KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Are SJW winning...or are real injustices being addressed/corrected?

Are SJW winning...or are real injustices being addressed/corrected?
Started by: tru-marvell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
Of course there’s racism! It’s because people are stupid. One is not borne racist, it is thought to us. Racism will never go away for the simple fact is this, every time we try to move forward, white liberals brings it up.

Like Morgan Freeman says, the best way to beat racism in this day and age is to stop talking about it. Just like when the interviewer ask him about black history and says it’s stupid. He ask the interviewer how many months is his white history. The interviewer claims he was Jewish. Morgan pushes him ask him why not? And he claimed he did not want just a mere month.

As for your wife, I’m sorry she was met with such scums, but It does not mean inequality is structural in this country. It is individuals.
Exceptions happen in every group, I am part gypsy, many relations are full on travellers and yet the other factors, my father being wealthy. My grandfather a settled traveller bringing my mum up aware of her culture but sending her to grammar school. Still doesn't stop people have prejudice against other travellers. I rarely share outside of travelling and boxing circles my heritage, people will stigmatise me for it all too often. Racism is very real.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 09:52 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Whilst you have your opinion and it is yours, my wife says structural inequality, discrimination and racism is a problem in the US and she has experienced it there first hand. This comes from a woman who has a masters degree so is far from stupid or lazy.

This is a hard story to buy and I have lived in the USA my entire life now in the middle of the bible belt, I certainly can't explain what she fills but the story you built around your wife is one that is african, literally from africa so it makes a dodgey story.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 09:54 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 09:55 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
This is a hard story to buy and I have lived in the USA my entire life now in the middle of the bible belt, I certainly can't explain what she fills but the story you built around your wife is one that is african, literally from africa so it makes a dodgey story.
ahh but she visits family in Wisconsin and Houston Texas regularly and has her whole life. She spent almost 4 months there recently.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 09:57 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Class is always a factor, as is culture, but so is race. It is a combination and each person lives a different life. You can't work, not because you are lazy or stupid but because of circumstance. Many things conspire against people and weigh heavy alone or in combination. If you are poorly educated and white, you still are less likely to be killed if you have an interaction with the Police than a black man of the same socioeconomic demographic.

It's almost like there's a privilege of sorts in play?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 09:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
It is thumb up

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 09:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, a class privilege. Glad you recognized it too thumb up

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 09:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

ahh but she visits family in Wisconsin and Houston Texas regularly and has her whole life. She spent almost 4 months there recently.

So explain the racism, it's always a battle asking for data to show racism........but I saw it so its systemic............

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:00 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur

You didn't comprehend what Whirl's said then. That's your failing.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:01 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
it is simplistic to take a single factor as the end of an equation, it is also simplistic to take a majority factor out of a sum and expect the correct result.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:01 PM
dadudemon

Class is always a factor, as is culture, but so is race. It is a combination and each person lives a different life. You can't work, not because you are lazy or stupid but because of circumstance. Many things conspire against people and weigh heavy alone or in combination. If you are poorly educated and white, you still are less likely to be killed if you have an interaction with the Police than a black man of the same socioeconomic demographic.

Yup. This is correct.

Despite me being born into very poor circumstances, doing extremely well in school through all levels, and working hard and smart for years, my circumstances have kept me down.

If I was born into a wealthy family that had the money to invest in a start-up software company, I would be a billionaire, obviously. But because of my white dis-privilege, and low-class birth, I have to settle for upper-middle class until I have enough capital to start my own software company in my mid 40s where I may be far too late to the market to actually make anything but paltry earnings because I'm 2 decades too late.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:04 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

So explain the racism, it's always a battle asking for data to show racism........but I saw it so its systemic............
she had as a girl a number of incidents in both Wisconsin and Houston where she suffered unpleasant verbal abuse in predominantly wealthy white suburbs. Just one example.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:04 PM
tru-marvell

To SquallX.....I know it's been all day, but here's my quick retort to your original response to this thread. I thank you for your patience...

The problem with your response is:

1) It doesn't address the subject I'm addressing.

2) It seems you only read the quote I posted with this, which was to emphasize how even one of the most conservative politicians in the US recognizes how police interaction is very biased. But you failed to click any of the links provided.

3) To suggest that being chocked to death is an unavoidable consequence of a person using a fake 20 dollar bill suggest you are demented.

4) To paint a broad picture of black men as being irresponsible shows you to be small minded and self loathing (if you are black) and lack any sense of empathy.

The subject I'm looking to address is simply are "whiners" starting to win or are real issues being addressed and corrected...Not talking about any one persons personal experience.

If you believe that there's no such thing as "systemic injustice" then I can understand why you responded the way you did otherwise I think you simply wanted to derail the conversation.

Last edited by tru-marvell on Jun 11th, 2020 at 10:11 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:06 PM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Or penal system and sentencing is both racist (and sexist). Black men are more likely to get a harsher sentence for the same/similar crime as opposed to a White man. Hispanics tend to fall somewhere in the middle, iirc.

Wealth does factor in too, but it's still slanted.

Just as males are compared to females.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:06 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

it is simplistic to take a single factor as the end of an equation, it is also simplistic to take a majority factor out of a sum and expect the correct result.

Neat, we can consider multiple factors, but the biggest factor is not race thumb up

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

she had as a girl a number of incidents in both Wisconsin and Houston where she suffered unpleasant verbal abuse in predominantly wealthy white suburbs. Just one example.

WTF dude, all ancedotal and not systemic.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:07 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Yup. This is correct.

Despite me being born into very poor circumstances, doing extremely well in school through all levels, and working hard and smart for years, my circumstances have kept me down.

If I was born into a wealthy family that had the money to invest in a start-up software company, I would be a billionaire, obviously. But because of my white dis-privilege, and low-class birth, I have to settle for upper-middle class until I have enough capital to start my own software company in my mid 40s where I may be far too late to the market to actually make anything but paltry earnings because I'm 2 decades too late.
My dad chose to send me to the local comprehensive schools, he could have afforded to send me to a good Private school like he attended. At Primary school very few white students were in my class. Despite the school demographic when I got home I had two educated parents to help me with my homework. I've always been a big friendly guy and I have older big friendly cousins who also had an aggressive streak so I was never bullied. Factors the positive outweighed the negative.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:08 PM
snowdragon

Or penal system and sentencing is both racist (and sexist). Black men are more likely to get a harsher sentence for the same/similar crime as opposed to a White man. Hispanics tend to fall somewhere in the middle, iirc.

Just as males are compared to females.

Far enough, kill the war on drugs then lets look at the numbers.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:08 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

WTF dude, all ancedotal and not systemic.
anecdotal is all I have, it is her experience not mine.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:09 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Far enough, kill the war on drugs then lets look at the numbers.

While I agree and it would likely help some, it wouldn't get ride of the institutional racism.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:10 PM