KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Human head transplants?

Human head transplants?
Started by: Tattoos N Scars

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Human head transplants?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 06:06 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 06:25 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I doubt it will be successful. The surgeon isn't even 100% sure if any of his methods will work.

We still do not have the knowledge nor the technology to make such a grand experiment.

Technology, even to this day, is moving at a snail's pace, due to conflicting interests and human greed.
Teleportation and flying cars would've been a reality by now.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 07:17 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I doubt it will be successful. The surgeon isn't even 100% sure if any of his methods will work.

We still do not have the knowledge nor the technology to make such a grand experiment.

Technology, even to this day, is moving at a snail's pace, due to conflicting interests and human greed.
Teleportation and flying cars would've been a reality by now.

Greed, in one form or another, drives most innovations. Or at the very least, funds it and makes it accessible.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 09:09 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Digi
Greed, in one form or another, drives most innovations. Or at the very least, funds it and makes it accessible.
That and war, which I guess is a byproduct of greed a lot if times.

Anyway, how can they transplant a head onto another body, but can't fix paralysis? Digi, go to med school and explain this to me.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 09:19 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

From other news articles on line, a Russian man is expected to have this procedure performed later this year.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 02:36 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

So for this to work wouldn't there have to be a functional human body for the head to go on?

Are two people going to switch bodies or is an otherwise healthy person going to have to volunteer to die in order for someone else to get their body.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 02:59 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

The donor is a brain dead man with a healthy body

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 03:03 AM
Stringer

Love the black market

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 03:04 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

This is high risk of failure, high risk of huge side effects even if it doesn't fail outright (I gather him effectively being paralyzed is pretty likely)... but considering the situation still understandable.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So for this to work wouldn't there have to be a functional human body for the head to go on?

Are two people going to switch bodies or is an otherwise healthy person going to have to volunteer to die in order for someone else to get their body.

They're going to wait for someone to die of a stroke, or shot to the head, or similar.

*And* happens to be compatible.

There's a high possibility they may not be able to find a suitable body.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 03:17 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Hopefully, they just find a living suitable candidate and kill them.

Can't make an omelette without murdering innocents, as I always say.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 04:41 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Originally posted by Stringer
Love the black market

Yea it's where I bought my james franco body pillow

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 02:30 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

They've been getting ready for this for a while...

(please log in to view the image)

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Apr 15th, 2015 at 07:35 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 07:32 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

... what the hell is that.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 09:18 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

God.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 09:53 PM
Shabazz916

they have a upcoming movie about brain transplants

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 01:22 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Digi

More of the latter than the former I'd say. Greed is a poor innovator but a great salesman.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 04:49 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Originally posted by Mindset
God.

She has nothing to do with that.

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 05:34 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Originally posted by Stringer
She has nothing to do with that.

She?

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 11:35 AM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote