KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 4 Remake

Resident Evil 4 Remake
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I thought the demo was great. They really nailed the 1 guy fighting an entire village feel, making the combat much more tense. In a lot of ways, I think this might surpass the original.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2023 03:22 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Yeah, the villagers were a lot more aggressive here, compared to the original where they'd run up to Leon, and then sort of hang around for a second or two before doing anything.

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2023 03:26 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Because a few physical RE4make copies got out early, its trophy/achievement list leaked.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org...hy-list-leaked/

And no Ada-related trophies/achievements surprise surprise. I had a feeling Capcom would pull this stunt and save her story for DLC but no achievement for defeating the U-3? They actually removed IT?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 16th, 2023 at 01:22 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2023 01:08 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: They did.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 17th, 2023 10:05 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

That was my favorite boss in the game. Not even kidding.

Still hyped, but **** man. That thing looked so damn scary.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 18th, 2023 01:26 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Likely they're saving that boss for Separate Ways. Add more meat to it.

Devs said no content would get cut. Even with the rest arriving later via DLC, that's still lying about your base game. They could've at least been honest if making both campaigns before the launch date is too tall an order. Instead, kept skirting around it for months :/

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 18th, 2023 at 03:53 AM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2023 03:50 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Mar 20th, 2023 10:35 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Salazar's giant robo statue got cut too. Be lying if I said I wasn't curious to see how they'd transition that to the remake. For all the attempts at a "realistic" Resident Evil, surprised now the giant salamander and the El Gigantes stayed.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 20th, 2023 at 10:09 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2023 10:06 PM
Arachnid1

Lmao that video was great

All this cut content better have shit added to make up for it. One boss gone better mean a better one to take its place. Especially since that was my favorite boss.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 21st, 2023 03:06 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2023 02:24 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Anybody else playing it earlier with timezones shenanigans?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 24th, 2023 12:36 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

No consequences to friendly firing at Luis? Please tell me this is not someone trying to handhold the newcomers.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 25th, 2023 at 01:49 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2023 01:36 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

https://www.thegamer.com/resident-e...nstagram-abuse/

Yeah, I have to draw the line here. Harassing the actor themselves on social media is never okay no matter how we felt about their performance.

That said, awkwardly waiting to hear on the Separate Ways DLC. The red dress was included for Mercenaries at least. Saw a nice Wesker model there as well.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2023 07:23 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The retards really do not learn. Her performance from what I've heard is dogshit but now that the terminally online autistic retards have bullied her from a social media platform the normies with mediocre IQs but high EQs will praise her take on the character. I hope she becomes the new permanent VA for the character because of this. It's what these idiots deserve.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2023 09:01 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I beat my first run on Hardcore. 22 hours doing just about everything except for the shooting range. This was genuinely one of, if not the the best gaming experiences I've had in my entire life. It's insane that Capcom never hit RE4s heights again until they remade it, because this gives OGRE4 a legit run for it's money as the best RE game and best horror action game of all time.

A few negatives:
-U3 being removed is bull****. He was my second favorite boss in the OG game after Krauser and one of the biggest horror moments of the game. Removing him and then designating Verdugo as U3 was lazy.
-They kind of phoned in the Island. The Village and Castle had huge changes and tons of new content to improve on the OG. The Island was basically a streamlined greatest hits version of the OG Island (minus U3, of course). It's improved, but IMO not to the same degree other locations were
-Salazar's new boss fight was annoying and a downgrade from the original boss design and fight IMO. Only boss I didn't really enjoy.
-The RPD outfit as an unlockable seemed like a no brainer. It not being included when it was in the original is legit annoying. It's my favorite look on Leon and it's all I used in OG RE4 once I unlocked it.
-New Ada sucks. No need to get into this since you've heard it all before. It's insane that they followed up with this Ada after giving us her RE2make version, which was potentially the best version of the character we've ever gotten.

Other than that? I genuinely can't list all the positives because I'd be writing an essay. This game was near perfection for me. Only games that really sent me like this in my entire life were OG RE4, SH2, and Bloodborne. The only thing I'll bring up is that the boss fight with Krauser is up there as one of the best boss fights I've ever experienced, and it was against a freaking (mostly) human. Unreal.

Personally, I hope we're done with the remakes. I want to see this team take on modern action horror entries with OG characters while the RE7 team continues making survival horror entries with ew characters. Bring old Leon more inline with his RE4make version and give us a modern game of this quality.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2023 09:34 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
The retards really do not learn. Her performance from what I've heard is dogshit but now that the terminally online autistic retards have bullied her from a social media platform the normies with mediocre IQs but high EQs will praise her take on the character. I hope she becomes the new permanent VA for the character because of this. It's what these idiots deserve.

thumb up Her performance was terrible and everyone here was critical of it, but blaming her directly on Instagram or whatnot for "ruining this remake" and stuff is... Yeah. sick

Becoming a permanent VA would be a fitting comeuppance for those particular fans, yeah, and if she happened to become a better VA over time from staying with the character, would be even more ironic.

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I beat my first run on Hardcore. 22 hours doing just about everything except for the shooting range. This was genuinely one of, if not the the best gaming experiences I've had in my entire life. It's insane that Capcom never hit RE4s heights again until they remade it, because this gives OGRE4 a legit run for it's money as the best RE game and best horror action game of all time.

A few negatives:
-U3 being removed is bull****. He was my second favorite boss in the OG game after Krauser and one of the biggest horror moments of the game. Removing him and then designating Verdugo as U3 was lazy.
-They kind of phoned in the Island. The Village and Castle had huge changes and tons of new content to improve on the OG. The Island was basically a streamlined greatest hits version of the OG Island (minus U3, of course). It's improved, but IMO not to the same degree other locations were
-Salazar's new boss fight was annoying and a downgrade from the original boss design and fight IMO. Only boss I didn't really enjoy.
-The RPD outfit as an unlockable seemed like a no brainer. It not being included when it was in the original is legit annoying. It's my favorite look on Leon and it's all I used in OG RE4 once I unlocked it.
-New Ada sucks. No need to get into this since you've heard it all before. It's insane that they followed up with this Ada after giving us her RE2make version, which was potentially the best version of the character we've ever gotten.

Other than that? I genuinely can't list all the positives because I'd be writing an essay. This game was near perfection for me. Only games that really sent me like this in my entire life were OG RE4, SH2, and Bloodborne. The only thing I'll bring up is that the boss fight with Krauser is up there as one of the best boss fights I've ever experienced, and it was against a freaking (mostly) human. Unreal.

Personally, I hope we're done with the remakes. I want to see this team take on modern action horror entries with OG characters while the RE7 team continues making survival horror entries with ew characters. Bring old Leon more inline with his RE4make version and give us a modern game of this quality.

Great to hear about Krauser and most of that. As for going forward...

I mean I would've preferred there was no more remakes after RE3 until 3 at least got fixed enough with updates and added content to compensate, but can't all get what we want.

RE5 made a lot of money at the end of the day (13.4 million iirc) despite how polarizing it was and if there's one thing Capcom still understands, it's that. Unless they decide now that they hate money, I'd be more surprised if they actually stopped with the remakes now. If the co-op goes, one idea that occurred to me earlier with a 5 remake was Chris and Sheva having solo but similar campaigns with separate paths, like Leon and Claire in 2. Plenty ways they could change up 5 even though some people and journalists would still call the game racist, but I'm actually curious how Capcom would tackle it again to minimize any uproar.

Another thing I saw brought up that I either forgot or wasn't fully aware of at the time, was that RE5 came out when there was a serious outbreak of ebola and other deadly diseases in many African nations, and considering the usual plot with RE, it was bad timing far as 5's release.

It helped at least that RE6 took most of the heat off of 5. Although I really liked 6 at first after it released, didn't take too long to realize it was actually worse than 5 and whatever else that came before, and people would be fine with 6 being forgotten, having not sold that well to begin with. Of course you still had RE3make which was even more rushed than it... Every time Capcom has reached a certain height with the series (RE4, 5 depending on who you ask, the remake of 2, and such), they ****ed up majorly after. RE6, remake of 3... I hope that cycle of cutting corners breaks at least regardless of what we get next.

That said, I'd also be down for new entries with OG protagonists like you said, breathing new life into them that remakes alone would not provide, because outside of remakes, it really has just felt like there's been an "out with the old, in with the new" approach to the series' protagonists, and I've grown tired of how inactive most of the cast has become outside of like CG films.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2023 11:09 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I hope she stays now too. Lily Gao I've been obviously criticizing a lot for her voice but bullying & harassing is for subhuman trash. I'm not saying these gremlins should harass anyone but they do know actors are only freelance and have no control picking who gets the roles right? Idiots.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2023 10:54 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Apr 9th, 2023 10:38 PM
StyleTime

Yeah, it doesn't surprise me. Other modern RE titles have done the same thing. I don't have a problem with it if someone prefers just paying. Hell, it probably funds some of the free dlc and other stuff we get, so pay away. More RE content for me!

But, personally, the post-game unlocks are a bit of a ritual for me. I enjoy refining my speedrunning skills and such to earn infinite ammo rocket launchers and other goodies the game might have. I've been doing it ever since getting my first RE title, so it's just part of the experience for me.

Last edited by StyleTime on Apr 10th, 2023 at 12:23 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2023 12:13 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Arachnid1

A few negatives:

Best is a strong word, Metal Gear has a lot of standouts. Hell almost every Rising boss fight are the best ever.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2023 12:58 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote