KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America vs 300 Spartans

Captain America vs 300 Spartans
Started by: braz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

Captain America vs 300 Spartans

who takes it?

Spartans got their shields, spears, swords and helmets and Capt has his vibranium/steel shield.

the fights in an open field in Greece.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 09:15 PM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Who cares ... they're all dead now anyway.

stick out tongue

Cap would lose

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 09:21 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I think Cap might knock unconscious about 1/3 of them, before he'd go down in a hail of spear thrusts.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 09:25 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
Who cares ... they're all dead now anyway.

stick out tongue

so is cap stick out tongue

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 09:27 PM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

300 is too much, cap goes down

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 09:36 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

Agreed. I just wanted to make this because I remember srank saying that Capt would easily pwn them all in a hunch. no expression

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 10:48 PM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Cap dies as he already did.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 10:49 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

As the Soviets used to say, quantity has a quality of its own!

Cap is more than a match for any one of them.
He is more than a match for any 5 of them.
He is even more than a match for 20 of them (arguably).

However that must be near the max (unless he has tactical battlefield advantage). While he is the superior fighter (by far), the Spartans are also not that bad. They are good enough to the point where their numbers would simply overwhelm him ....and quickly.

Look at it as attrition ....sooner or later one spear would get through, then another, then another, and Cap would be systematically broken down until one of the Spartans performs a death strike.

It is similar to what happened in WW2 between the German Panzer divisions and the Russian tanks.
The German Tiger was the 'best' tank of the war, and it could kill any other tank operating at the time.
However the Russian T-34 was the best tank of the war (without commas i.e 'best') because the Russians could mass produce the darn thing. Now, the T-34 was crude, it was ugly, and it wasn't the most comfortable thing around. However it worked, and there were many of them. Many.

The German tank divisions were simply overwhelmed. It doesn't matter if you can kill 7 tanks if 8 are coming after you.

Cap goes down. And he goes down quick (for another comparison look at nature films that shows what happens when a lion faces off against a hyena. One on one it is not a match. One on two it is still too easy for the lion to win. One on three it is still to the lion's favor. However beyond that ratio things start to RAPIDLY go to the hyena's favor. All it takes is one nip by the hyena - whcih has the strongest jaws of any land animal - and the lion's fighting ability is severely degraded. Then another bite or two and the lion's ability to fight is negated. Then a quick and brutal death ensues).

Cap loses ....10/10.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 03:21 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

I dunno Cap has fought whole armies before....hasnt he?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 03:31 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

Originally posted by Alfheim
I dunno Cap has fought whole armies before....hasnt he?

Idunno about whole armies, but yeah, large groups of guys armed with guns is all I've seen.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 05:01 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Bah,

There were 301 Spartans.

Leonidas + the 300 additional troops he took to battle the Persians = 301 Spartans.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 05:13 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by braz
Idunno about whole armies, but yeah, large groups of guys armed with guns is all I've seen.

Yeah so potentially they were more dangerous. Its not like Nazi soldiers arent strong either.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 05:18 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Captain America vs 300 Spartans

Originally posted by braz
who takes it?

Spartans got their shields, spears, swords and helmets and Capt has his vibranium/steel shield.

the fights in an open field in Greece.

cap goes down

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 06:19 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Cap dies again

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 07:14 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

these 300 threads are beyond absurd, i mean really. Spite

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 08:56 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

embarrasment (hopes you don't look at my other 300 thread)

*slaps forehead*

doh!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 09:08 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

One Spartan holds down the Shield

One spartan serves Cap [Leonidas's Leutenant]

298 Spartans place bets.

50 spartans who bet on Cap lose.

1 Spartan digs a grave

300 Spartans March On

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 09:42 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

Originally posted by Redatom65

I wouldnt say its spite. I think you're underestimating Capt here. as said before, he's taken down armies of guys armed with guns which would wipe out the 300. Not to mention, Capt can throw his shield and wipe out a whole bunch of them pretty quickly before they even get to him to engage in melee/h2h combat. I'd say if Capt was lucky, he could take down maybe 100 Spartans.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 11:05 PM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by Redatom65

True.

Any character who can suffer from attritive damage, no matter how good he/she may be (e.g. Captain America, Batman, Batgirl, Shiva etc) will always go down when facing vast numbers. And 300 trained combatants IS a large number.
Sooner or later something will get through, and every cut/stab/slash will degrade the character's performance.

Now, if the soldiers were to come one after the other then the character could have a chance of winning (since one on one, or even one on ten, those characters are far superior than the Spartans).

However an en masse attack will mean combat attrition will take place (or even a lucky hit that kills the character outright).

Anyways, someone like Cap or Batman versus 300 Spartans in a melee battle without any sort of advantage is going to lose. Always. The way such a fight is structured is totally to the Spartans favor.

Someone like Wolverine on the other hand is different. He would not suffer attritive damage due to his healing factor, and thus would have a chance that Cap/Shiva/etc wouldn't have.

Then you have true supers ....eg the guy in your sig (Mr. Majestic). He could kill 3 billion Spartans in less than a minute, and as easily as he could kill 300 of them.

Cap dies.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 04:34 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Condor
Norse Envy.

People forget that probably all of these guys were like the Caps of their day, all they did was train for battle. Fancy or not, they knew how to kill.

I'd say even 10 would give him a good run.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 04:38 AM
Condor is currently offline Click here to Send Condor a Private Message Find more posts by Condor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote