KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cyclops vs. Mr. Terrific

Who would win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Cyclops 9 81.82%
Mr. Terrific 2 18.18%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cyclops vs. Mr. Terrific
Started by: Arsenal

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arsenal

Cyclops vs. Mr. Terrific

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 06:08 PM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Unless the T-Speres can generate force fields I like Cyclops chances.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 10:34 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Yea, not really sure what Mr. Terrific brings to the table to somehow counter Cyke.

Cyke wins.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 12:27 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

I also think Cyclops should win unless you give Mr. Terrific prep (in which case he will win 10/10) or he upgrades his T-spheres (although I believe they have forcefields, but how effective is key).

However, the interesting thing is this ....Cyclops' visor basically enables him to control his optic beams. He does not need it (he can wear ruby-tinted shades which will continously block the optic beams, but with the visor he can be able to control whether it lets the optic beams go through or not ....meaning it must be selectively polarized to do so).

Guess what Mr. Terrific is when it comes to technology ...invisible. Cyclops has to see through the visor, and since it uses selective polarization technology it is arguable that it may not be able to pick out Mr. Terrific (who is totally invisible to all sorts of technology, ranging from simple sensors to as sophisticated an array as that which Brother Eye was using).

Now, Cyclops could easily just rip the visor off (in which case he would saturate the area with wide-area concussive blasts), or he could simply fire blindly through the visor.

However, in the split second to do so, it is possible that Mr Terrific could use his T-spheres to either knock out Cyclops physically, shoot laser beams at him from various angles, or simply project multiple holograms of Mr. Terrific all around Cyclops (360 degree angle) while shooting said lasers at him.

Anyways, while I think Cyclops should win, I was trying to show a way in which Mr Terrific, with his skill set, could win against Cyclops. That second or two of Cyclops not being able to see Terrific, as well as the multiple holograms and laser array, could give Terrific a win.

After all, that is what I would do if I were him (I like the guy ...for one he is black, making him, Tchalla and Steel some of the few characters i can readily identify with).

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 01:20 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by spetznaz
I also think Cyclops should win unless you give Mr. Terrific prep (in which case he will win 10/10) or he upgrades his T-spheres (although I believe they have forcefields, but how effective is key).

However, the interesting thing is this ....Cyclops' visor basically enables him to control his optic beams. He does not need it (he can wear ruby-tinted shades which will continously block the optic beams, but with the visor he can be able to control whether it lets the optic beams go through or not ....meaning it must be selectively polarized to do so).

Guess what Mr. Terrific is when it comes to technology ...invisible. Cyclops has to see through the visor, and since it uses selective polarization technology it is arguable that it may not be able to pick out Mr. Terrific (who is totally invisible to all sorts of technology, ranging from simple sensors to as sophisticated an array as that which Brother Eye was using).

Now, Cyclops could easily just rip the visor off (in which case he would saturate the area with wide-area concussive blasts), or he could simply fire blindly through the visor.

However, in the split second to do so, it is possible that Mr Terrific could use his T-spheres to either knock out Cyclops physically, shoot laser beams at him from various angles, or simply project multiple holograms of Mr. Terrific all around Cyclops (360 degree angle) while shooting said lasers at him.

Anyways, while I think Cyclops should win, I was trying to show a way in which Mr Terrific, with his skill set, could win against Cyclops. That second or two of Cyclops not being able to see Terrific, as well as the multiple holograms and laser array, could give Terrific a win.

After all, that is what I would do if I were him (I like the guy ...for one he is black, making him, Tchalla and Steel some of the few characters i can readily identify with).

Schwa? blink

I'm not too sure where you're getting your info about Scott's visor. It's just a visor. Same properties as his shades, only in one piece instead of two. There's nothing really "tech" about it other than maybe a spring. I know that Mr. Terrific is invisible to technology, but I doubt he'll be invisible to a spring.

Also, it's controlled psionically, so it opens with the speed of thought.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm glad that you thought up some alternative scenarios for this match. cool

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 01:48 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Mr Terriffic 10/10

one T-sphere bends light around Terrific to render him invisible, also creating a hard light 3D hologram to serve as a diversion.
Another T sphere can simultaneously gas the Arena

Mr T Pimpslap f.t.w.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 03:08 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by shiv
Mr Terriffic 10/10

one T-sphere bends light around Terrific to render him invisible, also creating a hard light 3D hologram to serve as a diversion.
Another T sphere can simultaneously gas the Arena

Mr T Pimpslap f.t.w.

Exactly how fast can he do this? Honestly.

Cyke can blast him with the speed of thought. erm

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 04:33 PM
Smurph
------

Hard to argue something isn't tech while commenting that it can respond to scott's thoughts... Batman could barely see Mr. T through night-vision lenses... Arguable that Scott's visor would be too advanced.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 06:45 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Boy Blue
Hard to argue something isn't tech while commenting that it can respond to scott's thoughts... Batman could barely see Mr. T through night-vision lenses... Arguable that Scott's visor would be too advanced.

I see what you're saying, I do. But it's not so much that the visor itself is technofied, but that the mechanism which literally operates the movement of the visor is. A psionic command makes the mechanism open the visor. I don't really see how the visor itself would be considered high-tech or even tech at all. It's still just a sheet of ruby quartz.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 06:54 PM
Darth Martin

Yea I don't think the visor is really tech but I do get the "Batman" argument. Not really sure. But if the T-Speresz can bend light that could work but I doubt it would occur befor Scott blasts Holt at the "speed of though". That I didn't know either. I always though he hads switches all over his costume. Guess not.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 07:25 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

What would Raoul say?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 11:02 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by spetznaz

you make some very good arguments

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 05:14 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

scott

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 07:43 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Cyclops should take it. Better H2H skills and more (literal) Firepower smile.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 08:36 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Bentley
What would Raoul say?

you have to ask?

big grin

Originally posted by Batman-Prime

dunno about h2h. scott's good, but terrific is very, very good...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 09:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvelknight
Authority

Originally posted by Batman-Prime

I agree that Cyclops "can" win. But the better H2h skills part, Hmmm Micheal is black belt in 6 different styles. So I don't agree that Scott has better MA skills. I give it to Mr Terrific 6/10.

"MK GRFXS"! Taking sig requests

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 09:37 PM
Marvelknight is currently offline Click here to Send Marvelknight a Private Message Find more posts by Marvelknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkness_Within
Restricted

Account Restricted

mr terrific had to hit cyclops with a distraction like a few hard light holograms of himself while the real one gets cyclops and knocks his ass out might not work but its a good sounding tactic smile

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 09:48 PM
Darkness_Within is currently offline Click here to Send Darkness_Within a Private Message Find more posts by Darkness_Within Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Guardian

toss up. Cyclops big advantage is his optic blast, but I would say terrific is superior in most other categories (h2h etc.)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 12:18 AM
Silent Guardian is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Guardian a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Guardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Cyke still wins. And yes, even if this just went hand-to-hand.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 12:51 AM
Silent Guardian

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Cyke still wins. And yes, even if this just went hand-to-hand.

no, honestly besides the optic blast, Terrific is superior in all other aspects

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 01:11 AM
Silent Guardian is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Guardian a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Guardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote