KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » All Things Avengers

All Things Avengers
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

All Things Avengers

so, i can't believe there isn't a thread dedicated to the myriad avengers books going on right now. this is a place to discuss all things avengers.

i already stated my opinion of avengers and new avengers in a different thread, but to reiterate--i'm damn tired of the direction and would love to see the situation resolved. i'm very much enjoying avengers undercover and am catching up on mighty avengers. so, thoughts....?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 03:23 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

on a slightly different note--any fans of da vinci's demons? it was cool to see hickman writing for the show. matt fraction has also written for the series. i still love it though. lol

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 05:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
so, i can't believe there isn't a thread dedicated to the myriad avengers books going on right now. this is a place to discuss all things avengers.

i already stated my opinion of avengers and new avengers in a different thread, but to reiterate--i'm damn tired of the direction and would love to see the situation resolved. i'm very much enjoying avengers undercover and am catching up on mighty avengers. so, thoughts....?

There actually is one. I made a couple years back. It sank to the bottom, like this one likely will as well.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2014 05:43 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Also doesn't help when most folks mainly visit the comic book verses.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2014 07:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, too bad. i enjoy these threads that actually discuss, you know....comics. instead of just characters fighting each other. erm

Old Post Jul 11th, 2014 01:24 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

yeah, too bad. i enjoy these threads that actually discuss, you know....comics. instead of just characters fighting each other. erm

Same here.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2014 01:28 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'm only reading Uncanny Avengers at the moment, it's a monthly title so there is less to discuss than in your regular bimonthly title, but it has had a nice pay off so far.

It felt sort of ripp-offy towards House of M, but with more Kang.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 11:36 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by Kazenji
Also doesn't help when most folks mainly visit the comic book verses.

Agreed... too much emphasis on fights and feats.

Not really enjoying Avengers much at the moment. Avengers & NA are OK, but there aren't really any classic stories anymore. Uncanny I don't like just because of the mess they made of the Celestials.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 03:06 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Bentley
I'm only reading Uncanny Avengers at the moment, it's a monthly title so there is less to discuss than in your regular bimonthly title, but it has had a nice pay off so far.

It felt sort of ripp-offy towards House of M, but with more Kang.

i'm just getting caught up on my uncanny avengers but i really didn't like the feel of the book initially. i wasn't a fan of the red skull arc but figured i might as well keep going to see if it got better. good to know you think it pays off. thumb up

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:29 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by basilisk
Agreed... too much emphasis on fights and feats.

Not really enjoying Avengers much at the moment. Avengers & NA are OK, but there aren't really any classic stories anymore. Uncanny I don't like just because of the mess they made of the Celestials.

have you been following mighty avengers? i'm enjoying that book better than avengers and def more than new avengers, which is the book i'm least enjoying. it's weird though--after having invested so much time in reading and following the arc, i feel i need to see it come to it's conclusion, but i don't see anyway the pay off can be good enough.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:32 PM
Stoic
Avenger

I'm a big fan of the Mighty Avengers, and New Avengers.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 01:41 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

have you been following mighty avengers? i'm enjoying that book better than avengers and def more than new avengers, which is the book i'm least enjoying. it's weird though--after having invested so much time in reading and following the arc, i feel i need to see it come to it's conclusion, but i don't see anyway the pay off can be good enough.

I don't think the payoff will be good enough either. It's long and drawn out without any reason to be. Not terrible, and it's interesting at times, but a lot of it is just more of the same Hickman guff and it just can't seem to reach any epic heights. Hickman probably thinks it's awesome, but that's Hickman for you.

Forgot about MA, I did read the Shuma Gorath arc which was not bad. Might look into catching up on it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 02:19 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

you're right about hickman's stuff. in a way, he reminds me a little of stephen king. king's books are engaging and long but they drag you along because they are interesting enough, and yet, invariably, the ending sucks but you're willing to overlook the end because the journey was cool enough to put up with it. in this case though it's just becoming tedious. black swan needs to actually do something besides looking tough and ominous--something positive needs to happen. hell, even hulk was shown to not be the strongest in this arc! it's depressing. i mostly enjoyed his work on FF but his stuff just seems to....fade away as opposed to being definitively resolved. least that's my take on it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 02:28 PM
basilisk

Black Swan must be one of the least interesting characters to take up panels in a long time.

I don't know exactly what it is about the whole arc, but part of it is that the Avengers just seem to have lost their humanity somehow. There are lots of tough decisions, betrayals, testing moments, and universe crunching events but there is no normalcy in their lives. The human side of the characters was once upon a time what made Marvel successful.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 03:22 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i agree 110%! that's actually a really good point. and i really hate what has happened to namor who at one time was such an honourable character.... they are struggling with their humanity, but it seems to be sliding. maybe they will be redeemed eventually, but it already seems they have crossed a bridge. sun god's team was def the team to root for in the battle which seems.....wrong to me. sun god's team was what the new avengers should have been. namor and strange have gone totally off the rails. only beast seems to retain some redeeming qualities. this level of doom and gloom can only be carried so far before it wears very thin and you simply start disliking the characters. that's about where i'm at now. like i said--i'd stop reading it, but after all the issues i do want to see how it gets resolved. i just hope it happens soon.....

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 07:57 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Im only reading Undercover right now. I like that book so far.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 08:44 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

undercover is excellent. thumb up i love nico.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 02:26 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Im a Hazmat fan, Zemo, Masque & Constrictor are like sprinkles on this fanboy sundae.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 02:53 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I'm starting to really hate Uncanny Avengers. Each issue seems to get dumber and dumber.

Plus considering Remender only wants to write about Apocalypse like almost every book for the past few years, why doesn't he actually bring the character back? Not some shitty kidpocalypse or Twins form, the actual character. This series seems as good as any.

And this Red Skullslaught payoff better be worth it.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 03:31 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Yeah.. Really getting annoyed with Avengers/New Avengers..
Stories unfold like molasses.. And wut the phukk is Hickman's hard on for Superman analogues? I have a million Superman books to read that from. Hyperion Now was enough. He made such a big splash, but is back to being underutilized.

Uncanny is still kinda cool. Kinda like how Sentry has a more defined role in MU. Before he was annoying with his agoraphobic schizophrenic hullabaloo. Now at least he's batshiet, but don't give a phukk. I'm feelin this whole confident nut job persona.

Mighty is somewhat interesting. I'm just there for Blue Marvel and Spectrum.

Avengers World is kinda ok with it's showcasing of certain characters per issue. Lord knows we need screentime for the less popular characters. Goddamn team is too big.

Not reading Secret Avengers and Avengers Undercover atm..

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 03:44 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote