KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cross Genre Nominations Thread #5

Cross Genre Nominations Thread #5
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Cross Genre Nominations Thread #5

Here are the rules:

(1) All nominations must be between one character primarily identified as a comic book character and a character of another medium outside of comics.

(2) No spite nominations.

(3) In order to receive official consideration once the poll thread is made ANOTHER person must communicate their support for the nomination other than the person who proposed it.

(4) Try not to spam nominations, consider them carefully and then post them in this thread.

(5) Explain the scenario and why you think the matchup would be a good one and provide documentation for the character(s) proposed so that others can understand what they're dealing with.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 08:24 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Wonder Woman (w/ standard gear, no lasso)

vs.

Yoruichi Shihoin. (from Bleach)

Should be a good match. Wonder Woman is stronger but Yoruichi is faster and has more offensive versatility.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 09:53 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lightyeargee
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ang the Avatar from the AirBender Movie vs. Storm from the Xmen movie.

They both can fight pretty well and seem to get all powerful when their eyes glow white.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 09:55 PM
lightyeargee is currently offline Click here to Send lightyeargee a Private Message Find more posts by lightyeargee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
Wonder Woman (w/ standard gear, no lasso)

vs.

Yoruichi Shihoin. (from Bleach)

Should be a good match. Wonder Woman is stronger but Yoruichi is faster and has more offensive versatility.

Proof that Yoruichi is faster?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 09:56 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Sub zero vs wolverine

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 09:59 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lightyeargee
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wonder Woman vs. Piccolo

They seem to both be insanely skilled and vastly under rated. He can stretch, she has that Lasso. He has awesome Long Ranged, she has short ranged and Bracers. Good fight.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 09:59 PM
lightyeargee is currently offline Click here to Send lightyeargee a Private Message Find more posts by lightyeargee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by lightyeargee
Wonder Woman vs. Piccolo

They seem to both be insanely skilled and vastly under rated. He can stretch, she has that Lasso. He has awesome Long Ranged, she has short ranged and Bracers. Good fight.

It would be too speed oriented, Thor vs Vegeta didn't run into that dilemma because Thor has never been established as an speedester, but I think DC fast top tiers are better left alone.

Maybe a Green Lantern?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:01 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
are you seriously asking because you're not familiar with Bleach', or are you just screwing with me?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:06 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

are you seriously asking because you're not familiar with Bleach', or are you just screwing with me?

Just assume he's not familiar dude, no need to get aggressive over a completely reasonable question right?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:11 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Bentley
Just assume he's not familiar dude, no need to get aggressive over a completely reasonable question right?
I was honestly asking if he was unfamiliar with 'Bleach', there was no aggression in my post.

EDIT: Well, in Bleach, there is something called 'shunpo'; it's a technique where you skip over distances in one step, it's akin to teleportation. She is considered the 'Goddess of Flash' in series.

She's so fast that she not only leaves after images, but appears to be in multiple places at a time. She can create clones by moving fast. She can clear miles in one step.

Last edited by marwash22 on Jul 3rd, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:14 PM
Kal-El Summers

Yoruichi's done nothing in Bleach to even suggest she's even flirting anywhere close to Diana's speed(or durability).

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:16 PM
Kal-El Summers is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El Summers a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El Summers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Demanding people explanations like that for reason its aggressive... Or maybe people are too polite where I live.

Who would be a good match against Edward Elric? Venom?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:17 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Kal-El Summers
Yoruichi's done nothing in Bleach to even suggest she's even flirting anywhere close to Diana's speed(or durability).
I never argued durability. But as far as speed, Yoruichi is clearly faster. Diana would be hard pressed to see, let alone hit her.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:21 PM
lightyeargee
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never argued durability. But as far as speed, Yoruichi is clearly faster. Diana would be hard pressed to see, let alone hit her.
Diana doesn't need to see to beat speedsters. Plus she has had an up grade in sense.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:29 PM
Kal-El Summers

And how is she faster than someone who's held her own against people that would laugh at Yoruichi's speed? I've never seen anything that puts her higher than maybe hypersonic, so where are these speed feats that put her faster than Diana?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:31 PM
Kal-El Summers is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El Summers a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El Summers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Kal-El Summers
And how is she faster than someone who's held her own against people that would laugh at Yoruichi's speed? I've never seen anything that puts her higher than maybe hypersonic, so where are these speed feats that put her faster than Diana?
please elaborate; what speedster are you referring to?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:37 PM
Kal-El Summers

Originally posted by Bentley
Who would be a good match against Edward Elric? Venom?

Well, it'd be like fighting a low-rent version of Pride, but does Ed have the firepower to put him down without automatic knowledge of his weakness?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:41 PM
amnesia
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Omega Vision

she took down 50 soul reaper ninjas and we couldn't even see the move. Shit was cash

Thanks to Steverules 2

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:46 PM
amnesia is currently offline Click here to Send amnesia a Private Message Find more posts by amnesia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El Summers

please elaborate; what speedster are you referring to?

Superman, Jesse Quick, Zoom, and the Shattered God.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:49 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

not to mention...

She outran Byakuya, who is known as a "Shunpo Expert"; and she did so while carrying a grown man on her back while being "out of practice".

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:52 PM