KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How can those with average intelligence contribute to the advancement of technology?

How can those with average intelligence contribute to the advancement of technology?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

How can those with average intelligence contribute to the advancement of technology?

How can those who aren't geniuses like Lord Elon Musk contribute to the advancement of human technology/innovation?

As much as I try to learn physics, calculus, computer science, chemistry, etc, I am held back by sh1tty genetics. Both of my parents are of average intelligence AT BEST.

My placement in university classes is pushing me towards the middle of the standard distribution—even below the 50% percentile in some instances. The worst part about it is I know I'm putting in just as much, if not more, time into studying the material as my peers.

As I reach my twenties, I can feel my brain slowing down, my neuroplasticity hardening. Physics concepts that were easy to learn in high-school AP courses are becoming more difficult for me in college.

Something is changing in my brain and it's legitimately scaring me. I'm becoming more stupid.

Anyway, in the case that I can't reverse this, how can I contribute to the advancement of technology?

I am particularly interested in the area of neuroscience and its application in artificial intelligence. Equally as important to me is the study of telomerase reactivation in somatic cells such that immortality can be achieved.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:17 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I dunno. Don't get in the way I guess.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I don't know...Ask the Cell Phone Companies.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:22 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
How can those who aren't geniuses like Lord Elon Musk contribute to the advancement of human technology/innovation?

As much as I try to learn physics, calculus, computer science, chemistry, etc, I am held back by sh1tty genetics. Both of my parents are of average intelligence AT BEST.

My placement in university classes is pushing me towards the middle of the standard distribution—even below the 50% percentile in some instances. The worst part about it is I know I'm putting in just as much, if not more, time into studying the material as my peers.

As I reach my twenties, I can feel my brain slowing down, my neuroplasticity hardening. Physics concepts that were easy to learn in high-school AP courses are becoming more difficult for me in college.

Something is changing in my brain and it's legitimately scaring me. I'm becoming more stupid.

Anyway, in the case that I can't reverse this, how can I contribute to the advancement of technology?

I am particularly interested in the area of neuroscience and its application in artificial intelligence. Equally as important to me is the study of telomerase reactivation in somatic cells such that immortality can be achieved.

Ever think it might be your teachers fault? I did 4 years of spanish in high school. I was in the AP course for senior year.

We spent freshmen year going over what the words meant, that is all. The other 3 years were learning the most difficult parts of the language, like past tense for a word, future tense, etc. That is what is hard about learning Spanish. But we were given very little vocabulary and the class was not spoken in Spanish.

Cuz of surgery and some missed classes in high school I had to take some classes in college. The classes were spoken in spanish. We had this workbook where we would watch this spanish soap opera every day and have to fill out stuff in the workbook. I was 100% lost. I could not understand anything because I had very little vocabulary training.

I also remember being in math class, like trig or something. The teacher asking how many understood the latest lesson. Maybe 7-8 out of a class of 25 raise their hands to say they understand. And the teacher...moves on to the next thing. He didn't care.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote:

You don't have to have a high IQ to be innovative, you just have to find something you enjoy doing and start to contribute.

If you enjoy neurosciences then make sure you don't go clinical go into research.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:49 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Here's the good news:

The technology is built by those with average intelligence. The ideas and vision comes from the geniuses. But who completes the purchase orders for the parts? Who works the assembly lines? Who welds large machinery together? Who cleans the rooms for the people to meet?

Geniuses with ideas don't directly advance technology. Other people do.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 01:43 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Comparative advantage

Old Post May 15th, 2018 02:06 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Here's the good news:

The technology is built by those with average intelligence. The ideas and vision comes from the geniuses. But who completes the purchase orders for the parts? Who works the assembly lines? Who welds large machinery together? Who cleans the rooms for the people to meet?

So the geniuses are a means to an end? Sounds good. Musk admits to hiring those smarter than himself to be used smile .

Old Post May 15th, 2018 04:27 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

So the geniuses are a means to an end? Sounds good. Musk admits to hiring those smarter than himself to be used smile .

It's just humble bullshit. The correct saying would be, "I hire people with expertise in specific areas that will get us to reach the vision and goals I've set."

Old Post May 15th, 2018 05:20 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 05:52 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Ellimist

You seem to be a smart young lad...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 16th, 2018 12:20 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Building up science is something you need to spend time doing and using a methodology, any advancement or technology needs to have properly obtained data, so as long as the average intelligence doesn't drop so damn low that you cannot perform scientific tests there is an ample room of activity for "average" people in scientific progress.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:20 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
Here's the good news:

thumb up

get a job packing boxes.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:55 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

You shouldn’t give up on your dreams if it’s what you want. Einstein’s whom is credited as one of the most gifted mind in our life time had plenty of troubles in school growing up.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 12:06 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not f*cking Einstein lol.

My IQ is officially confirmed in the low 120's maybe even upper teens if you account for degradation.

I need a strong sith master/mentor to look up to...this person should be significantly more intelligent than me...someone like EmperorDMB or TheEllimist.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 12:46 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Beniboybling
get packing.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 02:33 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Be more philosophic

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 16th, 2018 02:44 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote