KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cross-Genre Thread #4: Deathstroke vs Master Chief

Cross-Genre Thread #4: Deathstroke vs Master Chief
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Cross-Genre Thread #4: Deathstroke vs Master Chief

Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke

Vs

Master Chief

Fight in a hybrid of New Mombasa (Circa Halo 3) and current Bludhaven.

Deathstroke starts out with his bo-staff, his sword, and a flash-bang grenade while Master Chief starts out with an Assault Rifle (Halo 3 era) and two fragmentation grenades.

Scenario One:
Scattered around the battlefield are some more plasma and frag grenades, a UNSC Shotgun, some SMGs, a Battle Rifle, and some Covenant plasma rifles.

Both combatants can use these weapons if they can secure them.

Scenario Two:
No extra weapons, combatants are limited to what they start out with.

PIS off, CIS off, bloodlust on, no bfr, no prep.

Who wins?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 07:52 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

both have their standard suits?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 08:26 PM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
both have their standard suits?

Yeah.

Deathstroke has his Prometheum armor and Master Chief is in the Mjolnir Mk VI Circa Halo 3.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 08:30 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

another quick question. do the items respawn or is there limited supply?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 08:31 PM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

another quick question. do the items respawn or is there limited supply?

Well in Scenario One I suppose ammo spawns but not guns/grenades, those are finite.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 08:33 PM
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

k how many grenades?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 08:35 PM
Trackz

k how many grenades?
it says in the opening post

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 08:38 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

it says how many they start out with, not on the map

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 08:38 PM
Omega Vision

k how many grenades?

He starts out with two frags. In S-1 though there are maybe a half dozen of each scattered evenly across the 1 sq km map.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 08:39 PM
Trackz

good fight, I'm think master chief for this one though, are his comics considered canon?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 08:41 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Trackz
good fight, I'm think master chief for this one though, are his comics considered canon?

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halopedia:Canon_Policy

At least some of them are.

The ruling seems to be though that the games are the highest canon and any contradiction between them and other sources will have game canon superseding non-game canon.

Here's an excerpt:

"The concept of superior canon is as follows:

Current Bungie Employees are the highest source of Canon. They design, authorize, and sanction every detail about Halo that is revealed to the public. Their statements take the highest authority among Halo canon because, obviously, they created it all.

Halo Games are, with certain exceptions, the most elaborate of the Halo works and, as they come directly from the producers of Bungie, they are the largest creations of the Halo universe. The information in the video games was produced by Bungie employees directly. This gives them the most credit as canon sources.

Halo Literature, Soundtracks, and Other Media are below the games as sources of canon for various reasons. Some of this media is presented by Bungie Affiliates and thus not direct canon from the studio, and some is for promotional purposes or Halo ideas that were released in incomplete development. Bungie Studios has given great creative license to its affiliates as long as their material falls within basic guidelines, and may not be what Bungie itself wanted for the Halo universe.

Bungie Affiliates are just below Bungie employees. This group includes companies and people who work on Halo products but are not part of Bungie studios. This group includes 4orty2wo Entertainment employees, Joyride Studios employees, and Halo novelists like Eric Nylund and William C. Dietz.

*Announcement Trailers are usually considered not to be canon, as details in an announcement trailer are usually a very early draft of the storyline, and do not necessarily contain content that made it into the final game. Thus, Trailers are considered to be canon until the official game is released.

Halopedia Canon The lowest form of Canon, Halopedia Canon is the result of heated debate among the Halopedia community to arrive at conclusion and decision on said piece of Halo Universe. Halopedia Canon is trumped by all other higher Canon unless it is determined that a mistake by Bungie has been made. Some examples of "mistakes" can be found here.
"

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 08:43 PM
ares834

Are we considering books canon for the Chief?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 08:49 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by ares834
Are we considering books canon for the Chief?

I don't see why we wouldn't.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 09:07 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

as long as the book doesnt contradict somethign stating or shown in the game then yea its canon

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 09:11 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I don't see why we wouldn't.
books aren't canon for marvel/dc characters

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 09:13 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Starscream M
books aren't canon for marvel/dc characters

Unless a mod says otherwise I don't see an issue with using the books when it comes to Halo which isn't the same as Marvel or DC in regards to canon and non canon.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 09:53 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Mods have stated several time this project is conducted by you, so I don't think they have a say or whatsoever on this.

(Unless Bada is a Halo expert or sumthin')

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 09:57 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Bentley
Mods have stated several time this project is conducted by you, so I don't think they have a say or whatsoever on this.

(Unless Bada is a Halo expert or sumthin')

Well obviously the mods still have a say considering its still in the versus forum.

But as I said unless a mod does have a problem with it Halo books are canon.

I'm on the fence about Halo comics though.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 09:59 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Well obviously the mods still have a say considering its still in the versus forum.

But as I said unless a mod does have a problem with it Halo books are canon.

I'm on the fence about Halo comics though.

But why would mods have a problem with it? Are you implying mods are tyrannical and overbearing?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:03 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Jesus christ, guys. There is an official canon tier system for Halo lore, in fact it's already been posted. There is no "Is this canon is that canon" questions necessary... continuity is continuity. Here's a more accurate source if you want definitive proof.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=33630397

As far as the games versus books are concerned, a lot of what the chief can do and can not do is tied down to game mechanics; game mechanics aren't canon.

In any case, the books, novels, etc. are all considered canon except for when their are direct contradictions with the plots, like the Chief doing action A in the novel adaptation when in the game he did action B.

Anyway, time to let the screamong fangirl on.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:16 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote