KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel achieved 50% market share in September

Marvel achieved 50% market share in September
Started by: Accel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Accel

Marvel achieved 50% market share in September

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories...os~_Joe_Week_29
quote:
JM: On a final economic note, it looks like you guys may have achieved something that's never been done since the advent of the direct market, at least as near as I can tell—you achieved 50% market share for the month of September.

JQ: Oh, that little thing?

JM: Is this a natural occurrence, or does this have something to do with that deal that you brokered with Mephisto?

JQ: While Mephisto had something to do with it, I can assure you that nothing has changed in our current timeline except for the fact that my ousting Paul Levitz and becoming head of DC has now NEVER happened.

Thoughts?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 03:33 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

marvel will need good profits to fund all those movies in the future since avengers is the culmination of like 6 different movies.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 06:29 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Well Marvel have been producing some good stories and the sales show it. But then again Jeph Loeb's been writing the Ultimates so there is a down side......

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 08:35 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

marvel has always had a wider appeal than any of the other companies, and sales would reflect that...

i'm not surprised, to be honest...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 08:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

This isn't just some casual thing that happens every now and then though. It just looks to me like DC really dropped the ball during that time period.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 05:16 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ProjectCornDog

DC Comics must be begging for another crossover.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 05:54 PM
ProjectCornDog is currently offline Click here to Send ProjectCornDog a Private Message Find more posts by ProjectCornDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Accel
This isn't just some casual thing that happens every now and then though. It just looks to me like DC really dropped the ball during that time period.

I'm pretty sure Marvel has been dominating DC with their market share for close to a year now though.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 05:58 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ProjectCornDog

Originally posted by psycho gundam
marvel will need good profits to fund all those movies in the future since avengers is the culmination of like 6 different movies.

They made three X-Men movies with good actors/actresses....what are you talking about?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 06:21 PM
ProjectCornDog is currently offline Click here to Send ProjectCornDog a Private Message Find more posts by ProjectCornDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by OnslaughtKILLS
They made three X-Men movies with good actors/actresses....what are you talking about?

Does Marvel receive a share of profits of the X-Men movies or did Fox just pay them a lump sum for the movie rights?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 06:27 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Didn't DC delay like five or six of their top selling titles for September-October?

It's no surprise that their market share crashes - it's their own **** up.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 06:34 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Soljer
Didn't DC delay like five or six of their top selling titles for September-October?

It's no surprise that their market share crashes - it's their own **** up.

True that. Not to say that they don't handle their properties quite as aggressively as Marvel.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 06:52 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

what i mean is, iron man was only made a trilogy (so far, could very well be more) when the response from the first film came back extremely positive, but then again it's iron man, a thor film however imo has to be near perfect to get a "non-comic fan" to bite.

this is the first time in hollywood history that a film ( the avengers) is comprising of characters all from their own feature films, like a pyramid the top piece rests on many others, if one piece at the bottom is not up to standards ( for example - "the incredible hulk, just as good as "iron man" <- thats how they sold it) the avengers movie will be lesser than it should be.

and the cost for those movies will be super high, robert downey jr. is most likely going to take home a lot more for the second film since he's locked in for the long haul. before the transformers movie character models were made, the iron man characters had the most intricate designs to date, the model of the mk II being put on and devise checked had thousands of parts and the cost to make it was really high. a thor movie is going to be FULL of CG, man is that going to be expensive.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 07:02 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Marvel achieved 50% market share in September

Originally posted by Accel
http://marvel.com/news/comicstories...os~_Joe_Week_29

Thoughts?

Joe Q can reboot/wreck/crash/destroy/wtf? Spiderman and the fans will keep buying.

The man knows business...what can ya say? Props to him for keeping his place profitable.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 08:27 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

take that back.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 09:59 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

thats great. And there only gonna get more once i start working there cool

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 05:12 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The industry's as big as it ever has been. Market share is in percentages, but it's just as likely record highs for DC and other companies, even if their percentage dwindles. The comments about percentages need context before they mean anything.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 05:58 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Raoul
take that back.
Never no expression

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 01:12 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Newjak
Never no expression

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 03:18 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by DigiMark007
The industry's as big as it ever has been. Market share is in percentages, but it's just as likely record highs for DC and other companies, even if their percentage dwindles. The comments about percentages need context before they mean anything.

Didn't DC only have a couple titles in the top twenty for that month? That's some pretty pathetic competition.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 05:55 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

How are the new Spiderman comics in sales?

I just want to know when they will retcon the OMD shit.
I want to read Spidey comics again but as long as the shit with
OMD is going on.... no thx xD

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 04:46 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote