KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Disabled Person refused on Bus

Disabled Person refused on Bus
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Disabled Person refused on Bus

San Fransisco bus driver would not let a a few disabled people on the bus.

Obviously this city has problems.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=942_1438182303

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 12:12 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Could you imagine if the outcome was different, if the wheelchair bound lady was black? Seriously, how lazy can this bus driver be to not helped the disabled? Its his job as city representative to provide fair service to all citizens. Why did this needed to happen? He would of easily get his 8 hr shift in by the day.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 01:37 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
San Fransisco bus driver would not let a a few disabled people on the bus.

Obviously this city has problems.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=942_1438182303

I'd say the bus driver has problems, and that it's a bit odd to indict a whole city based on one incident.

Not a defense of San Fran as a whole, btw. I've never been there, so I can't really speak to it as a whole. But from the article, it appears to be just a stupid driver, and isn't reflective of some citywide ordinance or law.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 02:27 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

There is not enough information in the video to determine whether there was enough space for the woman or not. I have lived in San Francisco, and it is not uncommon for buses to be so full that they cannot accept any new passengers. The drivers do exactly what this driver did, tell the people waiting at the stop that there is not enough space for new passengers, and to wait for the next bus.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 03:09 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Digi
I'd say the bus driver has problems, and that it's a bit odd to indict a whole city based on one incident.

Not a defense of San Fran as a whole, btw. I've never been there, so I can't really speak to it as a whole. But from the article, it appears to be just a stupid driver, and isn't reflective of some citywide ordinance or law.

You seem pretty focused on one word, if I had said this guy, you would have found a problem with that, and said something else.

So sure let me recant, This guy was an ******* **********.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 03:15 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

*Reads article*

Yea, this guy sounds like an ass.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 09:05 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Wow, the driver wouldn't let a disabled person on the bus.

Obviously the US has problems

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 09:10 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Bardock42

Are you saying disabled people are a problem? That's cold.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 09:14 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Frisco? The woman should've said she was an illegal alien.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 01:19 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

That bus driver should be ashamed and fired. What an idiot.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 03:38 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Bardock42

The U.S has the same problem the rest of the world has... Some of its citizens are ASS HOLES!

We should export all of yours to Germany.

Where they apparently don't have any.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 04:03 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

My mom is wheelchair bound and there have been at least a couple instances where we couldn't board a bus because there was not enough room to accommodate us.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 04:07 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im sure the driver didn't get out and scream at you and tell you off.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 04:24 PM
Flyattractor

The Guy drove a bus in San Fran.

I can't see how that job could led to a guy snapping one day.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 04:30 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hahaha

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 05:07 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
That bus driver should be ashamed and fired. What an idiot.
Maybe just a verbal reprimand.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 05:21 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Disabled person refused on bus?

Sounds like the west has problems.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 05:35 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

In the East the bus would have ran over the person in the wheelchair.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 05:45 PM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
There is not enough information in the video to determine whether there was enough space for the woman or not. I have lived in San Francisco, and it is not uncommon for buses to be so full that they cannot accept any new passengers. The drivers do exactly what this driver did, tell the people waiting at the stop that there is not enough space for new passengers, and to wait for the next bus.

Except for the fact that in the article it states she was eventually let on the bus, so obviously they had the room to get her on.

Then he goes to berate her even more as she gets off on her stop. The problem lies with the driver not wanting to take the time to let a disabled person board. They have to kneel the bus and then strap the chair/scooter down and it takes time, but it's also something they are paid to do.

If a driver refused to let my family on because of my daughter's wheelchair, I would be livid.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 05:48 PM
NewLanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

It's called tough love. Maybe if more disabled people were banned from public transportation, they'd be forced to take some self-responsibility and be less disabled.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 05:54 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote