KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Order these guys by striking

Order these guys by striking
Started by: HumbleServant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psychotron
Kurse was clearly not faster or more agile and never desplayed any particular H2H skill. Swatting Mjolnir away is a better striking feat than anything Hulk has done tbh.

thumb down

Slapping Mjolnir away is a much better feat. When Thor threw Mjolnir at Hulk he was completely overpowered and sent flying with the mallet.

thumb down

Originally posted by FrothByte

As for Mjolnir, Hulk grabbed Mjolnir and tried to wield it. He failed because he wasn't worthy. Kurse never tried to wield Mjolnir, simply slapped it away to redirect its trajectory. And slapping away a 50 pound hammer is nowhere close to requiring the same striking power as stopping a leviathan with a single direct punch.

thumb up

Originally posted by KingD19
The same thing that happened to Hulk happened to Quicksilver in Age of Ultron. He wasn't worthy and got snatched in slow-motion. So that's proof strength doesn't matter when it comes to the worthy enchantment. And also proof that the Kurse swipe can't be compared because he didn't grab the hammer.

thumb up

Old Post May 16th, 2021 08:43 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Rewatch the Kurse vs. Thor fight. Kurse backfists Thor as Thor charges him from the back. Then Kurse blocks and catches Thor's first punch in mid air. At some point after Thor knocks Kurse back with a punch, Kurse ducks underneath Thor's follow-up punch with a bob and weave and lateral movement that would make Mike Tyson proud.

All of these take skill, precision, and very fast reflexes, especially considering that Thor is pretty skilled himself. Which makes Kurse a lot more skilled than Hulk who has trouble even hitting Thor, nevermind actually avoiding hits from Thor.

As for Mjolnir, Hulk grabbed Mjolnir and tried to wield it. He failed because he wasn't worthy. Kurse never tried to wield Mjolnir, simply slapped it away to redirect its trajectory. And slapping away a 50 pound hammer is nowhere close to requiring the same striking power as stopping a leviathan with a single direct punch.

I did. If you thank that's some bedazzling display of skill you need to watch more combat sports. Comaping Kurse's slow ass to Mike Tyson is just sacrilege. And by the way, backfisting a charging Thor shows a massive strength difference.

Mjolnir flies with a lot more force than you give it credit for. Thor's hammer throws were shredding Frost giants like they were made of paper. When Mjolnir fell to Earth it made a crater. Mjolnir knocked the Destroyer around and down, in the Dark World it flew with enough force to cause sonic booms and shock waves that damaged nearby buildings. Surtur was knocked around, even Thanos has been knoced back by Mjolnir. Swatting it away is a great feat. The only character that has ever no-sold Mjolnir is Hela.

Old Post May 16th, 2021 02:36 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I did. If you thank that's some bedazzling display of skill you need to watch more combat sports. Comaping Kurse's slow ass to Mike Tyson is just sacrilege. And by the way, backfisting a charging Thor shows a massive strength difference.

Mjolnir flies with a lot more force than you give it credit for. Thor's hammer throws were shredding Frost giants like they were made of paper. When Mjolnir fell to Earth it made a crater. Mjolnir knocked the Destroyer around and down, in the Dark World it flew with enough force to cause sonic booms and shock waves that damaged nearby buildings. Surtur was knocked around, even Thanos has been knoced back by Mjolnir. Swatting it away is a great feat. The only character that has ever no-sold Mjolnir is Hela.

I never said Kurse had "bedazzling" skill, but you're also allowing yourself to get fooled by Kurse's bulk without paying attention to his actual feats. If you don't think bobbing and weaving under a punch (thrown by a skilled figher) then sidestepping far enough around the fighter to end up in their blindside yet still being close enough to land a punch is an impressive skill feat, then YOU need to learn about combat sports and combat in general.

Doing something like that is hard enough that not all professional boxers could accomplish it. Tyson was famous for doing it because he used switching footwork to do so (which very few boxers do) and was one of the top 5 fastest heavyweights in his prime. It's not as easy as you might think.

I'm not saying Kurse is the most skilled fighter in the MCU. But he is far more skilled than Hulk and far more skilled than you give him credit for.

As for swatting Mjolnir aside, that's not the same as stopping it in its tracks like Hela. Kurse never completely stopped a hit from Mjolnir, he simply parried it, redirecting it's trajectory. Loki does this all the time when he parries and deflects Thor's hits with Mjolnir. Thanos has deflected it a few times as well.

I'm actually surprised to be having this conversation with you. As someone who has mentioned multiple times in the past that they had some form of martial arts background, I was expecting better from you. Anyone who's had some decent form of fight training knows that parrying a hit does not take as much strength as trying to stop it head on.

Last edited by FrothByte on May 16th, 2021 at 05:07 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2021 04:53 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Kurse didn't really give Thor a chance to do anything by overwhelming him from the start with his superior physical power, but yes, Kurse is probably more skilled than Hulk because he's not a retarded rage monster. He didn't use much skill against Thor, however.

Slapping Mjolnir away is a much better feat. When Thor threw Mjolnir at Hulk he was completely overpowered and sent flying with the mallet.

Lol... you are a hater.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 16th, 2021 10:59 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K-Dog

Kurse slapping Mjolnir away would be number one, unless, as it was suggested a long time ago here, that the dark elves magic and powers acted in a way that was anti-or countering to the Asgardian powers and enchantments. Even so, his beat down of Thor would be enough IMO to be number 1.

Edit: The way he backhanded the hammer was different than deflecting a handheld strike. Completely different situation. That’s the same or close as outright stopping it.

Last edited by K-Dog on May 17th, 2021 at 01:06 AM

Old Post May 17th, 2021 01:01 AM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Rewatch the Kurse vs. Thor fight. Kurse backfists Thor as Thor charges him from the back. Then Kurse blocks and catches Thor's first punch in mid air. At some point after Thor knocks Kurse back with a punch, Kurse ducks underneath Thor's follow-up punch with a bob and weave and lateral movement that would make Mike Tyson proud.

All of these take skill, precision, and very fast reflexes, especially considering that Thor is pretty skilled himself. Which makes Kurse a lot more skilled than Hulk who has trouble even hitting Thor, nevermind actually avoiding hits from Thor.

Kurse knocked the hammer away a long distance, this is after he defeated its forward momentum. He didn't parry it.

Hulk did not stop the leviathan with a punch. He didn't even slow it down more than 40% with a punch.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on May 17th, 2021 at 10:42 AM

Old Post May 17th, 2021 10:39 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by h1a8
Kurse knocked the hammer away a long distance, this is after he defeated its forward momentum. He didn't parry it.

Hulk did not stop the leviathan with a punch. He didn't even slow it down more than 40% with a punch.

If Kurse had completely stopped its forward momentum then it should have stopped flying then and there and simply dropped to the floor or stayed put in the air (like what Hela did). That it continued to fly in a different direction means that its forward momentum was simply redirected, not stopped. That's what a parry does, it redirects a hit away from you.

You should probably stop posting things about stuff you don't know about.

Last edited by FrothByte on May 17th, 2021 at 06:50 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2021 06:42 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by K-Dog

Edit: The way he backhanded the hammer was different than deflecting a handheld strike. Completely different situation. That’s the same or close as outright stopping it.

Assuming that you have the speed, skill and reflexes necessary, which of these two situations do you think takes more strength to accomplish:

a. Slapping aside a knife that was thrown at you by a big, strong fighter
b. Slapping aside the same knife while the big, strong fighter has it in his hand and trying to stab you with it

Old Post May 17th, 2021 07:15 PM
K-Dog

I think slapping or blocking it in Thor’s hand is actually easier, Because when it is thrown, it works under its own power, or the Odin enchantment, which is stronger than Thor’s strength—Probably to the same extent that it is immovable by anyone else when at rest.

Old Post May 18th, 2021 01:26 AM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by K-Dog
I think slapping or blocking it in Thor’s hand is actually easier, Because when it is thrown, it works under its own power, or the Odin enchantment, which is stronger than Thor’s strength—Probably to the same extent that it is immovable by anyone else when at rest.

In other words you think it's useless for Thor to actually throw the thing because Mjolnir can fly faster and harder on its own than he can ever throw it?

Old Post May 18th, 2021 02:35 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

So why would Thor even bother throwing it then?

Old Post May 18th, 2021 02:35 AM
K-Dog

He uses it to fly, he can will it to come back when he wants, he can probably lessen the throw force by his will if he wants—I don’t know—we have to use screen feats. Obviously it travels by more that purely his throw, because it comes back to him. Can it return with more force than he throws it away? Which one is stronger? Or do they both have some Odin power? I don’t know.

Old Post May 18th, 2021 02:46 AM
Psychotron

I never said Kurse had "bedazzling" skill, but you're also allowing yourself to get fooled by Kurse's bulk without paying attention to his actual feats. If you don't think bobbing and weaving under a punch (thrown by a skilled figher) then sidestepping far enough around the fighter to end up in their blindside yet still being close enough to land a punch is an impressive skill feat, then YOU need to learn about combat sports and combat in general.

Doing something like that is hard enough that not all professional boxers could accomplish it. Tyson was famous for doing it because he used switching footwork to do so (which very few boxers do) and was one of the top 5 fastest heavyweights in his prime. It's not as easy as you might think.

I'm not saying Kurse is the most skilled fighter in the MCU. But he is far more skilled than Hulk and far more skilled than you give him credit for.

As for swatting Mjolnir aside, that's not the same as stopping it in its tracks like Hela. Kurse never completely stopped a hit from Mjolnir, he simply parried it, redirecting it's trajectory. Loki does this all the time when he parries and deflects Thor's hits with Mjolnir. Thanos has deflected it a few times as well.

I'm actually surprised to be having this conversation with you. As someone who has mentioned multiple times in the past that they had some form of martial arts background, I was expecting better from you. Anyone who's had some decent form of fight training knows that parrying a hit does not take as much strength as trying to stop it head on.

You don't need to tell me about combat sports, I've been watching and practicing them since before I was on this board. Kurse displayed some skills, which only got the better of Thor because he was much stronger than him. Francis Ngannou isn't as good as Stipe Miocic in terms of pure skills but he overwhelemed him easily and quickly in their second fight thanks to being bigger and much stronger. Same thing happened to Thor. Kurse being more skilled than Hulk is obvious, but literally every character in the movies is more skilled than Hulk.

First of all, Thor holds back against Loki, so parrying Thor's blows isn't that impressive. Second, Loki was terrified when Thor called Mjolnir and placed Loki (larping as Odin) between himself and the hammer to the point where he revealed his ruse. And, as I already mentioned, Thanos has been knocked around by a flying Mjolnir.

Like K-Dog said, when Mjolnir is called it's Odin's enchantment that powers it. We've seen that the enchantment makes the hammer cause sonic booms, which shatter windows, when it's trying to get back to Thor. In the Dark World it flew so fast it caught fire. Casually backhanding it like that (far less powerful than a straight punch) is a great feat.

Originally posted by carver9
Lol... you are a hater.

If you're talking about Hulk I actually like the character. Immortal Hulk is probably the only decent comic right now. MCU Hulk is shit and a jobber.

Old Post May 18th, 2021 04:02 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

You don't need to tell me about combat sports, I've been watching and practicing them since before I was on this board. Kurse displayed some skills, which only got the better of Thor because he was much stronger than him. Francis Ngannou isn't as good as Stipe Miocic in terms of pure skills but he overwhelemed him easily and quickly in their second fight thanks to being bigger and much stronger. Same thing happened to Thor. Kurse being more skilled than Hulk is obvious, but literally every character in the movies is more skilled than Hulk.

First of all, Thor holds back against Loki, so parrying Thor's blows isn't that impressive. Second, Loki was terrified when Thor called Mjolnir and placed Loki (larping as Odin) between himself and the hammer to the point where he revealed his ruse. And, as I already mentioned, Thanos has been knocked around by a flying Mjolnir.

Like K-Dog said, when Mjolnir is called it's Odin's enchantment that powers it. We've seen that the enchantment makes the hammer cause sonic booms, which shatter windows, when it's trying to get back to Thor. In the Dark World it flew so fast it caught fire. Casually backhanding it like that (far less powerful than a straight punch) is a great feat.

If you're talking about Hulk I actually like the character. Immortal Hulk is probably the only decent comic right now. MCU Hulk is shit and a jobber.

Yes, I remember you mentioned you had fight training... which is why it's weird how you can say something so incorrect and ill informed as this:

quote:
Kurse was clearly not faster or more agile and never desplayed any particular H2H skill

So either you're not as knowledgeable about combat sports as you claim or you didn't rewatch the Thor vs. Kurse fight prior to answering.

I never claimed Kurse was more skilled than Thor. I absolutely agree that he dominated Thor more on toughness and strength. But your claim that Kurse "never displayed any particular h2h skill" is just plain wrong, as he clearly displayed some pretty decent skill in his fight against Thor. You don't need to do flying kicks in order to be skilled you know. It's also very difficult for him to dodge and catch Thor's hits like he did if he wasn't at least close to Thor's speed. And being able to backhand Mjolnir is still more of a skill & speed/agility feat than outright strength.

Don't get me wrong, you obviously need to be quite strong to be able to parry Mjolnir like that, but you wouldn't need anywhere near the kind of strength to completely halt Mjolnir in its tracks like Hela did.

As for Loki about to take a Mjolnir hit to the face in Ragnarok, that was Thor already calling Mjolnir back to him while he had Loki unarmed and locked in his grip. Completely not the same scenario as an armed Loki ready to fight Thor and able to parry hits.

Last edited by FrothByte on May 18th, 2021 at 07:23 AM

Old Post May 18th, 2021 07:17 AM
h1a8

If Kurse had completely stopped its forward momentum then it should have stopped flying then and there and simply dropped to the floor or stayed put in the air (like what Hela did). That it continued to fly in a different direction means that its forward momentum was simply redirected, not stopped. That's what a parry does, it redirects a hit away from you.

You should probably stop posting things about stuff you don't know about.

You don't even understand basic physics and vectors. Swatting an object in the opposite direction of its motion DEFEATS the object's forward momentum.

It is MORE than stopping it. It's stopping it AND adding momentum to it in the opposite direction.

If the angle between the old path and the new path is larger than 90 degrees then the vector is completely cancelled (forward momentum was stopped). If the angle is less than 90 degrees then it is a PARRY.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 18th, 2021 10:33 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

^
Trust him, he once 'proved' bullets hit with a PSI of 313 millions tons. using his math.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 18th, 2021 10:41 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

😂

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 18th, 2021 11:46 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by h1a8
You don't even understand basic physics and vectors. Swatting an object in the opposite direction of its motion DEFEATS the object's forward momentum.

It is MORE than stopping it. It's stopping it AND adding momentum to it in the opposite direction.

If the angle between the old path and the new path is larger than 90 degrees then the vector is completely cancelled (forward momentum was stopped). If the angle is less than 90 degrees then it is a PARRY.

Prove to me that Kurse swatted Mjolnir in the "opposite" direction that it was moving.

Old Post May 18th, 2021 04:48 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Kurse swatting and deflecting Mjolnir to the side is far more impressive than Hulk's showings against Mjolnir , but I took Kurse being able to do that, due to being a living-weapon created to counter Asgardians and not just a feat of pure brute strength.

IIRC, Malekith says something to that nature.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 18th, 2021 07:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The feats aren't comparable though. Hulk tried to catch it by the thong/ handle, meaning the enchantment activated and he wasn't worthy. Kurse slapped it by the head with a closed fist meaning it didn't have the worthy enchantment active when he did. Hulk has never tried to swat it out of the way.

Old Post May 18th, 2021 07:51 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote