KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Nova vs Spider-man

Nova vs Spider-man
Started by: Bentley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

Nova vs Spider-man

Who has had more character development?

Discuss.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 09:52 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

That's actually a good thread, both had good development recently imo.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 09:56 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Parmaniac
That's actually a good thread, both had good development recently imo.
Nova has gone backward imo to a certain extent.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 09:59 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Spider-man's had some character development, but then BND happened. Although Spider-man did get a bit more.. mean(?) recently.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 10:01 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by Nihilist
Nova has gone backward imo to a certain extent.
Please expand I only was following Nova since and after Annihilaton.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 10:03 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Please expand I only was following Nova since and after Annihilaton.
Well going on from The Annihilation mini he had and then the main book onward, i feel certain aspects of his character have progressed, like he has become more battle savy and his leadership. But its his constent lack of not listening to the worldminds info, despite all the previous times of ignoring the worldminds words which got him into shit through not paying attention.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 10:11 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Spider-Man, until OMD. After that, well, **** Spider-Man.

Nova's the better character of the two of them, and his character developpement was pretty interesting since Annihilation .

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 09:43 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Spidey was cool in Evolve or Die shame they ignore the Were-Spider feat.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 12:16 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

poor spidey

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 06:38 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Nihilist
Well going on from The Annihilation mini he had and then the main book onward, i feel certain aspects of his character have progressed, like he has become more battle savy and his leadership. But its his constent lack of not listening to the worldminds info, despite all the previous times of ignoring the worldminds words which got him into shit through not paying attention.
This was maddeningly frustrating, although I don't know if it's a regression as much as it's a point of stagnation. One would think that he would've have shown some maturity in that regard, especially after the WM switched to the Ko-Rel persona.

Another thing that was frustrating was that it took until the last couple of issues of TI for Richard to assert his mastery of the Nova Force. And when he finally took back the whole power, the best thing that he did was oneshot the Revengers. Historically the Nova Force was seen as an awesome power that was one of the primal forces of the universe and the full extent of it was enough to drive people insane. Giffen tapped into that a little bit, but DnA seemed to write their character's with fairly conservative power levels.

What I've read of Spidey has been limited to the cliched version in the Bendis books, so it may not be entirely representative of what's going on in his main books.

Last edited by dmills on Nov 21st, 2010 at 07:11 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 07:07 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote