KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Melbourne: Two dead, three police officers shot in suspected Islamist terror attack

Melbourne: Two dead, three police officers shot in suspected Islamist terror attack
Started by: Darkstorm Zero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Melbourne: Two dead, three police officers shot in suspected Islamist terror attack

Two dead, three police officers shot, hostage rescued in Melbourne siege - myGC.com.au

quote:
TWO people are dead, three police officers have been shot and a hostage has been freed following what police are treating as a possible terror-related siege in Melbourne’s southeast. Police say they were called to reports of explosions and loud bangs heard at a serviced apartment building on Bay Street, in the affluent beachside suburb of Brighton, just after 4pm on Monday. When they arrived, they found the body of a man who had been shot in the foyer of the building. A short time later, police say a woman called tripled zero to report a hostage situation at the address.

quote:
“This is for I.S. – This is for Al-Qaeda,” the caller is reported to have told the TV news station.

Melbourne gunman said assault was for ISIS, Al Qaeda

quote:
During the episode, the man, later confirmed by police to be the assailant, called Channel 7 and said “this is for IS,” using a form of the ISIS terror group’s name, and “this is for Al Qaeda.” Channel 7 said a woman was heard screaming in the background.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Haven't seen a thread on this yet.

TL;DR: Single gunman informed media of intent to commit terrorist act in the name of Islamic State and Al-Qaeda. He murdered one man, took one woman hostage, and shot three police officers during firefight. The terrorist has been shot dead; he was apparently known to counterterror unit.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 09:15 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It's been a Tragic couple of weeks.

A lot of thoughts and prayers going out to the families of all victims in recent days.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 10:05 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I don't think I can handle much more peace.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 10:44 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Very sad news

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 11:57 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

inb4 surtur's orgasm

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 12:21 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
inb4 surtur's orgasm

No orgasm you sad pathetic little soul. Just sadness at yet another terror attack.

In the other thread I asked what the next "PrayFor" hashtag would be, we have our answer: PrayForMelbourne.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 02:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Darth Thor
It's been a Tragic couple of weeks.

A lot of thoughts and prayers going out to the families of all victims in recent days.

Don't you think that you're condolences as true as there are, are next to useless when shits like that happens on a monthly basis?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 03:10 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
inb4 surtur's orgasm

*reported for insensitive and sexually insulting comments*

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 06:50 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So let us see if they are consistent. They whine and say I am happy over attacks. But Bash responding and acting giddy over the fact he thinks I'm going to respond and act happy is also...kinda shitty and wrong, etc.

I wonder if the strategy will be to just ignore it or to try to come up excuses with why it's okay, etc. No doubt it will be quite entertaining whichever route they choose.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 06:51 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

They are just happy that the End of Civilization that they despise is coming to an end, but sadly it isn't going to be replaced by the one they would want.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 06:53 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MovieFreak92
Pulp Fiction Fanatic

Sad news. I hope the friends and families of the victims can find peace after this tragedy, and I hope the victims are in a better place, whatever it may be.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 03:51 AM
MovieFreak92 is currently offline Click here to Send MovieFreak92 a Private Message Find more posts by MovieFreak92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
So let us see if they are consistent. They whine and say I am happy over attacks. But Bash responding and acting giddy over the fact he thinks I'm going to respond and act happy is also...kinda shitty and wrong, etc.

I wonder if the strategy will be to just ignore it or to try to come up excuses with why it's okay, etc. No doubt it will be quite entertaining whichever route they choose.

Seems the strategy was: ignore it.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 11:47 AM