KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » who is the best swordsman in comics?

who is the best swordsman in comics?
Started by: DantasKEdc

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DantasKEdc

Old Post Mar 9th, 2021 10:09 PM
DantasKEdc is currently offline Click here to Send DantasKEdc a Private Message Find more posts by DantasKEdc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Hulk

Old Post Mar 9th, 2021 10:17 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Prince Charming.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2021 11:04 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Eugene from TWD

Old Post Mar 9th, 2021 11:08 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Boy Thing shifty

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 9th, 2021 11:09 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing

Old Post Mar 9th, 2021 11:10 PM
MrMind

me, when I cockfight with my boys

Old Post Mar 10th, 2021 12:43 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

love

Old Post Mar 10th, 2021 12:44 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Prince Charming.

thumb up

Bet Snow can give him run for it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2021 01:23 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Bentley
Boy Thing shifty

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 10th, 2021 10:27 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

If web comics count Dr McNinja

Old Post Mar 10th, 2021 11:14 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GodofNature

Originally posted by beatboks
If web comics count Dr McNinja

What has he done with swords?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2021 01:10 PM
GodofNature is currently offline Click here to Send GodofNature a Private Message Find more posts by GodofNature Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by GodofNature
What has he done with swords?

Taken down a horde of ninja a few times

http://drmcninja.com/comics/2007-01-205p30.jpg

He's also used his sword to block divert machine gun fire the WW does with bracelets

Old Post Mar 10th, 2021 02:33 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by beatboks
Taken down a horde of ninja a few times

http://drmcninja.com/comics/2007-01-205p30.jpg

He's also used his sword to block divert machine gun fire the WW does with bracelets

Not to pour cold water on you, but....is that it?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2021 02:34 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not to pour cold water on you, but....is that it?

you think using one a sword to deflect several opponents firing automatic weapons at him is a poor show of swordsmanship? I can't find the scan ATM unfortunately. I mean he's faced multiple enhanced humans too, and defeated his mom in a sword fight. She's supposed to be an uber level swordswoman and defeated multiple ninja too, she just didn't do so in like 3 panels like him. In one panel he has 8 or so ninja in front of him )the one I loaded, the next panel he's surrounded by 20 or so with a sword moving and the next they're all at his feet fallen. Being a web comic it's hard to actually show is feats. that's why I said if web comics count. the story is like a a cut version of a normal comic with pages missing here and there. they are sort of like Golden age comics where the story is told in only a dozen or so pages

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 08:21 AM
DarkSaint85

Maybe I am jaded, but in comics, that's not that impressive.

Just off the top of my head, for example, Gorgon has done it a couple of times:
https://i.imgur.com/C8gj0Fd.jpg

Katana did it recently:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 09:00 AM
Magnon

Surely The Flash is one of the best swordsmen, if not *the* best.

For example, I'm sure he could easily block machine gun fire with a (durable enough) sword. And assuming no PIS, he should be able to defeat Gorgons and Katanas and such in a sword fight.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 09:20 AM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Magnon
Surely The Flash is one of the best swordsmen, if not *the* best.

For example, I'm sure he could easily block machine gun fire with a (durable enough) sword. And assuming no PIS, he should be able to defeat Gorgons and Katanas and such in a sword fight.

He'd be doing it based on speed, as opposed to skill, however. Which would be why he wouldn't rate as highly.

Against Gorgon, it would also depend. If he had his eyes uncovered at the start of the fight, and Flash didn't know about it...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 09:27 AM
Magnon

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He'd be doing it based on speed, as opposed to skill, however. Which would be why he wouldn't rate as highly.

Against Gorgon, it would also depend. If he had his eyes uncovered at the start of the fight, and Flash didn't know about it...

Yes, but those bullet-time feats from the other swordsmen also require superspeed. You can't block multiple-source automatic gun fire with skill alone. So if we allow superspeed when assessing the best swordsman in comics, the Flash immediately becomes a contender.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 12:22 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Magnon
Yes, but those bullet-time feats from the other swordsmen also require superspeed. You can't block multiple-source automatic gun fire with skill alone. So if we allow superspeed when assessing the best swordsman in comics, the Flash immediately becomes a contender.

It's depiction is a skill feat not a speed feat

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 12:32 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote