KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Are SJW winning...or are real injustices being addressed/corrected?

Are SJW winning...or are real injustices being addressed/corrected?
Started by: tru-marvell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Or penal system and sentencing is both racist (and sexist). Black men are more likely to get a harsher sentence for the same/similar crime as opposed to a White man. Hispanics tend to fall somewhere in the middle, iirc.

Wealth does factor in too, but it's still slanted.

Just as males are compared to females.
exactly a black guy's word against a white woman...

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:10 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree our penal system needs improvement. For example men receive 63% longer sentences on average than women do for the same crime. It's wrong.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

While I agree and it would likely help some, it wouldn't get ride of the institutional racism.

Probably because racism is individual. Again show some numbers, I mean just facts not your feefee's.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:14 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
I agree our penal system needs improvement. For example men receive 63% longer sentences on average than women do for the same crime. It's wrong.

Funny how you'll openly acknowledge the gender disparity in sentencing(and there is one as I noted last page), but you won't with the racial disparity. It's almost like you're a bigot with an MRA agenda?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
Probably because racism is individual. Again show some numbers, I mean just facts not your feefee's.
this debate is now in the realm of concepts mate. What numbers are you looking for?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:17 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Funny how you'll openly acknowledge the gender disparity in sentencing(and there is one as I noted last page), but you won't with the racial disparity. It's almost like you're a bigot with an MRA agenda?

^I'm gonna allow someone unintelligent to come agree smile

Can't wait to see the inferior soul who goes first.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by snowdragon

Decent read with a bunch of graphs showing the differences in race vs sentening in regards to same and similar crimes.

https://repository.law.umich.edu/cg...ontext=articles

Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

We (not you and I, the GDF) had this argument on KMC, before. I guess I could find some data.

dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

^I'm gonna allow someone unintelligent to come agree smile

Can't wait to see the inferior soul who goes first.

(please log in to view the image)

It's literally what you just did with your comment and I was just asking the question that needed to be asked.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:20 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah they do, we all have stories of guys we know getting shafted in a divorce or custody case. I got off relatively lightly both times in comparison.That said trust me if you or I were accused of something we would have a better chance in a jury trial in the UK or US than a black guy regardless of similar histories.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:21 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's literally what you just did with your comment and I was just asking the question that needed to be asked.

It's not, but like I said I'm allowing an e-gang member to come agree with you.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:21 PM
SquallX

Originally posted by tru-marvell
To SquallX.....I know it's been all day, but here's my quick retort to your original response to this thread. I thank you for your patience...

The problem with your response is:

1) It doesn't address the subject I'm addressing.

2) It seems you only read the quote I posted with this, which was to emphasize how even one of the most conservative politicians in the US recognizes how police interaction is very biased. But you failed to click any of the links provided.

3) To suggest that being chocked to death is an unavoidable consequence of a person using a fake 20 dollar bill suggest you are demented.

4) To paint a broad picture of black men as being irresponsible shows you to be small minded and self loathing (if you are black) and lack any sense of empathy.

The subject I'm looking to address is simply are "whiners" starting to win or are real issues being addressed and corrected...Not talking about any one persons personal experience.

If you believe that there's no such thing as "systemic injustice" then I can understand why you responded the way you did otherwise I think you simply wanted to derail the conversation.

Like you said, I don’t believe there is systematic racism that is holding black people down, but there lack of responsibilities.

Like i said before, Thomas Sowell, Michael Jordan, Oprah and Barrack Obama missed the memo of systematic racism that should hold them back from prospering in this country.

Is there racism? Of course. But it is individual, not systematic holding us down. If it truly was systemic, why are actually Afrikaans in this country one of the most well off?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:24 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tru-marvell

Again not the conversation I'm looking to have, nonetheless would you not agree the these two practices are in fact systemic injustice?

1. Redlining

2. GI bill not given to black veterans

I'd hate to have to explain how just these two practices has had great adverse effects to the black community.

And as someone sorta pointed out it was government programs which helped to devastate the black family. Again systemic-deliberate programs. Government assistance given to minorities required that the man/father/husband of the family be absent from the household. Families receiving assistance were not allowed to have a savings account. These coupled with many overt practices of denying qualified applicants employment has had generational impacts.

I could site how these things has impacted me personally as my father and two of his brothers along with my maternal uncles all served in the military and how to man they were denied the same benefits that their white counterparts received and were able to build generational wealth through simply owning a home in the early 50's and 60's.

I challenge you and anyone else to do a 2 hour study into the origin and early movement of the Black Panther Party

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 12:33 AM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

GI Bill not given to Black veterans, what are you talking about?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 01:48 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

He’s a complete idiot if he thinks that.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 01:49 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

1.) america had a black president, let's not move the goal post here. Discrediting this discredits the civil rights movement, no one is claiming america is perfect, just that progress has been made.
2.) america was one of the first places in the world to legally make slavery illegal, as opposed to some African and middle eastern countries still practicing it.
3.) red lining is a problem, but so are f.b.i. crime statistics that show young black men's biggest threat when they step out of their door isnt cops it's other black men.
4.)if you control for racial outward appearance by comparing african americans to second generation people from the west indies i.e. jamaica, Barbados, etc. Youll find that on average they make 58% more than there african american counterparts.
5.) 1000 people a year are shot by police, the majority being white, while blacks are slightly disproportionately represented, however this is largely due to the fact blacks often live in urban areas, which are policed more, and have different behavior when driving and being pulled over.
6.) our country exploding in protest has always seemed like a farce when north korea exists. The average north korean is 3.8 inches shorter than his south korean counterpart due to malnutrition due to poor and corrupt centralized planning, they live in constant terror of actual repression from the government, which is simultaneously a cult of personality, meaning it dominates every waking second of every day.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 02:43 AM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tru-marvell

It's simple....MANY black men who sought to purchase homes were denied these low interest loans, esp it they were looking to buy in any "new suburban areas"

BB you're the idiot for not simply doing a little research to verify a statement. I'm not Trump...I don't make statements which are veritably false and then expect/demand people to believe it.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 11:00 AM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Wait, you're talking shit from just after WWII. yeah, New York and New Jersey were racist as hell. they still are IMO.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 11:39 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 11:55 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tru-marvell

Talking about systemic injustice....the impact is generational. But it's you guys who insist on talking about this.
I was asking about the current trend of "apologist' happening now across the country and internationally. For reference please simply follow the links provided in the op

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 12:04 PM