KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Vulcan vs Dr. Doom

Vulcan vs Dr. Doom
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Vulcan vs Dr. Doom

Who wins?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2012 04:03 PM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

What has Doctor Doom ever done to be paired against the likes of Vulcan? Pft, give the man some prep so he can hang in there for a while, lousy Kang clone.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 14th, 2012 04:06 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Doom.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2012 07:11 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThereIsHope

Ima go with Doom

Old Post Jun 14th, 2012 09:11 PM
ThereIsHope is currently offline Click here to Send ThereIsHope a Private Message Find more posts by ThereIsHope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Doom.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 03:21 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Bump. So we have Vulcan vs Adam Warlock, Black Bolt etc.

How does this go?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 11:29 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

in a random encounter, no real reason vulcan couldn't power down doom's armor--or his brain--unless we just say, "he's doom". he tough for doom to put vulcan down quickly too, i think. blasting won't do it, and we've seen vulcan deal with magic. he'd need some doomy-tricksy-ness (aka writer power) to logically get out of this match in one piece imo.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 02:01 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
in a random encounter, no real reason vulcan couldn't power down doom's armor--or his brain--unless we just say, "he's doom". he tough for doom to put vulcan down quickly too, i think. blasting won't do it, and we've seen vulcan deal with magic. he'd need some doomy-tricksy-ness (aka writer power) to logically get out of this match in one piece imo.

Agreed thumb up

With prep id give Doom the majority, but in a random encounter Vulcan would dominate Doom imo

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 05:45 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Doom’s own energy drain and energy manip feats match and outrank Vulcan’s. He’s basically a tech-and-magic version of Vulcan, with more experience and versatility.

Anyways, have we seen Vulcan counter magic besides magical blasts?

Doom BFRs Vulcan to a time and space of his choosing.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 06:02 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Smurph
Doom’s own energy drain and energy manip feats match and outrank Vulcan’s. He’s basically a tech-and-magic version of Vulcan, with more experience and versatility.

Anyways, have we seen Vulcan counter magic besides magical blasts?

Doom BFRs Vulcan to a time and space of his choosing.

To my knowledge Doom hasnt displayed the same high level proficiency of energy manipulation to the point where he is able to wrest control of someones own energies and use their power against them. Doom has just overpowered people with his own energies against theirs. Thats different and not as high level.

With Vulans ability to do so with magic and electromagnetic energy he has Dooms tech/mage hybrid schtick covered.

Vulcan just manipulates Dooms brain impulses to block his access to his powers. An on panel demonstrated ability. Game over.

If BFR is allowed then thats a way of Doom gaining wins. But energy attacks are gonna see his ass get spanked. One could argue that the energies Doom would attempt to use to teleport Vulcan away would similarly be manipulated by Vulcan.

Interesting battle.

But yh without prep Vulcan for the majority.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 06:12 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

I agree. Random encounter without prep, Vulcan wins. He can control pretty much everything within Doom's arsenal -- magic, the armor's power source, shields, weaponry -- and turn them against Doom.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 06:41 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
To my knowledge Doom hasnt displayed the same high level proficiency of energy manipulation to the point where he is able to wrest control of someones own energies and use their power against them. Doom has just overpowered people with his own energies against theirs. Thats different and not as high level.
You’ve never seen Doom take control of somebody’s energy and drain it out of them?

https://imgur.com/jbLIvs7

https://imgur.com/PXPvYhB

https://imgur.com/ocPPDQi
https://imgur.com/IY8aolR

For a example of Doom turning someone’s own energy projection against them, see what he does to Voodoo:

https://imgur.com/OQLSNTE
https://imgur.com/HMtqoSa

Beating people with their own energies has always been Doom’s whole thing, right from the early days of draining Surfer.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 06:47 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

for me it's more about how doom would prevent gabriel from taking over the armor or draining it. it's not like vulcan is...blasting him with power. we also saw when he faced the guard that it doesn't matter if he's drained. unless there is some reason to suggest vulcan can't control the energy of the armor, i'm not sure how doom could win. not saying he 100% doesn't have a counter, but in a random encounter? not sure.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 07:13 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by GalacticStorm

Vulcan just manipulates Dooms brain impulses to block his access to his powers. An on panel demonstrated ability.

You mean against Rachel? He was amped for that and required extremely close proximity for that. Like...touch level closeness. And an amp.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 26th, 2021 at 01:01 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 12:55 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

you don't like vulcan very much do you...?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 12:58 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

you don't like vulcan very much do you...?

Maybe he will like Adam-X better.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: If rumours are true, he is the another Summers brother. As revealed in X-Men Legends #1 already, apparently.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 01:04 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Oh, I'm a well know Vulcan hater.

I guess he is associated with such shitty comics for me that I permanently see the image of a toilet when I see his face. Several potentially neat space arcs were wasted on him.

We went from Annihilation to those dumbass Vulcan arcs. And that also gave us that stupid AF Rachel/Korvus thing.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 26th, 2021 at 01:27 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 01:16 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

What? Are we back in 2009 or something?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 01:23 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I edited "these" to "those." I realized "these" made it sound like it's still going on.

Hickman's Vulcan is currently at least likeable, and I'm enjoying the new take on him. He isn't really the focus of everything too, which helps.

And anyway, Hickman likes him and still has him getting ****ed up by a couple of brood drones so...

Doom stomps.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 26th, 2021 at 01:32 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 01:30 AM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

I think Vulcan can zombify a person. I’d be hard to recover from it.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 01:34 AM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote