead them into believing there would be some kind of conflict between Chief and Locke, and Chief is labeled a traitor to be hunted. This never happens. IGN even wrote an entire article on it which is probably still on the front page, and a ton of people are raging.

The actual story is apparently something alltogether different, so no one is really spoiled.
It could of been a really cool concept too with ONI's involvement since they're basically work from the shadows and spoon feed bullshit to the public

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 03:53 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Truthfully, you are right but telling somebody what's not in the game is still kind of ruin the experience.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 03:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, it gave me a pretty good idea of what to expect after knowing what wasn't in the game, so what could've been a surprise for me was still kinda ruined in the end.

I should've just done what I did before by avoiding a thread for a game until I finished its story, period. Oh well.

But I'm not really mad about the story being different from what the trailers led you to believe. Not the first time this kind of thing's happened. Sorta used to it by now if anything, for better or worse.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 09:47 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So I have played about 10 arena slayer maps and I have been getting destroyed.

I got moved into a ranked playlist and changed my sensitivity and instead of getting 5 kills/15 deaths, the last matches I got were 17ish kills/6 deaths. Either I played complete shit players or the sensitivity was that slow. Previously, I had to get the drop on a guy to be able kill him. Now, if I get shot I can get out of it. It's pretty sweet.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 03:51 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Been loving the multiplayer. This is probably some of the most fun I've had on a shooter ever. Just wish they got rid of that ***** Breakout mode. It's absolutely terrible and every time I play my K/D ratio plummets.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 03:59 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Really don't know where he's coming from on this being one of the shortest Halo campaigns when for me, it was one of the longest (heroic/legendary), up there with Halo 2. Maybe some of the missions themselves could've been longer but it's still like, what? 12 missions not counting the 3 non-combat ones? And knocking the ending for having a cliffhanger as though others like Halo 2 didn't have one? lol

He's definitely not wrong though about the majority of them being with Spartan Locke, while less than a handful are with Chief... Recycling the Warden Eternal boss fights (who are a pain on legendary, needless to say) was kinda meh too, but the Warden did seem kinda fresh at first, far as promethean enemies go. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: A boss fight with Chief or Locke depending on who you're playing as could've been great too though, I suppose.

The REQ system I've been mixed on, though glad he addressed the bullshit microtransactions part of it, as expected, along with the misleading of the story, although I still liked it for what it was.

Oh, and agree on the Breakout mode @ ares.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 12:50 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Can you seriously only get new armor for your Spartan via raffle? You can still unlock specific pieces after you reach a specific rank, complete online challenges or finish the campaign on Legendary can't you?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 03:43 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I agree with most everything he said.

I bought this game because of my long time support of the franchise, but I think it is about time to hang up the pistol and move on. This direction is not for me.

One of my biggest issues with the game is the overly complicated single player hud. It is insane and makes me dizzy more often than not and this is something that has never, ever happened to me during my entire gaming life.

MP seems balanced and fun, but there is really only room for one FPS MP for me, and Destiny got that spot solidly. About as solid as the original Halo trilogy had it.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 03:06 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

Originally posted by ares834
Been loving the multiplayer. This is probably some of the most fun I've had on a shooter ever. Just wish they got rid of that ***** Breakout mode. It's absolutely terrible and every time I play my K/D ratio plummets.
Breakout is a separate mode, just don't play it

Old Post Nov 4th, 2015 06:52 AM
RadZoa

Ugh can't stand Somewhat upset Joe, haven't taken this idiot seriously since 2010 and considering that he monetized a video about Jewario and nearly cried when he couldn't monetize Nintendo footage, this dude is a massive money grubbing chode

Old Post Nov 4th, 2015 06:53 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Yeah how dickish of somebody to enact free publicity to give a company's product attention. What a monster.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2015 07:16 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

lol

Old Post Nov 4th, 2015 11:15 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Zack Fair
I agree with most everything he said.

I bought this game because of my long time support of the franchise, but I think it is about time to hang up the pistol and move on. This direction is not for me.

One of my biggest issues with the game is the overly complicated single player hud. It is insane and makes me dizzy more often than not and this is something that has never, ever happened to me during my entire gaming life.

MP seems balanced and fun, but there is really only room for one FPS MP for me, and Destiny got that spot solidly. About as solid as the original Halo trilogy had it.

Man, this is sad to hear coming from you, but kind of understandable I guess. For all the new features the game added like the spartan charge, it also took away from the Halo experience in other areas.

Didn't have that kind of problem with the campaign hud, just getting used to the controls at first. If you're not gonna finish it I would say at least youtube the story cutscenes. Definitely know I'll be getting Halo 6 with the way it ended and to see how 343's trilogy ends. But as it is now, there's little denying that it's mostly a new generation of gamers carrying the series' success, while most of the older Halo veterans have just moved on... After 6 I can imagine I'd be done too.

Yeah, the multiplayer is fun, but I can tell it won't keep me hooked far as long as some previous Halo's did. Then again, might be too premature to say considering other playlists and shit that'll be added later.

Breakout is a separate mode, just don't play it

Sometimes Team Arena will make you play Breakout though.

Ugh can't stand Somewhat upset Joe, haven't taken this idiot seriously since 2010 and considering that he monetized a video about Jewario and nearly cried when he couldn't monetize Nintendo footage, this dude is a massive money grubbing chode

Jewario? The guy who committed suicide?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2015 11:56 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I am not sure for how long Halo 5 MP, and in general, will remain relevant when all the heavy hitters come out swinging. Halo 4 had horrible retention, and it loos like the same might happen with 5 now that BLOPS3 has everyone all hyped up and we got the new top dog still reigning supreme(Destiny)

Old Post Nov 4th, 2015 11:11 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

True/probably, and that's no surprise about Halo 4. Even Reach's multiplayer didn't remain relevant as long as I hoped, and I enjoyed the hell out of that (at least compared to 4 and the like). Halo hasn't been 'top dog' since the original trilogy, to be honest really.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 04:54 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

True/probably, and that's no surprise about Halo 4. Even Reach's multiplayer didn't remain relevant as long as I hoped, and I enjoyed the hell out of that (at least compared to 4 and the like). Halo hasn't been 'top dog' since the original trilogy, to be honest really.

Agreed. I played every Halo extensively up to this one. I thought they were all pretty good with their ups and downs. Reach being the least liked MP wise. Its true that Halo is no longer the shooter to beat, and it sucks because I just can't help but respect the love and desire 343 has to bring it back to ESports front row. Its very interesting how 343 and Bungie's approach differ. 343 geared Halo towards a more competitive environment where as Bungie decided to go full casual with Destinyl. No surprise full casual is winning.

Still I haven't played the MP all that much, and I will do so this weekend. I refuse to give up on this franchise without a fight xD

Last edited by Zack Fair on Nov 5th, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 11:28 AM
RadZoa

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Agreed. I played every Halo extensively up to this one. I thought they were all pretty good with their ups and downs. Reach being the least liked MP wise. Its true that Halo is no longer the shooter to beat, and it sucks because I just can't help but respect the love and desire 343 has to bring it back to ESports front row. Its very interesting how 343 and Bungie's approach differ. 343 geared Halo towards a more competitive environment where as Bungie decided to go full casual with Destinyl. No surprise full casual is winning.

Still I haven't played the MP all that much, and I will do so this weekend. I refuse to give up on this franchise without a fight xD
Don't know if it's going to reach Halo 3 levels which had hundreds of thousands of players on years after launch and even has players on right now on the original version on the 360 (not many but the game is now 8 years old)

Even Halo Reach has 20,000+ players on right now, although it helped that they gave the game away for free with Games with Gold

But I do think Halo 5 will at least outlast Halo 4, not that that's saying much. The competitive focus will keep the hardcore players around, Warzone for the casuals and the fact that all the DLC will be free. I think Halo 5 will do just fine especially compared to Halo 4

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 07:19 AM