KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who has the smarter characters? Marvel or DC?

Who has the smarter characters? Marvel or DC?
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Who has the smarter characters? Marvel or DC?

It's pretty obvious that DC in general has the stronger more powerful characters with most of their roster being uber.

But I think that Marvel may have the smarter characters.

Here are a few that come to mind:

DC- Batman, Luthor, Ivo, Palmer, Brainiac, Superman 1M

Marvel- Reed, Doom, Thanos, Banner, Leader, Sinister

Those are just a few. Please mention anyone else that comes to mind.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 01:38 PM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amnesia
Restricted

Account Restricted

Marvel do have smarter characters IMO.

Thanks to Steverules 2

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 01:43 PM
amnesia is currently offline Click here to Send amnesia a Private Message Find more posts by amnesia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

It depends on how you judge smartest.

Marvel has more super scientists who claim insane IQs, but they tend to be savants. Reed Richards is great at science, but he's pretty dumb in a lot of ways.

On the whole, especially recently Marvel has placed a lot more emphasis in that area. Reed, Pym, Cho, that kind of IQ has gotten a lot of focus.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 01:46 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Its almost impossible to gauge since tech in DC seems to be more accesible for scientists, and its not that impossible to break boundaries of dimensions and time without cosmic artifacts. I would almost go as far as to say DC's dimensional barriers are much easier to pass through.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 02:07 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

I think that Marvel have, in general, the smarter characters. At least, on "Earth".

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 03:41 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Generally speaking DC science is more advanced than Marvel's U

Individually Reed is really smart, but B5 is smarter

Brainiac or Henshaw are extremelly smart.

Henshaw has traveled the whole universe and has aquired a lot of knwledge.

But I still believe that B5 is even smarter than Henshaw

Why am I saying this?

Because as smart as Reed He has not realized his kids are probably not even his but Namor's laughing out loud

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Aug 29th, 2010 at 04:10 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 04:02 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

its a toss up.

but you wonder why with all the scientist in the universe that someone hasnt accidently created something that destroyed the universe

I have returned

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 04:42 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Realistically, universes are huge. Just because you can destroy a planet or cross dimensions doesn't mean you should be able to do jack to a universe.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 05:11 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Firstly, I think you need to clarify what you're talking about here.

I think that DC's most popular characters are more powerful - Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, etc.

I wouldn't say that DC is 'in general' more powerful than Marvel, I'd say that their powerful heroes are more VISIBLE than those at Marvel. You've still got SIlver Surfer, Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Quasar, Blue Marvel, Sentry (up until recently), etc roaming around the MU.

In that same way, I'd say that Marvel's more visible characters are smarter than DC's visible characters. You've got Reed Richards, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner (especially recently), Amadeus Cho, Valeria Richards, T'Challa, Dr. Doom, Tony Stark plus all the members of the Intellegensia, etc.

But by that same token, you've got guys at DC who can match pretty much any of those guys for feats (with the exception of Reed). You've got Batman, Lex Luthor, Ray Palmer, Will Magnus, Niles Caulder, Professor Ivo, Brainiacs 1, 2, 3, & 5, Sardath, Mr. Terrific, Steel, Anarky, Kilowog (who built a time machine and the Rocket Reds), Rip Hunter, etc.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 05:20 PM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Marvel has more omniscient beings.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 05:26 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Like who?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 05:48 PM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

seriously?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 05:52 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Sure.

Like who?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 06:00 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Desaad
Sure.

Like who?

The Unnamed, Off-Panel Lords Who Know All.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 06:04 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

I just doubt anytime anyone says 'omniscience'...it's such a vague term, and it normally doesn't mean much.

Is Eternity omniscient? If he is, why does he get trapped, beaten and generally treated like a child in almost every one of his appearances? Why does he have a worse win/loss record than Paste Pot Pete?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 06:10 PM
amnesia
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because eternity only fights when it's truly necessary.

Thanks to Steverules 2

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 06:14 PM
amnesia is currently offline Click here to Send amnesia a Private Message Find more posts by amnesia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

forgot henry mcoy and dr strange and tony stark

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 06:15 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Originally posted by amnesia
Because eternity only fights when it's truly necessary.

That doesn't actually explain anything, though.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 06:17 PM
amnesia
Restricted

Account Restricted

He only fight enemies that are more powerful then himself.

Thanks to Steverules 2

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 06:19 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Desaad
I just doubt anytime anyone says 'omniscience'...it's such a vague term, and it normally doesn't mean much.

Strictly speaking only one being can be fully Omniscient. Two beings with Omniscience would share all the same knowledge and experiences and would be mentally indistinguishable.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2010 06:32 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote