KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mangog vs All Star Superman.

Mangog vs All Star Superman.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
Why?
Why couldn't it just be an average showing?
What heat did Mangog take that is superior to the core of the sun?

In that case we could just assume that Firelord or the Human Torch would beat Mangog right? Where was it ever stated that Mangog was weak to heat? The sun showing was a low showing for him.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2021 11:48 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by Stoic
In that case we could just assume that Firelord or the Human Torch would beat Mangog right? Where was it ever stated that Mangog was weak to heat? The sun showing was a low showing for him.

They are really trying to hard with this sun and heat crap.

Are gas station explosions quantifiable? How about John Deer Lawnmowers? Lemme guess, that lawnmower was made with DC tech therefore its superior?

I love how low showings apply to every single character except for Superman, and then its nothing but his highs every single time. Everything else is consistently brushed aside or ignored.

It was a low showing for Mangog and yall know it was.

Last edited by ShadowFyre on May 1st, 2021 at 12:12 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2021 12:10 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
They are really trying to hard with this sun and heat crap.

Are gas station explosions quantifiable? How about John Deer Lawnmowers? Lemme guess, that lawnmower was made with DC tech therefore its superior?

I love how low showings apply to every single character except for Superman, and then its nothing but his highs every single time. Everything else is consistently brushed aside or ignored.

It was a low showing for Mangog and yall know it was.

That's why I stated that making a case based on a low showing is pretty much pointless. It's like the Thing's apparent KO over the Immortal Hulk somehow outweighs the fact that the Challenger/Grandmaster Prime failed to KO this same Hulk after crushing his face with a punch. This same Hulk laughed that punch off.

Old Post May 1st, 2021 12:25 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Is it a low showing considering they had to hog tie him in unbreakable chains and sacrifice mjolnir just to bfr him in the sun?

Old Post May 1st, 2021 12:33 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

He has no feats against heat temperatures above the core of the sun.
Also suns temperature just doesn't melt Mangog instantly. It might have took a while.

Lastly, your Firelord and Torch examples are faulty.
If those guys can reach temperatures far hotter than the core of the sun ANd for as long as it took it to destroy Mangog then yes they can beat him.

But the problem is that you have to prove they can reach those temperatures and also prove they maintain them before Mangog stomps the living hell out of them. The last bit is pretty hard to prove.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on May 1st, 2021 at 03:40 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2021 03:34 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

And even if it is a low showing and Mangog can survive million degree temperatures for an indefinite amount of time then that does not mean that he can withstand temperatures magnitudes above that.

Old Post May 1st, 2021 03:55 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

This fight would never boil down to something as retarded as heat vision. It would be more about hope versus hate or something.

Old Post May 1st, 2021 07:01 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Is it a low showing considering they had to hog tie him in unbreakable chains and sacrifice mjolnir just to bfr him in the sun?

Plus the entirety of Asgard's arsenal was useless against him.

Old Post May 1st, 2021 07:41 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Plot device. So yes it was.

Originally posted by meep-meep
This fight would never boil down to something as retarded as heat vision. It would be more about hope versus hate or something.

I know. Pretty ridiculous idea to continue clinging to. I wonder how many pages it will take for this retarded notion to wear off? I mean how many comics portray Superman floating there eye beaming his opponent?

He has no feats against heat temperatures above the core of the sun.
Also suns temperature just doesn't melt Mangog instantly. It might have took a while.

Lastly, your Firelord and Torch examples are faulty.
If those guys can reach temperatures far hotter than the core of the sun ANd for as long as it took it to destroy Mangog then yes they can beat him.

But the problem is that you have to prove they can reach those temperatures and also prove they maintain them before Mangog stomps the living hell out of them. The last bit is pretty hard to prove.

See? Tunnel vision.

Old Post May 1st, 2021 08:07 AM
h1a8

I know. Pretty ridiculous idea to continue clinging to. I wonder how many pages it will take for this retarded notion to wear off? I mean how many comics portray Superman floating there eye beaming his opponent?

See? Tunnel vision.

How does saying "Tunnel Vision" prove anything? That is a terrible way to debate.

Old Post May 1st, 2021 11:15 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

No it's not and that's not a example of a plot device. You're reaching

Old Post May 1st, 2021 12:01 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

No it's not and that's not a example of a plot device. You're reaching

Mangog is several times tougher than Thor used to be. It was a low showing. Consider that Thor was diving into the sun for prolonged periods of time and the worst that he felt was that his eyes were burning. Again, it was a low showing, and the sun was the plot device. Think before posting.

Old Post May 1st, 2021 12:20 PM
DarkSaint85

How do you know it was prolonged periods of time?

Old Post May 1st, 2021 12:31 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

because he fought inside of one in the very same series under the same writer.

And because he has been shown hanging out in it like stoic said, chatting and thinking about it.

He has thrown Mjolnkr into and around the sun a few times.

Yall just love lowballing anything Asgard related and we all know it. Its ok, but don't pretend like thats not what yall are doing.

Im probably one of the few Marvel fans who knows that Superman is at least a couple tiers above Thor. Thats set in stone for me, and it honestly should be for everyone because its plain as day to see so I dont understand why people even resort to lowballing Thor or Asgard stuff in these matches because Clark has the feats to win 80% of the time if we just use averages like we are SUPPOSED to do.

Old Post May 1st, 2021 01:13 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
because he fought inside of one in the very same series under the same writer.

And because he has been shown hanging out in it like stoic said, chatting and thinking about it.

He has thrown Mjolnkr into and around the sun a few times.

Yall just love lowballing anything Asgard related and we all know it. Its ok, but don't pretend like thats not what yall are doing.

Im probably one of the few Marvel fans who knows that Superman is at least a couple tiers above Thor. Thats set in stone for me, and it honestly should be for everyone because its plain as day to see so I dont understand why people even resort to lowballing Thor or Asgard stuff in these matches because Clark has the feats to win 80% of the time if we just use averages like we are SUPPOSED to do.

Not my question. But thanks.

Old Post May 1st, 2021 01:32 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Mangog is several times tougher than Thor used to be. It was a low showing. Consider that Thor was diving into the sun for prolonged periods of time and the worst that he felt was that his eyes were burning. Again, it was a low showing, and the sun was the plot device. Think before posting.

Was Thor ever shown to be in the core of the sun for a long period? Like I said it's not a low showing considering the build up. Plus writers intent that the only way to defeat him was to bfr and tie him up and sacrifice a plot weapon. Plus you're misinterpreting the scene with Thor. Sure he was in the sun searching for mjolnir but it's obvious he's in pain. It's not like he could've stayed there forever

Old Post May 1st, 2021 03:31 PM
h1a8

Mangog doesn't have to necessarily be tougher when it comes withstanding heat. He can be tougher when it comes to physical strikes and what not.

Like i said. Thor burning in the sun doesn't mean that Mangog coukd survive forever in the sun.

He most likely won't die right away though.

Old Post May 1st, 2021 08:00 PM
Aakla

I could be mistaken but Mangog and the whole Sun thing was because in the sun there is no hate so he is weakened. he is still there but without the hate to feed his rage he is just binge watching tv shows and stuff.
well until AllBlack the necrosword is thrown into the sun in the future.

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 01:09 AM
Aakla is currently offline Click here to Send Aakla a Private Message Find more posts by Aakla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

No, it's because Sun is really hot

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 03:45 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

How does saying "Tunnel Vision" prove anything? That is a terrible way to debate.

When in character does Superman float there and use HV for the entire fight? You're arguing power set. Look in the mirror.

Was Thor ever shown to be in the core of the sun for a long period? Like I said it's not a low showing considering the build up. Plus writers intent that the only way to defeat him was to bfr and tie him up and sacrifice a plot weapon. Plus you're misinterpreting the scene with Thor. Sure he was in the sun searching for mjolnir but it's obvious he's in pain. It's not like he could've stayed there forever

Several people aren't convinced that the core is actually the hottest part of the sun. Some believe that the corona is. We'd need the writers opinion. The point is that Thor repeatedly dove into the sun looking for Mjolnir. Other writers had classic Thor basking in the sun with no issue, which again goes to show you that you can't make a solid case based on one showing. Mangog is, and has always been far tougher than Thor.

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 09:49 AM