KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » best friends of the opposite sex. complicated or not? discuss

best friends of the opposite sex. complicated or not? discuss
Started by: Lara

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lara
Belladonna

best friends of the opposite sex. complicated or not? discuss

Ok ppl. Whats that verdict and where do you draw the line?

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 08:01 PM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Nah, easy cakes.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 08:04 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Most of my friends are the opposite sex. It works as long as the lines aren't crossed.

My family is all guys and all my cousins are all guys except for one older female cousin. I moved a lot and most of my neighbors were all guys so for me, it's easier to hang out with guys. I understand them better.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 08:18 PM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

It all depends on attraction, for me. I can't be "just friends" with a woman that I'm attracted too. I'm a jealous hearted person, and having to put up with the fact that a girl I like is being cornholed by some other ******* isn't something I can stomach. So, if a girl I like doesn't feel the same about me, I prefer to keep my distance.

I could feasibly be just friends with a girl who liked me, but I didn't like back. But, for the sake of having consistent principles, I generally keep my distance from women whom don't have mutual feelings with me.

So yah, that's pretty much where I draw the line.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 08:47 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

Gonna agree with Blax mostly.

My own thoughts:

I'll be friends with a girl who I don't like romantically and who also doesn't like me romantically if she's willing to be treated like I treat my guy friends. (very harshly)
It's only complicated if you try to hang out when one person likes another. Also for most guys they only stay friends with females for the future possibility of romance or just sex.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 09:13 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Blax and Harry Burns said it best:

But there is an amendment:

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 09:48 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Except for when the best friend of the opposite sex is gay...

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 10:13 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Hence, why women have so many gay friends.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 10:31 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

What, one 'o them queerosexuals? Yeah, maybe in France nancyboy, but not in Uh Merica.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 10:31 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

men and women cannot be friends, generally speaking.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 10:35 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

oh, all you men with prehistoric brains

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 10:52 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha Male
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: best friends of the opposite sex. complicated or not? discuss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lara
Ok ppl. Whats that verdict and where do you draw the line?

Most men who are 'best friends' with a female are either betas or have been dumped by her and are prepared to be in her life as a *****. Both types of male deserve to dire for having watched to much Friends growing up!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 11:37 PM
The Alpha Male is currently offline Click here to Send The Alpha Male a Private Message Find more posts by The Alpha Male Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

So, most of the male posters can't be friends with the opposite sex because their brains only think in regards to sex? LOL

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 11:41 PM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Makes sense, really.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 11:50 PM
Lara
Belladonna

Ok so hered the deal:

my best mate, Rob. We've been in each others pockets for 9 years. We got on like a house on fire instantly. Would do pretty much any thing for each other. We've always had a weird connection. That no one else understands. Many people get the wrong impression when we are out even though we have never been more than friends.

Mutual feeling have been expressed on a few occassions but nothing has come of it. We've always been in relationships. He recently got engaged to his current interest. Ive nursed him through more than enough bad relationships. Im not sure whats going on at the moment its like he wants the best of both worlds. I dont know. HELP ME PPL!!!!

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 11:50 PM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha Male
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lara
Ok so hered the deal:

my best mate, Rob. We've been in each others pockets for 9 years. We got on like a house on fire instantly. Would do pretty much any thing for each other. We've always had a weird connection. That no one else understands. Many people get the wrong impression when we are out even though we have never been more than friends.

Mutual feeling have been expressed on a few occassions but nothing has come of it. We've always been in relationships. He recently got engaged to his current interest. Ive nursed him through more than enough bad relationships. Im not sure whats going on at the moment its like he wants the best of both worlds. I dont know. HELP ME PPL!!!!

You come to KMC for dating advice? Good luck with that....

Anyway, my first thought is after you reject him he will probably kill himself as he has been waiting around for this a long time pretending to be your friend, could you live with yourself if that happened?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 11:57 PM
The Alpha Male is currently offline Click here to Send The Alpha Male a Private Message Find more posts by The Alpha Male Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

Originally posted by Deja~vu
So, most of the male posters can't be friends with the opposite sex because their brains only think in regards to sex? LOL

No, it's more of an investment issue.

If someone is investing time/energy/money in something, then they will be expecting a return. If there is no return to be had then there is no reason to invest.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 12:24 AM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I find it sad that humans cannot separate sex from love and love from sex.

Some can.

I like those people. If one of my best friends was Jennifer Connelly, I would have a hard time separating sex from friendship. However, I could do it because I am not ruled by my passions. If you can't resist...meditate or go to a doctor.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 12:42 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha Male
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I find it sad that humans cannot separate sex from love and love from sex.

Some can.

I like those people. If one of my best friends was Jennifer Connelly, I would have a hard time separating sex from friendship. However, I could do it because I am not ruled by my passions. If you can't resist...meditate or go to a doctor.

You are a beta male.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 12:44 AM
Bardock42

Maybe even a gamma male.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 12:46 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote