KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Jiraiya vs Kisame

Jiraiya vs Kisame
Started by: wakkawakkawakka

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

Jiraiya vs Kisame

My birthday was on the 9th.....yay go me smile

But in all seriousness I really wonder who would win between these two S nin. Both have everything they have shown in their arsenal however start off in their base forms.

So I was wondering who would win between the Sannin and perhaps the strongest of the Seven Swordsman. I know both Kisame and Itachi stated that they would only stalemate Jiraiya in Part 1 however both have shown stuff that would give Jiraiya hell.....just wondering if that statement still holds.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 03:58 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Well in regards to Itachi's statement, Lol to the amount of stomping the two of together would do against Jiraya.

That all said, I'm gonna go with Jiraiya vs Kisame alone.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 04:19 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Really? I though Kisame would have better odds. However the Frog Song genjutsu could probably give Jiraiya the win.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 05:02 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Not just that. Natural chakra can't be absorbed, which is Kisame's main method of fighting. Though yeah, the genjutsu is haxxed, though it requires set up time and isn't spammable.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 05:21 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

^ Sage Chakra can be absorbed. Though if Samehada absorbs too much of it, it will turn to stone. Then again, this is unlikely given Kisame's level chakra.

That said, Jiraiya needs Sage mode to win.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 05:37 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Jiraya would one-shot Kisame on sage mode.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 06:33 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Obviously.

Though rereading through certain arcs has got me thinking about something.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v40/c369/5.html

How come Jiraiya never uses this in combat?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 06:33 PM
Q99

It involved seals and holding his hand on someone's forehead. I doubt it'd work on an unrestrained foe.

---

Jiraiya's going to learn fairly quickly to use more physical jutsu, and also he's fire-based, samehada doesn't like fire. He's very high level in taijutsu to begin with, and with Sage Mode, he's flat-out better than Kisame.

Thanks to his variety, he can avoid playing to Kisame's strengths and outmatch him in some key areas. I'd say Jiraiya gets a fairly solid victory.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 06:38 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I do wonder how Jiraiya will deal with the Samehada fusion. However, I guess I can agree that Jiraiya wins. Though I don't like Kisame being underrated.....I like the guy.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 07:05 PM
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Jiraya would one-shot Kisame on sage mode.

Nah.

Originally posted by Q99
It involved seals and holding his hand on someone's forehead. I doubt it'd work on an unrestrained foe.

---

Jiraiya's going to learn fairly quickly to use more physical jutsu, and also he's fire-based, samehada doesn't like fire. He's very high level in taijutsu to begin with, and with Sage Mode, he's flat-out better than Kisame.

Thanks to his variety, he can avoid playing to Kisame's strengths and outmatch him in some key areas. I'd say Jiraiya gets a fairly solid victory.

Kisame's Water jutsu would work against his Fire jutsu, and Samehada not liking Fire does little to stop it from doing its job.
He's great in Taijutsu, but so is Kisame.

With Sage Mode, he'd get his victory. Otherwise, Kisame does him in.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I do wonder how Jiraiya will deal with the Samehada fusion. However, I guess I can agree that Jiraiya wins. Though I don't like Kisame being underrated.....I like the guy.

He could try summoning one of the Boss Toads, and then use it to attempt an escape from the Water Dome.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Oct 11th, 2011 at 07:20 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 07:17 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Jiraiya should just use the frog-stomach technique like the 1st time. Kisame has no defense.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2011 07:28 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Frankly I see regular Jiraya winning the majority in a close battle, Kisame with his sword fusion would be trouble then. With Sage mode, Jiraya wins a solid majority.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 12th, 2011 06:49 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Bentley
Frankly I see regular Jiraya winning the majority in a close battle, Kisame with his sword fusion would be trouble then. With Sage mode, Jiraya wins a solid majority.

That pretty much sums up my perspective, as well.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2011 06:57 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Kisame's Water jutsu would work against his Fire jutsu, and Samehada not liking Fire does little to stop it from doing its job.
He's great in Taijutsu, but so is Kisame.

I dunno, wounding Samehada and taking it out of the picture strikes me as pretty useful.

Also Jiraiya has Earth as well, which naturally trumps Water.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2011 07:42 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Q99
I dunno, wounding Samehada and taking it out of the picture strikes me as pretty useful.

Also Jiraiya has Earth as well, which naturally trumps Water.

He'd have to use a number of Fire jutsu to take it out. Itachi's fire jutsu just annoyed it as far as I can tell.

Kisame has Earth as well if I'm not mistaken. So Kisame would have the advantage in Elemental jutsu.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2011 02:24 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Of course why he would need to when he could just go Sage Mode and let Samehada kill itself is beyond me.

He has one technique that lets him travel underground. Hardly gives him what I'd call the advantage.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2011 02:54 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Not if Samehada transfers some of that Sage chakra back into Kisame. Not that it matters, since Sage Mode Jiraiya would win anyway.

Jiraiya has one tech that makes a swamp. That too qualifies as 'hardly gives him what I'd call the advantage'. no expression

Old Post Oct 12th, 2011 09:33 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Swamp that can do stuff> Dig a tunnel no jutsu.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2011 10:09 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Right, it can sink someone that can use Earth jutsu to swim at a very high speed.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2011 10:22 PM
Q99

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
He'd have to use a number of Fire jutsu to take it out. Itachi's fire jutsu just annoyed it as far as I can tell.

Or a stronger one than a normal fireball.

Jiraiya does have some much bigger fire attacks, especially when a toad is involved.

quote:

Kisame has Earth as well if I'm not mistaken. So Kisame would have the advantage in Elemental jutsu.

I wouldn't say that. They both have one element that's disadvantaged and one elemental that's not. The disadvantaged one Jiraiya has still has a very specific helpful use, and with earth Kisame's only shown a relatively low-level support jutsu, while Jiraiya's shown both a bigger jutsu and earth-swords (used to finish off the genjutsu'd Pains). I'd suspect Jiraiya has more as well.

Jiraiya has non-elemental attacks like his hair ones, which use nice physical needles, aside from any elemental jutsu.

Last edited by Q99 on Oct 13th, 2011 at 04:06 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2011 04:04 PM