KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Top 5 Best Handhelds

Top 5 Best Handhelds
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Top 5 Best Handhelds

Put which 5 handheld's are your favorite.

I'll start.

From best to worst (Although none of them are bad).

1 - PSP

2 - Gameboy Advance

3 - Playstation Vita

4 - Nintendo DS

5 - Gameboy Color

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 12:01 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Honestly it's a difficult question, there are many things that make me like one hardware over the other even without touching the availability of certain games. My list would probably be:

1. Game Boy Advance.

2. Nintendo 3DS.

3. PSP.

4. Nintendo DS.

5. Neo Geo Pocket Color ('cause that how I roll)

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 01:04 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

1. PSP
2. Ps Vita
3. Nintendo D.S.
4. Game boy advance
5. Game boy color

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 05:19 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

1. GB Advance
2. GB Color
3. DS
4. 3DS

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 06:03 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
1. GB Advance
2. GB Color
3. DS
4. 3DS
Never owned a playstation handheld? Damn shame :/

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 07:31 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Had a PSP but wasn't a fan.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 07:48 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Had a PSP but wasn't a fan.
What games did you have for it?

The only game that the NDS had over the PSP was Pokemon.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 08:37 PM
ares834

And SMB, and LoZ, and Mario Kart, etc...

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 08:47 PM
Jmanghan

And SMB, and LoZ, and Mario Kart, etc...
On ths DS? :/ Not the most quality titles.

The PSP just spat out good game after good game, it was a like a AAA-Title Machine Gun.

Don't get me wrong, I had an awesome time on my DS, but for every game I played on the DS, I played a game on the PSP that was better.

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Four Swords, etc. Got beat out by games like FF: War of the Lions, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

Super Mario Bros? Answer it with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Mario Kart on the DS were some of the worst Mario Kart's imo.

I do think (without even owning one) that the 3DS has the ultimate handheld games out of them all though.

However, everyone has their own opinion.

I just personally believe that the PSP was more comfortable, was more powerful, and had the better games.

Now, don't get me wrong 358/2 Days on the DS was good, but BBS on the PSP blew it out of the water. Better Combat, Better Music, Better Characters and even better cameos.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Oct 26th, 2015 at 09:37 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 09:29 PM
ares834

Well, suffice to say, I disagree with almost everything you said.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 09:39 PM
Jmanghan

Well, suffice to say, I disagree with almost everything you said.
Did you play those games?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 09:41 PM
ares834

I beat Peace Walker. It was good just not Mario good. Tried KH and didn't enjoy it. Didn't even bother with the FF game as I'm not a big fan of those games.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 09:48 PM
Jmanghan

I beat Peace Walker. It was good just not Mario good. Tried KH and didn't enjoy it. Didn't even bother with the FF game as I'm not a big fan of those games.
It's worth mentioning that Crisis Core may have the best ending in Video Game history.

It also had some awesome Star Wars games, the best port of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and 3 Battlefront games.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 09:51 PM
wakkawakkawakka

1. Gamboy Advance(SP)
2. Gameboy Color
3. PSP
4. Nintendo DS
5. Nintendo 3DS

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 09:53 PM
wakkawakkawakka is online now! Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Are we judging these systems relative to their own time period, or just ranking them in the current landscape? If it's the latter, things like backwards compatibility makes some of these systems obsolete (3DS vs DS).

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 10:47 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by StyleTime
Are we judging these systems relative to their own time period, or just ranking them in the current landscape? If it's the latter, things like backwards compatibility makes some of these systems obsolete (3DS vs DS).
But it doesn't cover some of the best games.

Crash Bandicoot and a lot of PS1 games have yet to be on the Vita store.

Along with games such as Final Fantasy: VII Crisis Core, Final Fantasy 012 Dissidia Duodecim (It was on the store, but was removed for unknown reasons).

Plus Birth by Sleep hasn't made its way onto the Vita, nor has Phantasy Star Portable, some of the Dynasty Warrior games.

There are tons of fantastic PSP and PS1 games that may not ever see the light of day on the vita store.

Plus, if you are up to date on your PS Vita updates (no pun intended), ROM hacks are out of the question.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 11:02 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Jmanghan
But it doesn't cover some of the best games.

Crash Bandicoot and a lot of PS1 games have yet to be on the Vita store.

Along with games such as Final Fantasy: VII Crisis Core, Final Fantasy 012 Dissidia Duodecim (It was on the store, but was removed for unknown reasons).

Plus Birth by Sleep hasn't made its way onto the Vita, nor has Phantasy Star Portable, some of the Dynasty Warrior games.

There are tons of fantastic PSP and PS1 games that may not ever see the light of day on the vita store.

Plus, if you are up to date on your PS Vita updates (no pun intended), ROM hacks are out of the question.
I'd like to mention that the PSP was backwards-compatible with many PS1 games.

Either way, PS Vita has Chrono Trigger, arguably the best RPG in existence, and Final Fantasy VI.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 11:05 PM