KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Does being under supernatural control exonerate Eve of any sin?

Does being under supernatural control exonerate Eve of any sin?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

Eve was unjustly punished because she was under supernatural control in a set of circumstances that God himself set up by putting Satan in Eden.

God put Satan in Eden to insure that Eve ate and gave him the power to deceive Eve. She could not resist God's power directed through Satan and thus Eve had no choice but to eat of the tree of knowledge. She, like the snake, were under supernatural control and thus innocent of any wrong-doing.

Eve fails the criteria of mens rea, Latin for evil intent, a fundamental requirement of secular and biblical law, and thus Eve was innocent of any wrong-doing.

No human judge in his right mind would have judged A & E the way God did before God set the conditions that insured that A & E also died from neglect and the locking away of the tree of life. That was murder.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 03:26 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Re: Does being under supernatural control exonerate Eve of any sin?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Greatest I am
No human judge in his right mind

Would judge an assumedly supernatural case? We don't live in a comicbook confused

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 04:12 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Some esoteric interpretations of the Eden story see it as the rise of self-awareness and personal responsibility. Eve made a choice. Thus, no exoneration here. None for Adam either, who also made a choice.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 05:37 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Re: Re: Does being under supernatural control exonerate Eve of any sin?

Originally posted by Bentley
Would judge an assumedly supernatural case? We don't live in a comicbook confused

True but it is said that intelligent men can discuss issues they do not believe in and since that story has been used to bludgeon women into inequality forever, I thought it deserved to be discredited..

Regards
DL

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 02:12 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Mindship
Some esoteric interpretations of the Eden story see it as the rise of self-awareness and personal responsibility. Eve made a choice. Thus, no exoneration here. None for Adam either, who also made a choice.

I agree.

That is the Gnostic Christian and also the opinion of the Jews who wrote it as our elevation and not our fall.

http://www.mrrena.com/misc/judaism2.php

The Christians screwed it all up by changing the moral of the story. Their sheep are easier to fleece when thy feel un-warranted guilt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

Regards
DL

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 02:16 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

According to the story, Adam was the one who sinned, not Eve.

I believe that the problems you have brought up are do to many different Adam and Eve stories being put together into the story in the bible.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 04:15 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
According to the story, Adam was the one who sinned, not Eve.

Yep, I thought the conséquences were hilarious though. Adam sinned against God, he's damned. Eve sinned against Adam, she gets to do his dishes for générations tocom.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 04:47 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Bentley
Yep, I thought the conséquences were hilarious though. Adam sinned against God, he's damned. Eve sinned against Adam, she gets to do his dishes for générations tocom.

Sounds like something a man was come up with. laughing out loud Don't forget the pain of child birth.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 04:58 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Pennance is a good thing. Ask Ghost Rider.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 05:20 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Wonder Man
Pennance is a good thing. Ask Ghost Rider.

pennance
    a misspelling of penance
    Someone obviously doesn't know how to spell.

Source

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 02:27 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I thought Pennance was the Latin form of Penn Jillette. Pennance Jillettus.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 04:49 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

I C WUT U DID THAR.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 09:51 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Asking forgiveness from Cesar is good? Or did I misunderstand?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 10:00 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Ave! True to Teller!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 10:58 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Re: Does being under supernatural control exonerate Eve of any sin?

Originally posted by Greatest I am

God put Satan in Eden to insure that Eve ate and gave him the power to deceive Eve. She could not resist God's power directed through Satan and thus Eve had no choice but to eat of the tree of knowledge. She, like the snake, were under supernatural control and thus innocent of any wrong-doing.

So she was set-up by God & then punished for her actions.

What a petty, conniving A-Hole God must be.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 02:41 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
So she was set-up by God & then punished for her actions.

What a petty, conniving A-Hole God must be.

Remember, in the OT god is an a-hole. He had to let his son die a hearable death before he became a loving god.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 08:26 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

He was true to reality then. My dad wouldn't even look at me until I was killed in a terrorist attack.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 10:32 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

He was true to reality then. My dad wouldn't even look at me until I was killed in a terrorist attack.

I'm sorry to hear that. Now that you are dead, you really should stop posting on the web. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 10:33 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I WAS dead. I'm back now.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 10:47 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Pix or you lai.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 10:51 PM