KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Mortal Kombat 2021

Mortal Kombat 2021
Started by: KingAdzJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 14 15 [16]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
a sequel is being made

Well, that's disappointing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2022 10:31 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
a sequel is being made

Ugh. Just, ugh.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2022 11:17 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Kazenji
Wow...having trouble accepting other people's opinions as usual

if it's that hard for you, Better stay off the internet.

It's actually the fans of this film such as you that can't accept that I see and call it out for it for what it is: utter shit. I don't have a problem with you liking it; you can like it, though do find it funny how you condemn most of the other failed video game films while giving this one a pass. It was factually as bad an adaptation as like the live action Resident Evil films on every level. thumb up

At least the next film should be based around the tournament from what's been said. MK '21 should have just followed that plot. Setting the first movie before the tournament made them jumble and mess with the mythology much more than they should have.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2022 01:52 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

The '95 film is arguably the best video game film there is.

It doesn't delve into the story that much, Johnny Cage is an actor who wants to prove he's a fighter, Liu Kang is an expert, Sonya is a special agent, Kano is a bad guy and Raiden is a god.

Scorpion and Sub Zero didn't have any back story, but that's okay. Shang Tsung is a sorceror and Goro is a monster.

I thought it was really funny when Cage punched Goro in the dick.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2022 01:57 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore

It doesn't delve into the story that much, Johnny Cage is an actor who wants to prove he's a fighter, Liu Kang is an expert, Sonya is a special agent, Kano is a bad guy and Raiden is a god.

Scorpion and Sub Zero didn't have any back story, but that's okay. Shang Tsung is a sorceror and Goro is a monster.

And puppet Goro > the CGI monster.

Such a good movie. Johnny Cage actually stole the show, between this and the most metal fight ever.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Jan 27th, 2022 at 03:03 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2022 03:00 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yyyt
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jan 27th, 2022 05:40 PM
Yyyt is currently offline Click here to Send Yyyt a Private Message Find more posts by Yyyt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by cdtm

Such a good movie. Johnny Cage actually stole the show, between this and the most metal fight ever.

That reminds me, '95 Scorpion had an amusing reaction to the new one.

Don't see much reason for the new Scorpion to even be in the next film at the tournament though, as he already got his revenge on Bi-Han.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2022 05:45 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Yes!

^^^Thats all you need to know.

^^^Again, that’s all you need.

^^^LOL, upvote! thumb up

Originally posted by cdtm

^^^Hells yes!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2022 06:04 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
That reminds me, '95 Scorpion had an amusing reaction to the new one.

Don't see much reason for the new Scorpion to even be in the next film at the tournament though, as he already got his revenge on Bi-Han.
They should do a movie about Zub-Zero Mythologies but include everything Lin Kuei and Shirai Ryu related.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2022 08:46 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I mean, I'd probably watch a sequel, maybe it'll be better. The worst thing about this movie was that it was just sort of... bland. But I didn't hate it, necessarily. Now I guess that could change if I watched it again, and I'm not particularly likely to do that.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2022 11:26 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

One of the producers of the film actually said regarding Goro, "I can't really say much about what he does in the movie, but all I can say is he's in the movie, and he's pretty impressive. Also again, he can't just be cannon fodder. He's gotta be important to the movie, he's gotta be important to the story. I think he is in this, I think that when you see the movie you'll say 'Okay, I see why they made those choices'". Goro’s whole purpose in the film was to activate Cole's ability, and then was killed... I'm overwhelmed at their genius writing and sense of importance.

Cole's actor in an interview said how the women in the movie are strong written characters. Um...He does know how far back Mortal Kombat that's had female fighters since the beginning goes right? Oh who am I kidding? The director behind the movie doesn't even know what Edenia is (from 7:28 - 8:00). This would explain if no Edenia, no Kitana so Mileena's character development is next to non-existent here. Or how they never explain who Nitara, a neutral vampire wanting to free her realm from Outworld's dictatorship, was? Nope, just fly and scream in people's faces all day long before getting halved. My how empowering.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2022 07:00 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I forgot there was a statue in Outworld of Goro wielding four swords... Swords we never see him use in a fight. They made it sound like Goro had a certain level of importance similar to the one in the original MK film when it was anything but. Their way of phrasing details like "I think" this and that also tells that they either didn't know what was exactly going on during production or poorly tried to step around the question since they couldn't give away Goro's fate ahead of this film's release.

And their answer to why Raiden didn't save Kung Lao, "Raiden already left in that scene"... He teleported multiple others away at once though.

Interesting that there was gonna be a scene where Rain would fight the team as they jumped out of the plane onto that desert as they parachuted, and Rain would fight them while in the sky... A scene that was cut to save on money I guess.

And yeah, that never made sense how Liu Kang got his arcana marking by killing a human trafficker. Does that make the human trafficker one of the previous chosen ones? Not sure how that works here.

Lastly, the sais Mileena used in her fights were rubber and the editor had to try their damndest cutting so much out that people wouldn't notice but people still noticed anyway. lol Whenever the rubber sais started to bend, the editor cut away from them as quickly as possible while giving just a taste of the idea that there were "weapons" being used. I guess is why whenever they would cling together, instead of Mileena just stabbing Sonya with her other sai, she would try to break it away. The fight felt too choreographed and this was why. Suddenly more thankful for the sais Mileena had in Annihilation now.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2022 03:20 PM