KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 4 Remake

Resident Evil 4 Remake
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Same gameplay as 6?

No thanks. We dodged a bullet.

Perhaps but honestly? I would switch the RE7s out if I could. While RE6 leaves a lot to be desired, co-op makes that kind of game a fun and very memorable experience.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 9th, 2023 at 01:06 AM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2023 01:00 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Only a minor issue but the changes to this scene were unnecessary especially when Luis in the remake has the looks to match his sleezy personality in the original RE4. First the VR port last year deletes a portion of the conversation making Ashley look like the antagonizer, now here she gets visibly annoyed if you call her so much as senorita in an also unnecessarily faster pacing of a moment that's supposed to be the calm before the storm and the Ganados surround the cabin. All to avoid the naughty word. This is to where it's more immature avoiding than it is using the lines. Frankly that dialogue shoulda came back with a spin added where Ashley gives Luis an impromptu punch to the face as deserved since the flirt attempt was awkward to begin with but that's part of Luis' character Capcom in the past made: to be this absolute failure of a prince charming from angering Ashley to making Ada ignore him for the most part.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2023 04:27 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Most of the Q&A is drivel but the things that stood out:

1. The dog may yet still be alive.

2. The chainsaw controller was considered returning but with all hands on development, that plan's postponed far as we know and may show up later.

3. The Krauser QTE knife fight will come back minus the QTEs and was actually this fight that inspired the new parry system.

4. The Hook Man sadly won't make a cameo.

5. Snakes drop snake meat. No longer eggs.

6. Mike makes more appearances.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 17th, 2023 at 04:08 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2023 04:05 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Thank god that stupid leak that included Krauser not being in and Luis becoming evil was bullshit.

Howdy!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2023 05:43 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Speaking of bs, I hope we can get proper Mercenaries returning back here for this and not some asinine experimental multiplayer that only dies within a couple months and nice as playable Lady D was in Village, that Mercs in particular doesn't scratch that itch the Merc modes from 4-6 did.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 18th, 2023 at 01:09 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2023 01:05 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Raid mode in Revelations was decent too for being Mercenaries esque. Had a level up system like Dead Island, so was a grind on its own, but the different level weapons you get as you level up made it unique too, along with each character having unique stat attributes that made certain weapon types stronger when they're using them. Not to mention the different ranks you can get for beating the levels under certain conditions.

Not sure how many people played Raid much overall, but it was sort of the soul of Revelations for me, solid as the campaign was for the hardware it debuted on. Sad the same can't be said for most of the other experimental multiplayer modes, whether it's PvP or PvE. You can have something work that isn't Mercenaries, but stuff like Resistance or ReVerse ain't it.

And yeah, it's good to finally have confirmation about Krauser and such. I doubt the new RE4 will bring up the past with Manuela and such during Darkside Chronicles, but would be funny if it did.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2023 01:17 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

WE'RE GETTING MERCENARIES!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2023 11:16 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Neat that they're involving Luis more into story, instead of mostly doing stuff behind the scenes.

Howdy!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2023 04:35 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Can't wait, it looks fantastic. Mercs being DLC is stupid though

PWNT

Old Post Feb 25th, 2023 01:23 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The DLC is free at least.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2023 08:55 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Nemesis X
The DLC is free at least.
That makes me the @sshole. It's a non-issue in that case.

Still worried about seperate ways though

PWNT

Old Post Feb 25th, 2023 11:43 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Separate Ways was a garbage cut rate rehash to entice double dipping, it added absolutely NOTHING to the experience that you didn't get from Assignment Ada and Mercenaries.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2023 11:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

That makes me the @sshole. It's a non-issue in that case.

Still worried about seperate ways though

Separate Ways, Assignment Ada. About the only things left yeah. Also concerned regarding Ada herself. So far, her voice still sounds very lazy and her outfit screams pandering to a soccer mom somewhere. Sure you can argue the dress is an unlockable so why does Leon keep his og outfit on the first playthrough in that case? It doesn't even look like she & Leon will be fighting in that room with the garden maze right outside, just points her gun and walks judging by the earlier trailers. Maybe they'll fight earlier? If they could do what they did with the Krauser knife fight and made their moment an in-game boss battle in a way that'd be interesting.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 26th, 2023 at 12:42 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2023 12:32 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by cdtm
Separate Ways was a garbage cut rate rehash to entice double dipping, it added absolutely NOTHING to the experience that you didn't get from Assignment Ada and Mercenaries.
You're getting Assignment Ada and Seperate Ways mixed up champ.

Separate Ways, Assignment Ada. About the only things left yeah. Also concerned regarding Ada herself. So far, her voice still sounds very lazy and her outfit screams pandering to a soccer mom somewhere. Sure you can argue the dress is an unlockable so why does Leon keep his og outfit on the first playthrough in that case? It doesn't even look like she & Leon will be fighting in that room with the garden maze right outside, just points her gun and walks judging by the earlier trailers. Maybe they'll fight earlier? If they could do what they did with the Krauser knife fight and made their moment an in-game boss battle in a way that'd be interesting.
I agree with just about everything. Ada seems to be a huge downgrade in every way so far, just like Luis.

I can overlook it though I guess. I've never liked her character anyway (RE4 was the closest I've ever gotten). I just really want Leon, Krauser, and Wesker to land.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 26th, 2023 12:39 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Tbh, I don't see how you could not like Ada when RE4 is one of your favorite games. I guess there's bound to be different aspects of such games that others will form an attachment to, but I don't see how Ada could not grow on you at least after RE2 and then 4.

You have an exceptional attachment to Rebecca though whose also underrated if not more than Ada, so fair enough.

I like Claire too but she's often overhyped, and then there's Jill who has middling reception from what I've seen.

Krauser already looks great from what I've seen, but Wesker really needs to make a landing, yeah. Please bring back this theme music of his for Mercs Capcom. One of the GOAT tracks.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2023 12:57 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're getting Assignment Ada and Seperate Ways mixed up champ.

I agree with just about everything. Ada seems to be a huge downgrade in every way so far, just like Luis.

I can overlook it though I guess. I've never liked her character anyway (RE4 was the closest I've ever gotten). I just really want Leon, Krauser, and Wesker to land.

No, Assignment Ada was on the Gamecube original, Separate Ways was added to the inferior PS2 port. Assignment Ada was far superior, as it was original, challenging, and had a reason to exist beyond "Double dip".

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2023 12:58 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The PS2 port might have been inferior, But that version was the first version i played of RE4 and many other folks.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2023 03:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Sadly my Gamecube broke around the time RE4 first launched. Wasn't til PS2 I could play and beat it.

Wii Edition superiority represent btw cool

Old Post Feb 26th, 2023 04:06 AM
Impediment
Endless

Demo coming soon!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2023 11:25 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sadly my Gamecube broke around the time RE4 first launched. Wasn't til PS2 I could play and beat it.

Wii Edition superiority represent btw cool

Yeah Wii had the best of both worlds.

Nintendo systems also make me laugh at the PC Master Race people, even now they're pushing equivalent poly counts and resolution as you got on a PS3. If that's good enough for Nintendo why does everyone else need cutting edge graphics?

I'm quite happy with Rayman and Ground Zeroes on my 360. Or RE4 on my Gamecube.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2023 01:20 PM