KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Avengers Thread

The Avengers Thread
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Btw [SPOILER - highlight to read]: killing off Doctor Voodoo after about two arcs holding the Sorcerer Supreme title was as lame as it gets, really way to troll the character Bendis
You didn't see that coming? I mean killing is extreme but Strange was always going to be top dog.
Originally posted by Stoic
Yeah me too, I'm interested in the direction that Simon is going.

As of right now? I would go with:

Thor
Ironman
Quasar
Ms. Marvel
Rulk
Hawkeye
Monica Rambeau (Field Captain)

This is a line up that would make even the Mighty JLA blush.
Simon threw me off. I had completely forgotten about his change of heart. I think it will be good.
Originally posted by Prep-Man
So... Any new Rulk feats? Anything good in Avengers?
Rulk has been getting his ass handed to him his past several appearances.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 05:31 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I never assumed Doctor Voodoo was going to be the pivot of a new magic age in Marvel, but I expected his new role as Sorcerer Supreme to last longer or at least to dismiss the importance of the title itself. One way or another Brother Voodoo was behind Son of Satan and Doom when it came to magics, his persona was never going to top Strange but I wanted him to exist more for a change.

In another topic, I'm hoping Janet resurrects in a few years, if only because the female Avengers are getting dismissed permanently for no other reason than the males being cooler. Pft.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 03:15 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I think that Marvel just used Brother Voodoo as a scrub. It's far easier to kill off an obscure character than to let a more established one go, how would you have felt if Dr. Strange got the axe? I think that they just used him to fulfill the story, and to tie up a few loose ends. As far as I'm concerned he won't be missed, which was most likely the point.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 03:56 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

1) Hulk
2) Red Hulk
3) She-Hulk
4) Red She-Hulk
5) Lyra She-Hulk
6) Skaar
7) A-Bomb

With an Avengers lineup like that who needs anyone else?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2010 09:39 AM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I'm really sick of Bendis shoving The Hood down my throat. There are other villains around, some of which are actually credible threats.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Nov 27th, 2010 06:17 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I'm really sick of Bendis shoving The Hood down my throat. There are other villains around, some of which are actually credible threats.
I'm really sick of Bendis shoving crap stories, poor dialogue, and bad characterization down my throat.

At least there is Secret Avengers now.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 11:30 AM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stall_19
Herald of Galactus

I have many questions about the latest Avengers issue.

One, why isn't the Hood imprisoned. In the New Avengers finale they caught him and handed him off to shield. Two, How the hell did he know where the infinity gems are hidden? Three, So why did the reality gem take him right to the Red Hulk? Four, Why the hell did they advertise the issue as Red Hulk joins the Avengers when all that happen was that he went through through their window before losing consciousness.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 11:55 AM
Stall_19 is currently offline Click here to Send Stall_19 a Private Message Find more posts by Stall_19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by basilisk
I'm really sick of Bendis shoving crap stories, poor dialogue, and bad characterization down my throat.

Seems like he's gonna be on the title for a while look into january on Marvel.com and he's still doing it.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 12:48 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by Kazenji
Seems like he's gonna be on the title for a while look into january on Marvel.com and he's still doing it.
Still, it has to end eventually. At least with Secret Avengers out now we can enjoy some monthly non-Bendis Avengers again, even if it isn't a standard lineup.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 01:33 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They need to get Dan Slott back he was good on the last run.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2010 06:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Yea so Wolverine and Squirrel Girl. Are they a couple? Did they have a past encounter? New Avengers 7 wasn't action packed, but not bad. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Dr. Strange an Avenger, Wong is the Butler, Squirrel Girl is the Nanny. I like the direction.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 12:29 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

With nanny like that who needs avengers.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 06:46 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Originally posted by SamZED
With nanny like that who needs avengers.
Squirrel girl should be in the line-up for the Avengers.

Take out useless Spider woman!

Oh, D-man should be substitute for the over abuse Logan franchise!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 02:19 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by vansonbee
Squirrel girl should be in the line-up for the Avengers.

Take out useless Spider woman!

Oh, D-man should be substitute for the over abuse Logan franchise!

What??? Spider Woman is one of the hottest chicks in comics. The New Avengers are in need of a speedy character, like Quick Silver or Monica.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 05:47 AM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

SG in the team makes it unfair.

They are becoming more powerful than the cosmic team in Thanos Imperatice...stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 10:08 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Exactly.^

I dont think Cage and Thing on the same team is a good idea. Has nothing against the characters. But they're both too simillar for the team. Both are strong/durable bricks/brawlers. The team needs to be more balanced.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 08:56 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by SamZED
Exactly.^

I dont think Cage and Thing on the same team is a good idea. Has nothing against the characters. But they're both too simillar for the team. Both are strong/durable bricks/brawlers. The team needs to be more balanced.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, isn't that kinda redundant? It's a bit like having the human torch and Pyro on the same team. erm

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 09:46 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Thing is cool, the team seems way too "physical" but at least now they have some magics as back up. I actually thought one of the weakest thing about the NA was their lack of a powerhouse, at least Carol and Ben kind of make up for it.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 10:04 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

NA #7 was very enjoyable.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2010 02:54 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The Secret Avengers is shaping up pretty well, I really like Deodata's work on this book, his sketches of regular sized characters is his strong suit, he should stay away from sketching larger ones like Venom however. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: In The Secret Avengers 08, Cap saves Brunhilde from getting injured, showing that this team gels fairly well. Great scene. Claps and applause needed for that scene.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2010 09:13 PM