KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mangog vs All Star Superman.

Mangog vs All Star Superman.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
How do you know it was prolonged periods of time?

The Mjolnir replicas took time to be destroyed by the heat. The writer was an ass. Imagine Thor being able to survive, while Mangog and Mjolnir could not. Using that story to solidify a case against Mjolnir, or Mangog is faulty logic unless we dismiss their previous showings. If that be the case, let's go back to Orion in the box, Hulk and the anaconda, Superman and the tractor, Wonder Woman and the bullets, etc.

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 09:55 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yes, but my question was, how do you know Thor was in there for prolonged periods of time? How do you know it took time for the hammerst o be destroyed?

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 10:10 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Because they were meant to last long enough to help him find Mjolnir, and get him out of the sun. Was there a citation of an actual stopwatch logging the time that he was in the sun? Of course not, but he continued his search and went through several of those replicas. There were quite a few of them, so we know that he could take the heat for a while.

Do you really want to continue onward with this one showing? So many characters have poor showings that it is easy to grab one in any given debate and pretend as if they didn't have better showings under different writers. Let's see how many pages it takes to change direction. This could become comical.

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 10:27 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Stoic
Because they were meant to last long enough to help him find Mjolnir, and get him out of the sun. Was there a citation of an actual stopwatch logging the time that he was in the sun? Of course not, but he continued his search and went through several of those replicas. There were quite a few of them, so we know that he could take the heat for a while.

Do you really want to continue onward with this one showing? So many characters have poor showings that it is easy to grab one in any given debate and pretend as if they didn't have better showings under different writers. Let's see how many pages it takes to change direction. This could become comical.

He only went in with one hammer at a time. Then had to leave after it melted.

What is comical, is your initial point which I asked about :

Consider that Thor was diving into the sun for prolonged periods of time and the worst that he felt was that his eyes were burning.

If there is a lake filled with strong acid, and I dived in every day until my clothes melted and my eyes began to burn.....I mean, sure, that's a great feat for my HF/medical care if I came back the next day to do the same thing, but it says nothing about how long I was in there for.

I agree, it IS a low showing. NEVER said it wasn't (this goes to you too, Shadowfyre, even though you jumped in willy-nilly lmao). I am merely addressing the 'logic' being used, that staying in there until his hammer (singular) melts and his eyes roast means that he's there for a prolonged period of time.

When it could have been a minute, 10 seconds, 5 seconds, hell, even 2 seconds or so.

We know, for example, that his new hammers are nothing like Mjolnir. Nowhere near durable - he kept breaking them. So we don't really know how durable they are, certainly not against heat.

A reminder of the scene:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 10:59 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnificent M

All this talk about Mangog and the sun, didn't he tank a sun-powered weapon or somesuch, prior to this, under the same writer?

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 02:22 PM
Magnificent M is currently offline Find more posts by Magnificent M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

He only went in with one hammer at a time. Then had to leave after it melted.

What is comical, is your initial point which I asked about :

If there is a lake filled with strong acid, and I dived in every day until my clothes melted and my eyes began to burn.....I mean, sure, that's a great feat for my HF/medical care if I came back the next day to do the same thing, but it says nothing about how long I was in there for.

I agree, it IS a low showing. NEVER said it wasn't (this goes to you too, Shadowfyre, even though you jumped in willy-nilly lmao). I am merely addressing the 'logic' being used, that staying in there until his hammer (singular) melts and his eyes roast means that he's there for a prolonged period of time.

When it could have been a minute, 10 seconds, 5 seconds, hell, even 2 seconds or so.

We know, for example, that his new hammers are nothing like Mjolnir. Nowhere near durable - he kept breaking them. So we don't really know how durable they are, certainly not against heat.

A reminder of the scene:

(please log in to view the image)
side note, does this mean that thor is now stronger than the Hulk? The strongest being in all the 10 realms

and he can’t withstand the Sun’s heat. Marvel is weak. Smh.

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 03:35 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

When in character does Superman float there and use HV for the entire fight? You're arguing power set. Look in the mirror.

Several people aren't convinced that the core is actually the hottest part of the sun. Some believe that the corona is. We'd need the writers opinion. The point is that Thor repeatedly dove into the sun looking for Mjolnir. Other writers had classic Thor basking in the sun with no issue, which again goes to show you that you can't make a solid case based on one showing. Mangog is, and has always been far tougher than Thor.

I didn't once argue that Superman sits there and hv him. I didn't argue ANY strategy for either character.

Superman will reserve the right to sit there and hv Mangog IF he finds out that is the only way (he exhausted other means).

Superman will first attempt to ko Mangog with punches, etc. Maybe think about bfr or hv after that.

The core is hotter than the corona. The corona is about 2 million degrees. The core is about 15-27 million degrees. (up to 10x hotter). The surface is cold as hell though (6 thousand degrees).
Thor most likely flew through the corona (plunging into the surface) faster than it can affect him (like swinging your hand quickly through a flame.

Thor didn't reach the core. He was subjected to temperatures probably somewhere between 6k and 2 million degrees.

Classic characters kinda don't count anymore since current characters contradict them in several ways. Classic days are considered to be like pre-crisis days (writers had and used no actual science understanding and had characters do ridiculous inconsistent things).

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 04:12 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Thor was subjected to 6k and higher (unknown) for an unknown amount of time. Thor didn't reach the core.

Mangog was subjected to the core (15-27 million degrees) for a long ass time.
This is a huge difference. There is no inconsistency.

Thats even faulty assuming that toughness against blunt attacks scale equally to toughness against heat.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 04:18 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Diesldude
side note, does this mean that thor is now stronger than the Hulk? The strongest being in all the 10 realms

and he can’t withstand the Sun’s heat. Marvel is weak. Smh.

One writer doesn't necessarily dictate the status of a character across the Marvel world. Plus as a statement it's not really feasible against actual feats. If a character for whichever reason calls Spider-Man the strongest (say a relative etc as they look up to him) would you take that as literally as you are this?

When people are narrating in that sense he isn't gonna go "My beloved son, besides from the Hulk, Dracula with Dual Adamantium Katanas and Thanos you are the strongest being in all the 10 realms". That wouldn't be something that someone who appreciates a person would say.

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 10:11 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

I also wanted to add "a sickly badger and an anorexic ant into that list but it wont let me edit my post.

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 10:13 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

My mom says I'm the handsomest boy.

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 10:23 PM
MrMind

My mom says I'm the handsomest boy.

you really are

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 10:41 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Mom?

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 10:50 PM
Diesldude

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
One writer doesn't necessarily dictate the status of a character across the Marvel world. Plus as a statement it's not really feasible against actual feats. If a character for whichever reason calls Spider-Man the strongest (say a relative etc as they look up to him) would you take that as literally as you are this?

When people are narrating in that sense he isn't gonna go "My beloved son, besides from the Hulk, Dracula with Dual Adamantium Katanas and Thanos you are the strongest being in all the 10 realms". That wouldn't be something that someone who appreciates a person would say.
I had asked a question knowing how someone would have talked about it for weeks on end if this was said about the hulk. thumb up

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 11:02 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Mom?

it's dad

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 11:02 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by h1a8
I didn't once argue that Superman sits there and hv him. I didn't argue ANY strategy for either character.

Superman will reserve the right to sit there and hv Mangog IF he finds out that is the only way (he exhausted other means).

Superman will first attempt to ko Mangog with punches, etc. Maybe think about bfr or hv after that.

The core is hotter than the corona. The corona is about 2 million degrees. The core is about 15-27 million degrees. (up to 10x hotter). The surface is cold as hell though (6 thousand degrees).
Thor most likely flew through the corona (plunging into the surface) faster than it can affect him (like swinging your hand quickly through a flame.

Thor didn't reach the core. He was subjected to temperatures probably somewhere between 6k and 2 million degrees.

Classic characters kinda don't count anymore since current characters contradict them in several ways. Classic days are considered to be like pre-crisis days (writers had and used no actual science understanding and had characters do ridiculous inconsistent things).

Could've swore you were hellbent on the corona being hotter a couple of weeks back as I stated that it was the core that was hotter? You're an ass. Deal with it.

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 01:53 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by h1a8
Thor was subjected to 6k and higher (unknown) for an unknown amount of time. Thor didn't reach the core.

Mangog was subjected to the core (15-27 million degrees) for a long ass time.
This is a huge difference. There is no inconsistency.

Thats even faulty assuming that toughness against blunt attacks scale equally to toughness against heat.

You can tell all of that based on that one scan huh?

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 01:55 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

A reminder of the scene:

https://i.postimg.cc/mDrcGh43/RCO004-1553091544.jpg

Even if not for a prolonged period of time, 10 secs or less really sounds silly. The sun is humongous and he's literally looking for pieces of Mjolnir in a place whose volume is over a million times greater than earth's. It'd be basically useless to travel a few secs and then out.

He could also have been calling in hammers to him while still inside as soon as the one he is using became useless. We dont know for sure, but i'd lean more to prolonged than the abbreviated version u are proposing.
In one of the scans, we see some of the other hammers havent even completely melted from previous attempts, while he's back at it again searching. I'm sure a majority of them had decent staying power, enough for him to stay inside for a prolonged period of time.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

The hammers were no Mjolnir, but Mjolnir getting destroyed really is a low showing based on its history with stars. Same goes for Thor. They have a long history of star swimming.
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 09:28 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Ok...not my point though, but thanks

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 09:45 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot

I mean it is Odin saying Thor is stronger than him though, and Thor is dying trying to dive into the sun. Seems a bit weird.
And even if the mightiest in 10 realms is hyperbole, the other part is still an admission seemingly.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Last edited by Juntai on May 3rd, 2021 at 11:26 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2021 11:24 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote