KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Someone explain logically, why Voter ID is racist.

Someone explain logically, why Voter ID is racist.
Started by: wxyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Someone explain logically, why Voter ID is racist.

Title.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 12:31 AM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I’ll play devil’s advocate

Voter Id is racist

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 12:32 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Left is the Devil?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 12:37 AM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Because apparently people of colour are too stupid or lazy or get their own ID. That's basically what I think whenever I hear it. Same type of thing with shit like "Voting guides for muslims" and shit like that. "This is who you can vote for, we think you are too stupid or lazy to form your own opinions so we will lay it out for you who you should vote for."

It's pretty racist, tbh.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 12:38 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree with you, Trocity.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 12:41 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
Because apparently people of colour are too stupid or lazy or get their own ID. That's basically what I think whenever I hear it. Same type of thing with shit like "Voting guides for muslims" and shit like that. "This is who you can vote for, we think you are too stupid or lazy to form your own opinions so we will lay it out for you who you should vote for."

It's pretty racist, tbh.

This but add “too poor to get an id”

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 12:52 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by wxyz
Title.

The logic is that some people of color can not afford to pay the fee for drivers licenses. Or, that they simply don't have them, for whatever reason.

When people of color are judged to be uniquely burdened by something, relative to whites (Or other protected classes), this is called "disparate impact".

The reason for this impact simply does not matter, under this logic. If a disparate number of blacks chose to not vote, for their own reasons, this too would be considered a problem.

I've seen stressing over the fact one group of immigrants simply refused to engage the political process. They would not self advocate, period, and refused all help. This was considered a problem, because it uniquely affected them adversely, and therefore was a "disparate impact".

Or the tl:dr version, because Democrats demand "equality of outcome", and minories with no form of ID do not have an equal outcome to anyone else who has some form of ID.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 01:04 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

What has been FUN has been when Repubs have pretty much said We will Make Getting ID's Free and the Lefty Fascist PhuckHards still go "No That REEEECIST!!!"

Fphuck Lefties.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 01:47 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

I've grown up around plenty of dirt poor white folks that couldn't afford shite, poverty ain't exclusive to POCs.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 01:50 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Thats RACIST TALK MISTER!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 01:51 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Yeah I own that.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 01:51 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

You so gonna wind up in a Re-Education Camp!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 01:53 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Maybe they'll have the good donuts.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 01:55 AM
Flyattractor

Lefties are Full On Health Nazies. The Doughnuts WILL SUCK!

Democrats /Health Nazies want to go Full No Fun Fascists on Your Soda.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 02:03 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by wxyz
The Left is the Devil?
I'm lefty, in the arm and the leg. Fvck you.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 05:41 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Blakemore
I'm lefty, in the arm and the leg. Fvck you.

Yes. We already knew you were incapable of Actually Doing LOGIC!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 05:43 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Trocity

It's pretty racist, tbh.
Too stupid? No. Too poor? Quite possibly, do you dispute that various forms of government identification often cost money? Do you think that people living in poverty can't as readily go out and get one, due to issues with money and lack of transportation?

It's also funny that the biggest "gubment bad" guy (wxyz) on the forum wants the government to regulate who can and can't vote.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 06:38 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by NemeBro
Too stupid? No. Too poor? Quite possibly, do you dispute that various forms of government identification often cost money? Do you think that people living in poverty can't as readily go out and get one, due to issues with money and lack of transportation?

It's also funny that the biggest "gubment bad" guy (wxyz) on the forum wants the government to regulate who can and can't vote.

They do cost money, yeah. They can be around 30-50 dollars, depending on what form you get(at least where I live). I do think it could stop people who live in poverty from purchasing it, but it is a pretty basic necessity. It's often necessary in order to be able to rent a place to live and things of that nature, everyone should have an ID.

The idea that requiring someone to show valid ID in order to vote for the leader of the country is racist is a silly thing to claim regardless.

Last edited by Trocity on Dec 28th, 2020 at 07:09 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 07:05 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

I think it is in part racist because the intend is to disenfranchise more black people (and poor people generally). That is, the politicians advocating for this generally do so for racist reasons, as voter fraud with or without voter id is a negligible problem, while poll taxes are a real and continuous problem in the American democratic process.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 09:00 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Artol
I think it is in part racist because the intend is to disenfranchise more black people (and poor people generally). That is, the politicians advocating for this generally do so for racist reasons, as voter fraud with or without voter id is a negligible problem, while poll taxes are a real and continuous problem in the American democratic process.
thumb up My opinion too.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 09:23 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote